Sign in to follow this  
AlpineAndy

Sundown Showing Off Again

Well at the last comp. at Sound Check we decided to through all of my equipment in my buddy Coopers explorer because I have a little Pontiac Grand AM. Before we took everything out of his explorer we had got it to a 150.6 @ 35hz with 3 sundown SAZ-1500d's and 3 15" mojos. Well it was my turn to compete so we pute 1 12" SI Mag in my car with 1 sundown 1500d and went to the comp at Buds to see what I could do.

I was in class 1B which is 1-160 sq in of cone area and 501 watts and up.

I took first place with a 144.7 (which was really funny cause the JL rep. was calling my amp a mut and I was the second loudest car at the comp next to a van with a wall of 6 15's and 6 1200 watt amps.)

I also finished second in outlaw with a 153.5 (mic was in the trunk, not in the port)

By the time I left everybody there was wanting to know where they could get one of these "mut" amps. lol

There is an other comp. today at Audio+ in Terra Haute so I am going to go see how I can do there.

Sundown FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, you should have slaped that "rep." with a 1500D.

Nice to see that Andy..

Cooper doesn't still have THE 4 Mojo's in his Explorer? & is he buying THE 2 other ones?

Wish I could roll down w/you guys.. SoundCheck FTW.

Nice to see that Andy..

Cooper doesn't still have THE 4 Mojo's in his Explorer? & is he buying THE 2 other ones?

Yea he bought the 2 off of me and he as 2 of Chad's in there now on a Memphis 4kw, but once he gets some money he is going to get 4 sundown 3000d's

You should go to world finals with us in Indy.

we have 4 sundown 3000d's in the rex now, didn't know if you knew that yet or not.

Nice to see that Andy..

Yea he bought the 2 off of me and he as 2 of Chad's in there now on a Memphis 4kw, but once he gets some money he is going to get 4 sundown 3000d's

we have 4 sundown 3000d's in the rex now, didn't know if you knew that yet or not.

I am going to finals in Indy.. w/you guys. :)

Well, probably w/Hank.. but you know.. we'll see you there.

I was @ SoundCheck a week or 2 ago when we did THE charity thing that got rained out..

& I was bullchittin' around w/RP, helpin' him set chit up in THE Rex.. those 3000's = BEAST.

They definitely didn't like being strapped @ .7 though..

Edited by J31Rob

Nice to see that Andy..

I am going to finals in Indy.. w/you guys. :)

Sweet!!!!!!!!! :)

Ferrrr sheerrrr..

Can't wait.. what weekend is it again?

Shame on you Aaron for suggesting that.....

I wouldn't want to hurt my sundown that way LOL

Shame on you Aaron for suggesting that.....

I wouldn't want to hurt my sundown that way LOL

I woulda love to have seen that though.. fing05.gif

haha i would have dont it. i bet the amp would have taken it better then the rep lol.

that guy does not know his chit then lol. jl ftl, hate their products, overpriced garbage. if i wanted to pay for a name and nothing else, i would rather go jensen.

Well I went to the comp. at Audio+ and had the same results. Out of about twenty five cars I was the second loudest. I got first in class 1 ; max of 4) 8's, 3) 10's, 2) 12's, and 1) 15".

I also got 2nd in out law with a 172.0 in the port.

So long story short I had a good weekend and introduced lots of people to some bad ass stereo equipment.

Sundown FTW again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlpineAndy,

I live outside of Danville. Would it be possible sometime to listen to your amps? Am in Florida right now for work. I got my sub already (TC3000 15"dvc) And am looking at Audiopulse (TC Sounds) components or Hybrid Audio components (which I am going to listen to when I swing by Hybrid Audio on the way home). I have been salivating over the SAZ1500D since I discovered Sundown. Aside from good sound my only other goal is to hit above 140. I have a dream!

Thanks!

Cub

AlpineAndy,

I live outside of Danville. Would it be possible sometime to listen to your amps? Am in Florida right now for work. I got my sub already (TC3000 15"dvc) And am looking at Audiopulse (TC Sounds) components or Hybrid Audio components (which I am going to listen to when I swing by Hybrid Audio on the way home). I have been salivating over the SAZ1500D since I discovered Sundown. Aside from good sound my only other goal is to hit above 140. I have a dream!

Thanks!

Cub

Which Danville?

AlpineAndy,

Thanks!

Cub

If you are talking about Danville IL. then yes that would be no problem. I am there everyday cause I go to college at DACC so just send me a pm and we will set up a time to meet. I am not sure what I will have in there at the time that you hear it cause I am always trying new stuff, but it will deff. be sundown amps.

Andrew

Yeah I meant Danville Il. I appreciate you being wiiling to audition the amp. Its hard to find good equipment anymore. And the good stuff I read about is harder to find locally to even listen to. I will get in touch when I am back in the state.

Are you still in FL and if so where? I am in the west palm area and have a full Sundown setup in my truck and was able to hit above 140 easily with some very sweet sounding SD1v2 10s.

Sorry was in Jacksonville until last night. Now I am outside Atlanta and am leaving for knoxville tomorrow. I do engineering work for a company that supplies steelmills. I most likely will be back in Illinois either late tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks for the offer though.

Sign in to follow this