niqnak

8" woofers

i posted this over at caraudio.com just now and i thought id post it over here to get your guys' opinion as well.

I have heard on other forums that the trunk of my car (1990 BMW 325is) is very well sealed off and its hard to get bass into the car so I am considering putting some 8's in the rear deck. Preferably 2 but I may be able to add a third. Just wondering if you guys could direct me in the right area and give me some ideas for nice 8 inch woofers. I want these things to get as loud as possible, I was originally planning on getting a 12" SX. I have looked into the RE8's, the Crystal Comps, and and Diamond Audio CM3. If you guys could give me any info on any of these subs or direct me towards some others that would be great. I think i may try and port these if possibly btw. If you need any other information to help me please ask.

Thanks

Edited by niqnak

THe kicker Solo's aren't too shabby. You might want to take a look at Tang Band 8's as well as I have heard they are fairly comparable to the RE's.

i plan on putting 2-8s in the back dash of my car very soon. im goin to fiberglass me a new dash to put them in.

heres a pic of one of my 8s

i also have another 8 thats alot bigger then the one in the pic that im putting in my wifes car with 1000w goin to it..

jamie

post-7-1086838329_thumb.jpg

the ID8s are at a good price on SD

If you're going to the trouble to cut up the back deck to install 8s why not just cut up the back deak to vent the bass from the trunk and use whatever subs you want?

yeah i was thinking about that, but the rear deck already has speakers in it so it wouldnt be that much of a problem. i gotta get my car back so i can look at stuff. and xtrmeasures, what kinda 8's are those?

If you're going to the trouble to cut up the back deck to install 8s why not just cut up the back deak to vent the bass from the trunk and use whatever subs you want?

because that dont always work...

jamie

yeah i was thinking about that, but the rear deck already has speakers in it so it wouldnt be that much of a problem. i gotta get my car back so i can look at stuff. and xtrmeasures, what kinda 8's are those?

they are the baddest 8s on the planet... :D:P;)

elemental designs e8a i have two of them

jamie

I have a 2000 Dodge stratus, and it has stock 6x9 rear deck factory speakers... I found that if I mounted my speakers under the rear deck, instead of on top, I did not even have to cut anything, just drill a couple new holes. It was for my midbass, but since I was running a loud sub, I decided to drop the idea.

I am running Beals Brothers 8" subs. They sounded great, and I believe they are around 110w RMS. If you want to give them a try, I'll sell you them both for around $75 shipped. They are SVC 2 ohm subs. Let me know if you are interested!

T.J.

talbrech@css.edu

AIM:tobzzbot

MSN:tobzzbot@hotmail.com

I have a 1987 BMW 325e. Take the speakers out of the rear deck first. That helps a lot :) I would leave the grills on there too. Just for the stock look of course. I would take the rear speakers out and get whatever sub you want. It can get purdy loud actually.

Will

they are the baddest 8s on the planet... :D:P;)

jamie

I beg to differ. ;)

they are the baddest 8s on the planet... :D   :P   ;)

jamie

I beg to differ. ;)

ok i have the 2nd baddest, because the monster8 is the baddest.... :finger:

which i also have.... :boink: :boxin: :punch:

:P

jamie

ok i have the 2nd baddest, because the monster8 is the baddest.... :finger:

which i also have.... :boink:

Edited by josh99ta

i posted this over at caraudio.com just now and i thought id post it over here to get your guys' opinion as well.

I have heard on other forums that the trunk of my car (1990 BMW 325is) is very well sealed off and its hard to get bass into the car so I am considering putting some 8's in the rear deck. Preferably 2 but I may be able to add a third. Just wondering if you guys could direct me in the right area and give me some ideas for nice 8 inch woofers. I want these things to get as loud as possible, I was originally planning on getting a 12" SX. I have looked into the RE8's, the Crystal Comps, and and Diamond Audio CM3. If you guys could give me any info on any of these subs or direct me towards some others that would be great. I think i may try and port these if possibly btw. If you need any other information to help me please ask.

Thanks

Sounds like an ideal scenerio for an infinite baffle box :P

:slayer:

I know you're a guy who likes your 8s, and that you've metered against an 8W7 before, but if you've never tried one in your install, I'd try to pick one up if you could just to play with. I've played with alot of 8s (RE8, TB8, E8A, and a few other less notable ones) and I thought the 8W7 might be around E8A level, but it far exceeded my expectations. There is definantly a reason why I love this little sucker so much.

I know you're a guy who likes your 8s, and that you've metered against an 8W7 before, but if you've never tried one in your install, I'd try to pick one up if you could just to play with. I've played with alot of 8s (RE8, TB8, E8A, and a few other less notable ones) and I thought the 8W7 might be around E8A level, but it far exceeded my expectations. There is definantly a reason why I love this little sucker so much.

i guess ill have to see about playing with one soon....

i understand what your saying josh, but im just bias...lol

but things can change :denim:

jamie

jamie

I think its just that eD boner that you have :P

Just messin w/ you :boink:

Don't wanna compromise my deal w/ you :blink:

jamie

I think its just that eD boner that you have :P

Just messin w/ you :boink:

Don't wanna compromise my deal w/ you :blink:

your walking on thin ice :finger:

I know how it goes. I'm a bit biased to after hearing the 8W7. Can't think of another sub I'd rather own that this little monster. Not taking anything away from the ED units or any other 8s or other subs for that matter that I've played with. The 8W7 didn't just get my praise though, it earned it. Hell of a sub.

My friend billy's 8w7 got low as hell. It got pretty loud too. Sounded really good, but I prefer the sound of my XXX 12 to it. But it was an impressive little 8. I think if he would have had a bigger port on the box he made, it would have gotten a good bit louder. Never heard Jamies 8 though. Supposedly it was loud or sumthin :P

Now my friend mike has a 2004 8l7 in a kicker ported box, and we put my hifonics 1500 on it at 2 ohms and it was really loud. I would say around 136 on the termlab. Too bad he blew it. Its under warranty though. :denim:

Supposedly the sensor is about 1.5 dB down from the very tight Linear X I used to get metered on, and I turned a 137.2 with a single RE8 sealed with 200w on it on the X, and the 8W7 is a great deal louder than that RE8 was (might have gotten close to 140 dB on the X). I think I could bust 135 dB on the sensor with the 8W7 (sealed 0.90 cubes, 300w) in the Trans Am, maybe even a 136 or 137 with MECA style metering (mic in passenger's kick).

137.2 SEALED at the dash?????

See I hate dB numbers they piss me off. I had six re 8s ported with 1200 watts and only hit a 141 at the kick...but to me it was loud!! Just the meter owned it...grrr...New Termlab

That 137.2 was with a single RE8 sealed with 200w on the old Linear X (still one of the tightest mics out there, but that particular one was still about 1.5 dB high on the sensor), so on the TermLab I maybe would have gotten a 135 or so. With the 8W7 I dont think 135 on the sensor would be bad, and I think 136-137 is possible.

so if the monster8 sounded as good as the e8a were would it stand against the w7...lol