astein3

Single Cab Truck Installs

Lets see em guys. I wanna know how you guys cram bass into these small areas. Post pics of your single cab setups: amps, speakers, whatever...

I'd post pics of the 3 w3v2 10's that I had but sadly my amprack is torn apart and I blew the w3v2's

I'll try and get some pics uptonight for ya

Cool thanks. You were one of the people who I was hoping would post. I saw your vehicle description and that you have a 12" SI Mag so i was kinda wondering how you went about it.

I'll try and get some pics uptonight for ya

Cool thanks. You were one of the people who I was hoping would post. I saw your vehicle description and that you have a 12" SI Mag so i was kinda wondering how you went about it.

It's raining like hell right now, but as soon as it lets up....I am off for the rest of the day.

Here ya go....2004 GMC Workin' Truck. You caught me in the middle of redoing my amps and amp rack, what I got in there is just temped in on a piece of plywood. I have to deaden the entire cab (doors well done, got time on my hands now for the rest of the month to do the floor, backwall, and headliner....plus a great hookup 10 minutes from the house) before I put it all back together.

Truck

2006150184159058444_rs.jpg

Keep in mind that I bought this at the very end of the model year

2006169779500868222_rs.jpg

Source(s) (spots are on camera lens not my stuff)

2004465090369000216_rs.jpg

Driver's Door grill off

2006102630280957014_rs.jpg

2006139224528347099_rs.jpg

Amp's (For Now)

2006166520714433333_rs.jpg

2006120977815947694_rs.jpg

Enclosure and my Baby

2006111525139139251_rs.jpg

2001982924941975063_rs.jpg

2006178546073232551_rs.jpg

Pretty dirty right now, needin some TLC, but that's my single cab work in progress...hope that helps.

Sealed, IIRC 1.25cuft or a little less.

Sealed, IIRC 1.25cuft or a little less.

Correct, right at 1.25, solid as a rock.

sweet amps.

Just waiting for Jake to build me a good 4 by 200 then I'll sell them to ya cheap Aaron :woot: I have the matching 206 and lines on another 209/206 combo for a good price...debating on picking them up and running the 206's bridged to the lotus and a 209 for the tweets. I have a "Denford" 8250 head and PPI DCX 730 that going to take over the source role, and yes I promise to take lots of pic's when I get the time to tear things apart.

Here's mine, it's a 1998 Chevrolet S10. I've since replaced the MTX amp for my components with an ED NINe.2x and made a new box for the DD 3510d. The old box was too deep, so I made the new box shallower and longer to compensate. Both boxes are 1.5ft^3 net with DD's reccomended port(according to DD it's tuned to 40hz, but using various online calculators, it seems to be tuned to 45hz). The old box "sounded" louder, and maybe played deeper, but maybe it's just me. I keep changing around my setup, so I haven't taken the time to clean up my spaghetti mess(wiring).

tn_January07PassengerSide2.jpg

tn_January07PassengerSide1.jpg

tn_January07DriverSide.jpg

tn_January07Port.jpg

ALOHA FROM HAWAII,

SKY

Nice SKY.

Thanks! If I didn't keep switching in and out different boxes and sub setups, I'd clean up my wiring. Those pics were taken back in January, but now I have a much shallower box that allows me to move my seats practically all the way back. With the old box(the one pictured), I'd drive almost all the way up on the steering wheel, and passengers would have their knees up against my glovebox. I'll try and take some pics tomorrow of the new box. There's a car show Saturday night that there is suppose to be a soundoff at. I might tear out my daily setup tomorrow morning and throw in my comp(spl) setup to compete. If I have the time, I'll try to take pics of both setups.

ALOHA FROM HAWAII,

SKY

finebar, did you have to raise the seat to put that amp under there? or i guess you dont have power seats... cause there is no way i could get an amp under my seat...

don't expect an answer super fast, finebar has been super busy lately and not able to come here as often as he'd like :(

oh well i was just kinda curious... dont think id be able to fit anything under mine even with spacers... damn power seats! but they are so nice :)

Power seat on the driver side, regular slider on the passenger side. There is not much clearance, but the Orion has never overheated. (Sean is right, been really going crazy lately....my week next week: Monday drive from Denver to Lander WY, Tue drive from Lander WY to Billings MT, Wed from Billings to Great Falls, Thurs from Great Falls to Sidney (35 miles from Canada), Fri long ass drive home) I try and get in here every chance I get, but been more of a Part Time lurker for the last few months.

late 90's dodge ram 2500. 12" FI Q, hifonics amp, box is 2.5cubes net tuned to like 30...

DSCN1005.jpg

DSCN1278.jpg

we did have to weld some new brackets on the center console to move it about 3" forward so the box would fit..but u can hardly tell..

before:

DSCN1131.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

after:

DSCN1155.jpg

DSCN1153.jpg

mounted the amp under the center console

DSCN1314.jpg

DSCN1323.jpg

box installed

DSCN1316.jpg

DSCN1322.jpg

DSCN1317.jpg

DSCN1318.jpg

sounds amazing

/story

What are the dimensions on that dodge reg cab box? And, what Hr is it tuned to?

Wow, that is a very very nice box. Great work!!

thanks guys, that was our first time painting an mdf box...i now can appreciate a nicely painted box because that thing took forever to get it like we wanted it.

i really cant remember the dimensions off the top of my head,me and the buddy i built it for arent really on speaking terms for some personal reasons or i would ask him.

but i am going to say 40ish long x 15ish tall x 8.5ish top depth x 12ish bottom depth...its been like a year and i cant remember exactly.

oh yea, its 2.5cubes net tuned around 30 if i remember correctly

Edited by amatt85