KickinAudio

$7,000 Speaker Cable

It seems crazy to sell them at those prices but if you can convince even a handful of people it's worth it with those types of margins, you've had a pretty decent year.

hmm, this thread reminds me of FABIO when he was on cribs or Chris Rock or some show and he has a 500k or some rediculus dollar amount home audio system, he turned it up and it wasnt even loud, hahaha

So yea some of the more fortunate people spend there money for the hell of it

I have always wanted to market some extravagent liquid or gass filled "wires" and make themout of glass with gold/platinum ends and since they were made of glass only made to order and not flexible.

Pluss I could always claim it's so much more "transparent".

It would be more breakable, Need to have accesories to use it i.e. things to hold it up off the ground to reach the speakers, It would be mega elite and made to order, and any time you move you would need new "cables".

I think it's just about the best way to over charge and maximise my earning potential due to nesicary repeate sales when someone changes one little thing.

Also I could use gaskets instead of making a seal with the glass to the posts so there is a change I would need to "recharge" the "cables" every year or so. And charge double for the set that is directly connected to protect against degridation.

It's about the only thing I can see thats better than that kryogenicaly frozen cable to allign the atoms.. or the over the phone room phase alignment.

=P

We all know some pure copper is better that other pure copper.....

There is a point of diminishing returns on some stuff.

BUT

If you have a quality pre-amp, amp and speakers. Not to mention playback components... Are you going to run out and buy Walmart speaker and RCA cables?

You'll hear the difference at that point. But for your average home theatre owner to go out and buy those and then claim he hears a difference on his $799 bookshelf system is simply a lie.

If you have a quality pre-amp, amp and speakers. Not to mention playback components... Are you going to run out and buy Walmart speaker and RCA cables?

Not that cheap, but would I spend more than $1 a foot for speaker wire? Are you f'n kidding me? Hell no I won't! Resistance, inductane and capacitance. All that matters, and resistance is pretty much the only one that matters at audio freqs.

Well Tara Labs don't think so.

Their most expensive cooper RCA is the "Zero" (as in zero noise).

If I am not mistaken, it is the most expensive RCA in the world: around $14900.00 (1 meter - 3.3 ft)

http://www.thecableco.com/product.php?id=414

And other than some pseudo-technical non-scientific based marketing mumbo-jumbo, they can't really explain why it's "worth" that much money, or even why it's really better, with actual measurements that matter in the freq region in question, than a basic set of RCAs that I can get from a company not nearly as self satisfied as Tara Labs for less than 0.5% of the price.

I was hoping Sir Lemon's was going to hook me up on some tara labs, but I just don't have the loot for anything of that caliber.

Some people do...

I don't care if they use cheap wire/cable; I hate it when they even suggest to use ugly brown lamp cord on $12K piano finish B&W's (example)

You'll hear the difference at that point. But for your average home theatre owner to go out and buy those and then claim he hears a difference on his $799 bookshelf system is simply a lie.

What do you consider "average"???

(and please don't say "home-theater-in-a-box"!)

Edited by oldschool4life

hmm, this thread reminds me of FABIO when he was on cribs or Chris Rock or some show and he has a 500k or some rediculus dollar amount home audio system, he turned it up and it wasnt even loud, hahaha

So yea some of the more fortunate people spend there money for the hell of it

I remember that except the not being loud part. It was on The Tom Green Show :)

I cant understand why people are so nuts to buy such expensive cables when the wires inside the speakers, connecting them to the terminals only cost $7 hehe

I cant understand why people are so nuts to buy such expensive cables when the wires inside the speakers, connecting them to the terminals only cost $7 hehe

Which is why solid silver Litz wiring is so popular for re-wiring speakers and components :)

Well to be honest, when I will get a new car, I plan to buy some really nice cables from one of them:

http://www.siltechcables.com/

http://www.crystalcable.com/index.php

Not necessarily the top of the range. I like browsing through forums (even non english ones - german, french, japanese).

They all say the same thing, those two brands of cables eats the competition for breakfast. :werd_msword:

Plan as to the use of cables:

P9 combo (therefore need only 1m or 3.3ft analog to amps)

highs: Picollo ($365) from Crystal Cable or SQ 28 Classic Mk2 ($400) from Siltech Cables

Mids: Picollo ($365) from Crystal Cable or SQ 28 Classic Mk2 ($400) from Siltech Cables

Lows: The integration ($300) from Van Den Hul (already have)

Subs: RSC Sub ($149 for 6.6ft) from Tara Labs (already have)

I know that when people are talking about cables, some agree, some disagree (similar to a capacitor thread).

The only thing I have to say is that it made a huge difference when I first plugged in the Tara Labs RSC Sub cable.

Bass was fuller, richer and I actually needed to reduce my gains (not by much but still needed some adjustement)

Just my 02 cents :seesaw:

How much of a voltage increase did you get at the amp input?

increase huh? lol

just for the record I used Knu conceptz lowest cable then stepped up to there next quality and I noticed no difference in sound, only a difference in build quality

I don't care if I was bill gates I would not pay that much for cable, DMR goes out the window at 1K lol

increase huh? lol

just for the record I used Knu conceptz lowest cable then stepped up to there next quality and I noticed no difference in sound, only a difference in build quality

I don't care if I was bill gates I would not pay that much for cable, DMR goes out the window at 1K lol

He said he had to reduce his gains, the only way that would be required is if the preout voltage changes :)

I am no expert.

All gains have been set by ear. No oscilloscope where I live (Tahiti, French Polynesia).

Maybe I should try to get one from the states :lol2:

Maybe that can't be a comparison, but the cables I was using for the subs at first was one of those no brand cables (black, similar to the $10 earphone cables).

Maybe an expert can explain, don't think my voltage went up, it wouldn't be possible (my guess) from switching RCAs.

Maybe resistance or something like that has to do with it.

This isn't a maybe. You've bought their BS hook line and sinker. You probably did see an increase of voltage at the amp, but then the RCAs you replaced were garbage. If you had compared the Tara labs cables to a set that were other than crap you would not have noticed a quantifiable difference. There is no measurable difference in any spec that will have an audible effect between a basic set of decent cables and the super high $ cables that Tara Labs is so proud to boast about. They can't explain in actual quantifiable terms why their cables are any better than rest. Nothing more than "because we said so." If that explanation is good enough for you then send my the money you were planning on spending on the "because we said so" cables and I'll send you cables that will be as good as any you can buy and tell you that they are superior so you can fee good about yourself.