pimpedout97x

MINI Cooper Wall Worklog

theyll play just fine, like everyone else that has pro audio mids and just makes an enclosure for them,

I'm :lol: 'ing at everyone else.

these guys mention it because bass isn't everything they care about ;)

well you guys should be happy. i found about 14+ mounting points for the wall. ill post pics in a while, im working on it, removing seatbelt mounts in the rear, etc....those are just 2 of the mounting points i will be using. there's 2 really good ones behind the wall...i feel alot better now that i found all these mounting points, the wall will be very secure.

well i made some mounting points for the wall. its ugly, but its the only way i could get the bolts in there. it will be covered though, so it doesnt matter lol

DSCF1967.jpg

DSCF1968.jpg

theres no bolts or mounting points at all up front (right behind the front seats)...only way i can get some bolts here would be to weld them to the floor...should i do that? is the gas tank right under that?

DSCF1969.jpg

the wall WILL be in, and bolted down tomorow!

heres what i got done today. its very sturdy, and i dont think its going anywhere. ill also have 4 huge bolts attached from the little rear seat latch things (that hold the vertical part of the seat in the upright position) to the back of the box, so those 4 bolts should keep the box from ever projecting forward in an accident, or at least help it alot from not just flying on me.

bolted into the fuel pump area, and no, i didnt hit ANYTHING. lol

that bolt barely touches that wire loom, so its not harming a thing.

DSCF1972.jpg

DSCF1971.jpg

the floor the box will be bolted and glued to.

DSCF1973.jpg

DSCF1977.jpg

top of box is on.

DSCF1974.jpg

DSCF1975.jpg

the bottom

DSCF1978.jpg

the 3 little cutouts on the bottom are for the bolts to tuck in, so the box sits flat.

DSCF1979.jpg

the top and bottom side overhangs is so the 2nd side baffles go in there...gotta cut those tomorow.

DSCF1980.jpg

Guest zedman

I have to ask you......Why are you asking opinions on this board if when you get them you shoot them down or discount what they are ALL saying? I am sure you are capable of installing this system but you seem to want help but not willing to listen to it when its given. I quite honestly wonder if anyone else is even reading this topic anymore because of your responses. Have an awesome time and I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

lol idk

the last couple posts are just pics anyways, im not asking for help...just pics..lol

if yall dont care, ill just stop updating, doesnt mean anything to me,.

Guest zedman
theres no bolts or mounting points at all up front (right behind the front seats)...only way i can get some bolts here would be to weld them to the floor...should i do that? is the gas tank right under that?

This is in one of the last two posts and you are asking for a response and you did exactly what I said you were doing. Why not shut up and listen. You do not have to do what is recommended but if you ask for help and someone gives it to you YOU should at least say thank you. I will not comment again on this I just thought someone should tell you how rude you are being towards the very people who are willing to help you for free.

ah, what the hell, ill post pics. lol

wall is in!

DSCF1985.jpg

DSCF1986.jpg

DSCF1987.jpg

DSCF1988.jpg

excuse for me to suede the headliner lol

DSCF1991.jpg

had a little mishap, dont flame, and it didnt fit in the very back, becuase im a noob, and didnt realize how far it would come back, and that the headliner dipped down in the back. oh well, easy fix, ill just put a 45 degree piece of 3/4" inside the box, seal it off, good as new.

DSCF1989.jpg

DSCF1983.jpg

DSCF1984.jpg

DSCF1982.jpg

naw im not gonna update this anymore, if anyone wants to see the pics, check ca.com or ROE

fucking liar

I'm not really into the SPL machines, so I'm not going to pick your work apart. My only concern is that you're doing this to a MINI. I love those cars, but if I had one, it would be getting raced on the track, not in SPL contests. Nice looking car. Have you done anything to the engine? JCW stuff?

I'm not really into the SPL machines, so I'm not going to pick your work apart. My only concern is that you're doing this to a MINI. I love those cars, but if I had one, it would be getting raced on the track, not in SPL contests. Nice looking car. Have you done anything to the engine? JCW stuff?

nothing to the engine yet, its a stock S with the JCW package.

neon----how would you like me to build it? thow the hell would u build it inside the car...theres no room, you wouldnt be able to screw pieces together. if i recall, a wall IS a box....any sub enclosure is a BOX...

A wall seals off the cabin to reduce the area being pressurized.

That? Does not.

neon----how would you like me to build it? thow the hell would u build it inside the car...theres no room, you wouldnt be able to screw pieces together. if i recall, a wall IS a box....any sub enclosure is a BOX...

*cough cough* sounds like that's about the extent of what you're doing to me.....

I will wait to see, but do agree atm it is a box and not a wall. How much airspace do you have in that VJ?

wtf, EVERY wall is techincallly "a big box"

honestly, do you guys read? i said im making front and rear trim panels, so all those gaps will be sealed off. not 100% (im going to get it as close to the sides and headliner as physically possible) but im not going to ruin side panels and my headliner (sueding it) by using that foam chit, etc, to seal it 100%, when that VERY SMALL gap isnt going to make a difference for a daily setup...

M5 (i dont even know your real name lol) im gonna re measure the inside dimensions, and see what im reallly working with, but before i made that cut on the top to make the box fit in, i was around 11 cubes gross. minus sub/port (still need a port design lol)

anyone wanna design me a port?