meade916

Quad alts for my Tahoe! (almost 1300 amps)

With a setup like that you need some custom work done on the engine. ever thought of getting an electrical fan and maybe a PCM tune. Did it to my 4.8L Sierra, and I'm pulling about 310hp on that engine. A 5.3 will get you about 10-15 more hp than mine. For half of what you paid for the alt's, you can get another 20-30hp no joke. I'm not talking no hand held tuner crap, I'm talking 30hp at the wheels depending on how you want it tuned.

Anyway... Looks great!!!! 916 representing.....I live in 707 VACA. See you around.

im definitly interested in a few items to help horsepower......i mean it dont feel any different with 4 alts then it did with 2 but i could always use extra power. Electric fan is definitly in the question......watsup with this tune you speak of, i have the crap hypertech but i want the real deal. Can i use both? I AT LEAST need the hypertech to adjust the 26's to my speedo.....thats probably the best thing about it :D

I personally have a PCM tune from PCM4less.com. Bryan Herter is a great guy that can answer any questions you might have. I've heard great things about Jesse Bubb who owns Wait4meperformance.com. Some of the things they can do for you are listed.

-get your engine tuned for a particular octane 87, 89, 91 or a dual tune 87-89 or 89-91 (just means you can put any gas in that range to get things going). The higher the octane the more horses.

-eliminte some or all torque management. This helps with dead stop take-off.

-firmer shifts. This will actually help with the life of the tranny. The quicker it locks into a gear, the less time the tranny belt has to heat up (heat=quicker wear and tear)

You won't really feel this unless your on the gas a lot, so a smooth ride at cruising speeds is still obtainable.

- 20-30hp more at the wheels. Your hypertech only scrathes the surface of the potential of the truck.

- You can adjust for your 26" tires

This is not a handheld device. You can send you PCM to them or they may have a PCM in stock for your vehicle they can send you. That way, your not out of a truck for 5 or so days. My best advice is to call either one up and talk shop with them. Both great guys and you can't beat the rice for what you get. If you got any more questions PM me. Good Luck!!!

Edited by JazzScreamer

I'm not sure who if anyone does a PCM/ECM tune for FORD's. The tunes discussed earlier were stictly for GM vehicles. Sorry about that. I'll try to look into that for you. You may want to check a FORD forum and ask about a custom tune. Good Luck. :drink40:

With a setup like that you need some custom work done on the engine. ever thought of getting an electrical fan and maybe a PCM tune. Did it to my 4.8L Sierra, and I'm pulling about 310hp on that engine. A 5.3 will get you about 10-15 more hp than mine. For half of what you paid for the alt's, you can get another 20-30hp no joke. I'm not talking no hand held tuner crap, I'm talking 30hp at the wheels depending on how you want it tuned.

Anyway... Looks great!!!! 916 representing.....I live in 707 VACA. See you around.

im definitly interested in a few items to help horsepower......i mean it dont feel any different with 4 alts then it did with 2 but i could always use extra power. Electric fan is definitly in the question......watsup with this tune you speak of, i have the crap hypertech but i want the real deal. Can i use both? I AT LEAST need the hypertech to adjust the 26's to my speedo.....thats probably the best thing about it :D

I personally have a PCM tune from PCM4less.com. Bryan Herter is a great guy that can answer any questions you might have. I've heard great things about Jesse Bubb who owns Wait4meperformance.com. Some of the things they can do for you are listed.

-get your engine tuned for a particular octane 87, 89, 91 or a dual tune 87-89 or 89-91 (just means you can put any gas in that range to get things going). The higher the octane the more horses.

-firmer shifts. This will actually help with the life of the tranny. The quicker it locks into a gear, the less time the tranny belt has to heat up (heat=quicker wear and tear)

You won't really feel this unless your on the gas a lot, so a smooth ride at cruising speeds is still obtainable.

- 20-30hp more at the wheels. Your hypertech only scrathes the surface of the potential of the truck.

This is not a handheld device. You can send you PCM to them or they may have a PCM in stock for your vehicle they can send you. That way, your not out of a truck for 5 or so days. My best advice is to call either one up and talk shop with them. Both great guys and you can't beat the rice for what you get. If you got any more questions PM me. Good Luck!!!

