pimpedout97x

MINI Cooper Wall Worklog

ill just update with pics, i didnt even read the above posts after my last one, im not going to cuz ill just get the thread deleted again.

also, does resining the inside help alot? im going to do it anyways, just curious. does it do anything else besides seel any leaks? do you use mat, or just resin the wood?

It water proofs, Resin inside is used to seal and smooth airflow. Turn and run very fast from anyone who proclaims it's strength adding capabilities. If you want strength add mat and or cloth , then apply the resin :)

also, does resining the inside help alot? im going to do it anyways, just curious. does it do anything else besides seel any leaks? do you use mat, or just resin the wood?

It water proofs, Resin inside is used to seal and smooth airflow. Turn and run very fast from anyone who proclaims it's strength adding capabilities. If you want strength add mat and or cloth , then apply the resin :)

Ramos beat me too it, some people like to use kitty hair. Just make sure that box/wall is bolted safely down.

I'd love to see the first time he drives that thing, hits the brakes and his wall slides up and hits his seat, haha

i dont understand your posts dude....do you honestly think im just going to set the box in the car and call it done? if you do, go back and re read...i dont believe i EVER said that...

its going to have holes under the seats, last time i checked, when the seats are in, you cant see holes under the seats.

thanks for playing!

Edited by pimpedout97x

As I recall in the thread that got deleted, you said you wouldn't be making any screw holes. What am I supposed to learn from re-reading that you didn't even state in the first place? Good luck, poncho.

actually, i stated no holes in the TRIM or HEADLINER.....

never said i wasent going to bolt huge lag bolts through the floor, which im going to do....the wall in my truck had ilke 10+ huge thick bolts just to the floor, and it took 3 grown men and some huge sledge hammers and a whole day to get it out. it didnt BUDGE...

ive got it covered man, id appreciate it if you stop throwing wood on the fire and creating arguments. if you dont like the build, dont come in this thread mr 25 posts.

Edited by pimpedout97x

25 posts doesn't mean I don't know about car audio, it just means I'm new to this forum. I'm real proud of you for needing 3 grown men and a sledgehammer to take a wall out. Though I'm slightly curious why you decided to take it out of the bigger vehicle then put a new one in a smaller car. Not my problem though. You'll learn how much better a wall works if you seal the whole thing nice and tight. After all, why else would you build a wall?

These questions are not meant to be answered, by the way. Just posting my 2 cents. If you don't like it, ignore it. As the teachers told me in 2nd grade.

25 posts doesn't mean I don't know about car audio, it just means I'm new to this forum. I'm real proud of you for needing 3 grown men and a sledgehammer to take a wall out. Though I'm slightly curious why you decided to take it out of the bigger vehicle then put a new one in a smaller car. Not my problem though. You'll learn how much better a wall works if you seal the whole thing nice and tight. After all, why else would you build a wall?

These questions are not meant to be answered, by the way. Just posting my 2 cents. If you don't like it, ignore it. As the teachers told me in 2nd grade.

never said you didnt know anything. you come out of no where an attack my build, when it states that im not finished. i havent even put it in the car yet, how do you know what its going to end up like?

my wall was taken out to put airbags and make it lay frame, it will be rebuilt. i didnt finish the last wall, plans where to completely seal it, but i removed it for airbags before that happened. next one will be sealed.

the wall in the mini will have a front "beauty panel" and itll come all the way to the side panelsand curve with the panels, so its not going to be 100% sealed, but i dont need it to be in this car. its just a loud daily driver. i dont want to put glass or that expanding foam on the trim and mess it up. like i said, you will see when its done.

STOP

dude, i never started...i made this thread planning for no one to argue, yet yall started it up. if u dont like it, just dont stir things up, its that simple.

a slammed mini?! guess to each their own. Good luck with the build.......PICS?!!!!!

yeah, lay frame/bagged=slammed......unless my understanding is wrong. Not flaming you, just a comment. Good luck with the build.

yeah, lay frame/bagged=slammed......unless my understanding is wrong. Not flaming you, just a comment. Good luck with the build.

No, the mini is not being slammed.

If you read a little closer he stated that the wall in the Explorer was taken out so he could bag it, NOT the mini.

Just keep this civil. :)

Sorry :( , a little intoxicated this evening...lol

made my little enclosure thing for the mids/highs.

DSCF1957.jpg

DSCF1958.jpg

yes i know the bottom is warped.

DSCF1961.jpg

DSCF1960.jpg

DSCF1963.jpg

DSCF1962.jpg

it also serves as bracing for the 2 sides, it really strengthened them up.

Curious to know how you decided on the volume of the "little enclosure" for your mids and highs.

dont start, lmao

they dont have any midbass and im not getting into technical airspace for the mids, theyll play just fine, like everyone else that has pro audio mids and just makes an enclosure for them, and theyre just fine. not for you, but for me.

the top part will be glassed with the mids/highs angled down at me at like a 22.5 degree angle.

the front baffle is 20.5" tall, and the overall diameter of the MT is 18.5" lol. ill have like 1" on top and bottom haha

miniwallsketchup2d1.png

miniwallsketchup2d2.png