Ga foo 88

rl-10 info

I was just looking at the specs on the rl-i 10 on the SS website, and was wondering if was a typo on the rec. enclosure. Website says .45 vented and .65 sealed? and also the rl-i 8 vented is smaller than the sealed... is that right or what? or what are some boxes yall have used for either driver in any application?

This is what the website says: (Rli10")

Acceptable:

0.4 - 0.95 cu ft net volume sealed

0.3 - 1.2 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 22 - 36 Hz

Optimal Home:

0.85 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 22 Hz

Optimal Car:

0.65 cu ft net volume sealed

0.45 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 27 Hz

Rli8

Acceptable:

0.2 - 0.65 cu ft net volume sealed

0.25 - 0.65 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 25 - 35 Hz

Optimal Home:

0.45 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 25 Hz

Optimal Car:

0.5 cu ft net volume sealed

0.3 cu ft net volume vented, Fb = 35 Hz

I am not sure either why, they look different than my memory says. My 8 is in .65 ported and sounds nice. Sealed I enjoyed it in .4cuft.

fuzzyping has an 8 that he has had in a few different boxes, might want to ask him.

hmm... anyone else using rli 8/10 currently, specificallly in a truck.

Mine sealed was in my truck.

I have 2 rl-i 8's in my wifes car ported right now. She just did her second comp yesterday, and pulled a 139.6 on a TL mic sealed.

Edited by oxsign

i had my tc-1000 8 (very similar to the rli8) in both .4cuft sealed and .8@36hz. loved em both.so i got another and theyre going in 1.8@32hz off a sae-1000d.

:)

I was hoping to have my new T-Box completed and installed already. Unfortunately, sometimes life smacks you upside the head and derails things. I won't get into details here, suffice it to say my life is upside down right now.

Anyways, I'm currently running a single RL-i8 in a sealed ~0.35 box in my 4Runner. Sounds great but lacks on the very low end and in general output. In a previous ported box (broken design) it had much greater output and had a nice smooth sound. Denim has the box now, but I'm not sure if he's gotten a chance to play with it.

acidburn has two in his Impala sealed. I'd guess close to .5cuft

about 0.4 cubes each I believe

acidburn has two in his Impala sealed. I'd guess close to .5cuft

about 0.4 cubes each I believe

That is what you told me when you were doing it. They used to be in .3 though IIRC.

Alrite thanks guys. I was really more interested in the 10 as im looking at getting propablly a CC Titan... but does anyone know the real sealed and ported rec. air space for the rl-i 10? or is it really more build and listen, then change things up?

Alrite thanks guys. I was really more interested in the 10 as im looking at getting propablly a CC Titan... but does anyone know the real sealed and ported rec. air space for the rl-i 10? or is it really more build and listen, then change things up?

Have an RL-i 10 on the way, should be here within the week. After talking it over with Mike of SS I decided to go with .65 cu ft(using a PPI Pro650 to give the sub 400 watts). I would have gone ported as Mike suggested but even a moderately tuned box would have had a huge port length. I think I will try the sealed at first and then depending on what I think may go ported.

look at the first reply

Yep those recommendations in the second reply are on par. As these drivers offer a relatively small cone size, I like to suggest a slightly larger sealed box in order to help beef up the overall output and low-frequency extension. On the ported box, this is not necessary and in order to maintain a flat frequency response, that is why you see a smaller net volume recommendation.

Apologies for the untimely reply! Spent a week in Oregon visiting my mother, sisters, nieces and nephews, and have been scramblin' to catch up this week. But I'm back, and as always - the quickest direct response will be had through email, though I will do my best to stop by these sweet digs as time permits!