I love to see 20-30rwhp... Just not gonna happen on a totally stock motor. Tuning a stock motor is like fixing something that is not broke. He dont have a diesel and hidden HP.

wat about this for my 1997 mercury mountaineer 5.0 L v8 302?

Waste of time bro.

I have a 302 Mustang, Ive seen tuning done on a dyno, and they gained maybe AT MOST 10rwhp.

I think the thousands of tunes that have been done by these manufactures will prove the gains. Maybe this is true in the Ford family, but I have personally seen these type of gains in bone stock vehicles. I'm not saying that Steve will get 30hp at the rear. I'm not sure what he's done to the vehicle. A good CAI and cat-back system will unleash more potential in the tuning process.

Edited by JazzScreamer

Herter did the PCM in my Impala too. He definitely knows his stuff.

I love to see 20-30rwhp... Just not gonna happen on a totally stock motor. Tuning a stock motor is like fixing something that is not broke. He dont have a diesel and hidden HP.

Waste of time bro.

I have a 302 Mustang, Ive seen tuning done on a dyno, and they gained maybe AT MOST 10rwhp.

I've seen Herter pull ~20hp out of a mostly stock vehicle on a dyno.

20hp peak is a bit different than 20hp across the power band. Hell I'd take 5hp across the band versus 20hp peak. Citing numbers doesn't mean a lot. The mod Fords actually have a lot left in them.

As for the alts, holy hell Steve. Even though it ain't my thing, big props mang!

I'm not sure who if anyone does a PCM/ECM tune for FORD's. The tunes discussed earlier were stictly for GM vehicles. Sorry about that. I'll try to look into that for you. You may want to check a FORD forum and ask about a custom tune. Good Luck. :drink40:

ok i will and thanks for your help. im really interested!

Steve...... yikes.

thanks guys :)

also thanks for the info on the tuning......right about now a brotha is just happy the motor is turning :D Its very stressfull but very satisfying to do a project like this. Its like whatever i do it is the difference between making it home and sitting on the side of the road. This is a TRUE daily driver so it has to be as reliable as stock......ive been checkin on it every day and been on and off the highway and bumper to bumper traffic.........so far so good!

Ok as requested here is a vid of the quads in motion :D

tonite of course the cleaner version will be in my Video section....U tube has to do since i dont know how to work my own site LOL

wow, just wow!!

1300amps? sweet fucking jesus, you are my hero!!!

have you done any measuring to see where your at at idle with those things? i'm just curious as teh shop i used to wrok at had bad luck with iraggi's.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Do they manufacture dual or tri alternator kits for almost any make or model? For example a 2005 dodge ram.

Try calling Domick, he owns Iraggi iirc.

Waste of time bro.

it is VERY possible to get 20-30 hp at the wheel im a ase certified tech that is certified by volkswagen i can vouch that chipping a gti with a revo chip will give you 20 hp at the wheel with no intake nno exhaust just the chip as far as GM is concerned i have seen a chipped impalla pull 13's in hawaii on a hot night.... i know gm detunes there engines for "fuel economy" and "emisions" you are completely wrong to say that he cant get that power from a good chip cuse he most definetely can.........

Waste of time bro.

it is VERY possible to get 20-30 hp at the wheel im a ase certified tech that is certified by volkswagen i can vouch that chipping a gti with a revo chip will give you 20 hp at the wheel with no intake nno exhaust just the chip as far as GM is concerned i have seen a chipped impalla pull 13's in hawaii on a hot night.... i know gm detunes there engines for "fuel economy" and "emisions" you are completely wrong to say that he cant get that power from a good chip cuse he most definetely can.........

I never said, they couldnt get hp. Im just sayin its not alot.

Maybe u need to learn how to read.

you obviously are the one who cant read as you specifically said its not gonna be 20 hp at the wheel im TELLING you it will be. With a good chip it IS gonna be 20 at the wheel i have seen it done with my own eyes.... you are not someone i would trust for that kind of information.....you really dont know what your talkin about as far as a chevy is concerned.... thare are programers out there that will easily put 20 at the wheel.....as i stated earlier chevy really detunes their cars to mee emisions....im done talkin bout this and your abviously not informed when it comes to this matter....if you were you wouldnt drive a FORD..ewwwwww

I want to weld with your Tahoe. Actually air arc with it. hehe Guess the next step past your quad alts is a PTO driven power source like we use for site welding in the field.