19 members have voted

1. 1. Which headunit is better?

• Pioneer DEH-880PRS
    • Alpine CDA-9887
    • Eclipse CD5000
    • Eclipse CD7000
    • Alpine CDA-9855
    • Alpine CDA-9835

Im just looking for a little info on what you guys think the best headunit out of the above choices would be. They are all capable of running active frontstage which is what im looking for. And im pretty sure I can get them at or around the same price. Any of you guys with experience with any of the choices, please post any likes/dislikes. Thanks.

The L/R eq on the 880 I find very helpful. It is the only unit on your list with that capability.

If your gonna run just the head unit with no external proc, or eq . I gotta go with sean and say the 880 . :)

If your gonna run just the head unit with no external proc, or eq . I gotta go with sean and say the 880 . :)

Yea im starting to think it would be the best choice. I liked that the eclipses have nav features, but Im supposed to be getting an eclipse avn6610 from my brother in law for like 200 bucks, so i guess i wouldnt need the nav. I figure I can run both, just use an aux input from the nav to the 880. Or maybe run my rear speakers off the nav so I can still get the directions and sound from movies.

Or sell that Nav and buy an Alpine nav/controller to work with an H701. :D

Or sell that Nav and buy an Alpine nav/controller to work with an H701. :D

Nah thas ok.

H701 is the tits.

H701 is the tits.

I'm sure it is. I just wanna keep it simple, and a 165 band equalizer doesnt sound too simple to me.

H701 is the tits.

I'm sure it is. I just wanna keep it simple, and a 165 band equalizer doesnt sound too simple to me.

Not so sure I agree with that statement at all. You are already into the "complicated" diy setup and having extra eq doesn't mean you have to use, you only need to eq what you feel you need. The flexibility of an off board proc is so much further than any headunit and for that reason alone is a superb option.

i voted 880 prs..... but i cant stress to you enough............ DO YOUR GROUNDS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME ON YOUR AMPS AND HEADUNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently had to deal with 880 noise. and solving it was not fun. i had to resort to the rca wrapping method because i couldnt fix it by redoing grounds on chassis for amps.

Eclipse is usually my first choice.

Well my 880 finally came in and I have to say I love it. The display is definitely fancy enough for my taste and the sound quality greatly exceeds that of my 6800MP. Im not running active yet and Im impressed at the way it sounds. I cant wait to run active on this lil beauty. Just gotta wait until I can get home. Football season started and we have home games for the next 3 weekends. One day it'll be done. Thanks to everyone for all the input on the poll.