Lord Baccus

my SQ boxx

I have 4 12s for SQ but no box....then again I want to change it now but not because it does not work well; it's just too dang heavy for my little car...and I can't beat it hard enough.

I laughed didn't you read my post, but the real funny part is that 6 weeks ago that would have been your definition.

im a DieHard SPL Freek...

but i do like to hear the words and the rest of the music... so you could consider me an SQXtream kind of guy...

Fart cannons and SQ have NO commonalities. SQXtream is a stupid description of what you like. You only want SPL and a front stage that plays loudly enough to hear words which has absolutely nothing to do with SQ. If your bass is exaggerated at all it isn't SQ and there aren't really compromises on the word, either you want it to blend or you don't. In your case you just want SPL from the subs and the front stage and nothing more.

^^^now hold on a min...

i like that sqxtream term...

i mean i like my subs loud yes..

but if u take my subs out my insides are still extra loud...i have like 5 pizo tweets, and 1 horn tweet...i had 2 but it blew or somethin still don't know, i think the tinsel burnt off...

Also i got door speakers and still need my 6x9's....door and 6x9 are for mids......mind u all is being ran off of an amp...

It's pretty deafning, but i think i have an acquired ear for it, lol...

dammit i want to sit in Mead's truck to see if i could handle it, lol

SQXTream, lol.. :wub:

Stupid though as it has nothing to do with sound quality at all. You are just forcing a definition on something to make yourself feel better, but in reality it is about as off base as it can be as it isn't even close. It would be similar to me saying my car is SPLextream but I don't have any subs. Effin' dumb.

I laughed didn't you read my post, but the real funny part is that 6 weeks ago that would have been your definition.

but i do like to hear the words and the rest of the music... so you could consider me an SQXtream kind of guy...

Fart cannons and SQ have NO commonalities. SQXtream is a stupid description of what you like. You only want SPL and a front stage that plays loudly enough to hear words which has absolutely nothing to do with SQ. If your bass is exaggerated at all it isn't SQ and there aren't really compromises on the word, either you want it to blend or you don't. In your case you just want SPL from the subs and the front stage and nothing more.

a few years ago, that was my exact description of sq, being able to hear the words over the loudest bass i can get. however, ///M5 is right, that's nowhere near sq, and the term SQXtream, to me would apply to someone like richard clarke, not steve meade (no offense intended steve).

no, it's far to easy to make the fronts kept up with the bass and it still not sound good. the current rage from up by chicago is using little pa horns in the back to blast the highs to the front. yep, they are amped. yep, they sound like ass. yep, they keep up with the biggest of systems.

again, ///M5 nailed this one.SQXtream isn't anything any basshead will achieve until they can blend a 150db sub system with their front stage and not be able to pinpoint the subs and have the staging correct. someone achieves that, they can use SQXtreme.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

A front stage that can produce 150 db at 20 kHz!!!!! I don't think I want to be around to hear that. :wacko:

A front stage that can produce 150 db at 20 kHz!!!!! I don't think I want to be around to hear that. :wacko:

Exactly, well at least you wouldn't be able to hear it for long.

Exactly, well at least you wouldn't be able to hear it for long.

lol, that's not what i was meaning. let me clarify....

when someone can blend a substage that's capable of 150db, without pinpointing where the subs are and the staging is correct, with a front stage that can keep up, then that would be SQXtream.

and i don't think the front stage would have to do 150db to keep up. i'll wager my front stage currently is nowhere near the 134db or so the sub stage can do legal on the dash. and it overpowers the sub, IMO.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

aww u deleted my post? :squintfinger:

??? huh????

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

when someone can blend a substage that's capable of 150db, without pinpointing where the subs are and the staging is correct, with a front stage that can keep up, then that would be SQXtream.

From the way you've described it, it's just plain SQ.

The assumption that SQ can't be loud is totally wrong. I don't know where people get that idea from, maybe the basshead crowd hears us listening to something other than rap and assumes SQ is for the dainty and weak :D

If I want to reproduce what the London Symphony Orchestra sounds like at fortissimo, that sure isn't going to be very quiet :)

i posted somethin came back and it was gone....

I guess some people cant take a joke jeez :throwrock:

??? huh????

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

From the way you've described it, it's just plain SQ.

The assumption that SQ can't be loud is totally wrong. I don't know where people get that idea from, maybe the basshead crowd hears us listening to something other than rap and assumes SQ is for the dainty and weak :D

If I want to reproduce what the London Symphony Orchestra sounds like at fortissimo, that sure isn't going to be very quiet :)

Nor very easy with sometimes near 80dB of dynamic range. Would sound like complete hell on a non-SQ system

Dynamic range, yes that sure can show the weakness in your system when you plug that kind of music in.

Bro it is clear you have a set defination of SQ

I have a FART cannon i.e.

