Xibalba

What would you put in it?

So I will be picking up one of these bad boys very soon and have no clue what to do for the system. Know i want FI obviously. I wanna know what you would pick, basically a poll minus the poll. I would love to hear any opinions on just about anything. Thanks.

Sub layout would probably depend for me on how the amp rack/rest of the system was laid out...the only two Fi products that I'd consider personally would be the Q or SSD.

Probably what i put in my friends...

Single 18 sealed mounted in the spare tire well facing upwards. Anything but the BTL for that.

Front doors are quite large, 7" mids fit no problem.

Tweeters on the dash have a huge opening, limitless possibilities there

put it this way..if u start with a ssd and u feel the power of just one sub..ur gonna want to hear the btl eventually. i'd just go ahead and start with a q.

15" sealed Q in the spare tire well. 18" needs 2x the air space of the 15"... I don't know if you can get 4ft^3 for a 18" if you want to keep it stealthy & trunk usable.... if you don't care, then go with the 18"

You could fit a 8" in the doors (6x9 holes), 3" wideband midrange in the dash (2.5" speaker, just over 4" hole) & small tweeter on the pillars or sail panels if you want to go 3 way active. Or a 2-way active option is a 7" mid (seas ER) or 8" mid (Peerless Exclusive) & large format tweeter in the dash, like the Peerless HDS (which would fit perfectly in that location).

Powered all with a 100W+ 4 channel & 1000-1500W sub amp. Will also need processing to go active, and that depends on whether you replace the HU or not & what you want to do there.

18" and usable trunk dont go together

Its either one or the other, you cant have both.

The FG/Birch enclosure I made only took up 18" L x 4" H x 36" W of actual trunk space.

Quite a bit of things need relocation to do this though.

You could probably do a single 15 ported and still keep the stock battery/fuse mounting and just get a smaller battery.

The dodge one has a ton of reserve but CCA is a bit lacking for its size.

ur gonna want to hear the btl eventually.

Not everyone's a basshead...

Very true, I could care less about hearing a btl. The real question though is where does the OP sit.

No wai !

so many options. good thing i have a little time to figure it out. rims are coming first for me, then HU, speakers, and finally subs. more than likely speakers and subs will come together. I have a lot of work cut out for me though it seems. The charger i am lookin at comes with the 11 Kicker speaker set, so rippin that junk out.

I think 6 10's is a little much for me, probably gonna be 1 or 2 subs. I will def. be doing a fiberglass enclosure. This is my first luxury/sports car. always had rugged 4x4's and such, so gotta do it right.

Edited by Xibalba

2 D1 10" SSD's with Copper coil and BP power upgrades and a 1000+ watt amp sounds like a good set up to me.

Funny you should mention that, yesterday I started thinkin that I am more into SPL than Sq, so I may just go with a 15" BTL. That would fit easily in the trunk. Dont know if yall have seen it yet, but the trunk if freakin massive!!! so what i am thinkin of doin is installin the amp somewhere kinda hidden, under seat if i can. I am doin a cut through in the armrest and am thinkin of puttin the port going right into this opening. The sub will face the rear of the car obviously. With this bad boy, I will def need tons of sound deadener in this heavy trunk lid. Hopefully doin this I can keep my rear tire.

You can stick the amps under the floor where the spare tire goes, there should be enough room.

As for the port, you could also upfire it into the stock 8" opening. The srt 8 doesnt use it but the boston acoustics system does.

I wouldnt cut the srt 8 seats, they are worth to much

You will need a chit ton of deadening, probably around 150sqft if not more for the whole car.

The trunk lid is by far the worst part of the car, rattles like a mo fo.

I may be wrong, not sure as to the overall layout of the car....but didn't he say he wanted to keep his spare tire in the trunk also...no amps under there for him I wouldnt think.

Ive spent long enough in the trunk of a charger.

I know there is clearance on top of the tire

IS THERE REALLY!! SWEEEETTTTT!!! I havent dug to far into the trunks yet. God I cant wait!!! I will try and take as many pics as possible. As previously stated about the rims.....I want 24's, but since I am getting the SRT solely for its performance abilities, I think 24's will be way to heavy and greatly hinder acceleration and overall performance. I will probably get some 18's or so....but I will hit you up. Will probably sell the stock rims, dont need them laying around takin up room.

Doesnt the srt8 already come with 18 inch rims? If so, why would you get rid of them? I believe the stock rims are chrome too(or polished aluminum)

I love odd rims....need to stand out somewhere, always rims for me. I love Martin Bros Rims esp, so that is what I will more than likely put on it. That or something form my second fav rim company, MOB.

In that case, I would keep the stockers.... simply because it may actually help you resell it later on. Just toss them in the garage or shed... you never know when a spare set of 20's will come in handy :woot: