theabunai

Alpine 9887 vs Pioneer 980BT

Looking at a 100.4 sundown

going active up front...

6-1/2" midbass and 1" tweet in the doors...

Deciding which of the 2 units will give me better control with going active...

And also which of the two is just "better" overall...

though i feel it's not really important mentioning but the subs is powered by a saz3000D on 2 BL 12"

I also have a 300amp iraggi alt and a yellowtop upfront and a kinetik hc24000 in the rear...

Anyone have experience with these HU's let me know please...

At the same price? If so, grab the 9887 unless you have a strange particular processing need we don't know about. Any particular feature difference you are wondering about?

yes i cna get the 980bt at cost + 5%

and the 9887 at cost + 20%

No strange processing needed...

Actually the only thing i like on the 980 is the built in blue tooth lol...

both have the main features i need.

EQ, 24 Bit DAC burr brown and atleast 4 volt pre-out....

Which would you go for sean

Edited by theabunai

I have the 980BT. The bluetooth is the best feature, it makes phone calls so much easier and it works excellent. I'm a Pioneer fanboy though, I have no experience with that Alpine model.

Brain fart, I completely didn't read the 980bt right. That deck is useless for active purposes, I thought you were looking at an older Pio that actually had crossovers which brought up the same price question as a deck that was used worth around $150 and the 9887 at the same price, the Alpine wins as a no brainer just since it is new. In your case though for your purpose you can't buy the 980bt as it will do you no good. 9887 wins then.

Ah thank you

Just realized i can get the Eclipse cd7100 cost as well....

how about the 9887 vs the eclipse cd7100

What older pioneer would be comparable ??

Edited by theabunai

heh, you just compared a high end Eclipse to an Alpine.

I like Alpine. A lot. But I'll take that Eclipse anyday.

If you are comparing the 9887, 7100, you really should throw in the Pio 880prs. I'd take the Pio then, but otherwise either the Alpine or Eclipse will be fine.

I imagine you are looking at the ipod interface as well? Try to tget to a best buy and hook an ipod up to mess with each unit if you havn't already. I forget how the Pioneer was, but I did not like how the Alpine did not display several lines of text so it made scrolling through music harder. Just some food for thought

Alpine does have a neat percentage search function to get through huge libraries fast.

Edited by dropkick13

The alpine does display multiple lines of display, you must have been looking at a 9883 or lower model because they have the cheaper display and i think they only display 1 line at a time when scrolling through songs... My 9885 shows like 3 artists at a time i think...

i know this is a dead thread but i was interested in what unit u ended up going with.