2509521310081357071nsOhlr_fs.jpg

P1010411.jpg

notice the 2x 6" Areoports tuned to 54Hz ( FART )for COMPETITION

i also have a street boxx ported @ 36Hz i.e ( SQX )

2-ss15.jpg

that did 152.db yesterday @ Hertz Wars in Arlingto Tx

i have Never said anything was STUPID about Sq..

i took your addvice about getting the Alpine 9887, and i try to incorperate as much SQ components as i can into my SQX Explorer

i am not strongarming anyone into SPL

i use a PPi Pc 4800 for my mids & Highs. to push Soundstream SSt 6.5 front doors & SSt 6.9 rear as i got them through sponsor

i have great imaging when i turn the sub down to blend.... i just choose not to as i like the Bass as i am a Bass Guitar player...

Bro it seems that you have a srtong oppinion about SQ and what it should be...

not everyone shares you taste for suttle music.

if i prefer to be able to dround out the assclown next to me or from 4 blocks away it is what I like...

im sure if you lived in Dallas we could get together and you could teach me alot about refining my sound !

im trying to say you come off as SMUGG sometimes...

you catch more flys with sugar than vinigar

i dont think you would like me bashing SQ the way you do SPL

try a softer approch, youll win more people over ! its clear you have great skill @ what you do (SQ )

Edited by Lord Baccus

What's the dimensions on that "SQ" /"Street Beat" box? It looks like a beast!

What's the dimensions on that "SQ" /"Street Beat" box? It looks like a beast!

7cf after displacement @ 36Hz if you want i can get the dimentions for ya :)

You have a fart cannon which is obvious from the pictures. Stop claiming differently.

SQ is easy to define, reproducing the music as it was recorded. This isn't my definition, but a real one. I am not bashing SPL at all, I don't care what you have but you have no business defining what you have with the letters SQ in it at all. Your definition is jacked and if you continue to try and push it that way on this site, you will be warned.

Oh, I play the bass as well...and the guitar and the piano. I still like my music to be reproduced as close to the recording mix as possible with adjustments of course for poor studio work. To top it off I have a little experience with the terminology SQ as I have been measuring acoustics and vibration for a living for more than the past 10 years, this includes doing a lot of Sound Quality measurements as well as jury testing. Perhaps PhD acousticians don't know chit though and you know better either way your falsifying of a definition here I won't allow.

I'm SQ on a budget, but it seems that the issue is always that with a good sounding system when you push for big volume the sound changes. Even if you fix that then another variation comes up. I can never keep soft to loud the same, or what I think is the same, always have to dial the subs up/down or tweak something. And I stay away from ear-splitting loud.

You have a fart cannon which is obvious from the pictures. Stop claiming differently.

SQ is easy to define, reproducing the music as it was recorded. This isn't my definition, but a real one. I am not bashing SPL at all, I don't care what you have but you have no business defining what you have with the letters SQ in it at all. Your definition is jacked and if you continue to try and push it that way on this site, you will be warned.

Oh, I play the bass as well...and the guitar and the piano. I still like my music to be reproduced as close to the recording mix as possible with adjustments of course for poor studio work. To top it off I have a little experience with the terminology SQ as I have been measuring acoustics and vibration for a living for more than the past 10 years, this includes doing a lot of Sound Quality measurements as well as jury testing. Perhaps PhD acousticians don't know chit though and you know better either way your falsifying of a definition here I won't allow.

ok obviouslly constructive criticism you can not take ?

my bad...

all im trying to say is you come off a lil heavey handed when you give an oppinion.

Warned ? everyone elsy seems to have figured out i was joking... oh well

are you suggesting that my system has no redeeming qualities?

ok what do you suggest ?

you see my equipment list, in my signature.

should i scrapp it all

ok obviouslly constructive criticism you can not take ?

my bad...

all im trying to say is you come off a lil heavey handed when you give an oppinion.

Warned ? everyone elsy seems to have figured out i was joking... oh well

are you suggesting that my system has no redeeming qualities?

ok what do you suggest ?

you see my equipment list, in my signature.

should i scrapp it all

you seem to be the only one that can not handle his opinions

its easyer to understand him when he is calm.

and not calling my ideas stupid.

i respect him or i would not have taknen his addvice for the Hu.

i wish i knew 1/10th of what he knows :)

i have a hard time excepting that there is NO compremise between SQ & SPL

sorry if i offended

i switch boxxs for dailly & competition...

i have planed on building an X1 enclosure for Sq - 1 - 15"

x1_1.jpg

and help is welcome...

thats why i buy Sq stuff and try to make it sound 1/2@ss decent when im not competing

Edited by Lord Baccus

SQ isn't made of stuff but installation savy, you can have $3 amps and $2 speakers and still have a hell of an SQ system. Having expensive gear and setting it up for SPL will NOT make an SQ system. And yes, there is no compromise as they are opposites by definition.

SQ - perfect reproduction of the actual recording (aka no peaks)

SPL - loud as possible (aka as peaky as possible)

I never said you can't have a Loud SQ system, but by definition if you want one of the two you can't have the other.

There is one other major, major difference. SPL typically refers to subwoofers only while SQ is a whole system. You can't have SQ with just subs, but you could surely have SQ without subs.

***As for the warning, I won't tolerate misinformation to develop on this site. You can have your beliefs and desires but if you mislead others you will be warned.