Sign in to follow this  
SeductiveSounds

15 BL vs 15 BTL

I have ~2800-3000watts for a pair of subs

I wan to get loud, but be some what clean at the same time

Which sub would I be better off using with the power I have?

15 BL or 15 BTL

I have ~8-10ft^3 to play with

I'de say 2 Bls with that power.

What amp are you going to run??

might as well get the btl's imo

price range?

I second the BTLs (dual mags) 1500 wats each will really get those things moving plus if you ever want to upgrade you can just get another amp and not have to worry about your subs, or box. IMO Personally I have a dual mag btl15 and it's impressing the chit out of everyone w only 1500 watts and whats cool is if I want to put 3k on it all I have to do is add the power not rip apart box buy a diff woofer etc. etc.

YOU WILL NEVER POWER 2 15 INCH BTL"S ON 3000 WATTS.....

yes i know its capped... i was yelling.

Edited by bigjon

ok ok .... not NEVER>.. but you will never power them right... . its like putting regular in your sports car... you can do it... but i mean.. expect not to run the same as if you put in super....

you can power them you will prolly clip that amp untill you blow something...

if i were to get two btls.. i would get 2 sundown saz 3000d's and do tha damn thing.

o yeah.. if you have 3000 watts get the bls' with a big ass tuned box and you will be happy....

what kinda of car u got?

03 Nissan Sentra SpecV

The subs are goin in the trunk.

Just not sure it i am going to fire them into the car through the back seat or into the trunk

03 Nissan Sentra SpecV

The subs are goin in the trunk.

Just not sure it i am going to fire them into the car through the back seat or into the trunk

my port and subs fire to the rear of the car.... its good to me!.... i have tryed it allways before.. to the rear is allways better to me

So the general concensis is the 15BL over the 15BTL

Question though, is 1400-1500watts per sub going to be alright?

I've never run this much power to a single sub. I mean they're only rated at 1000rms

I'm thinking a nice low tune, somewhere around 32

Hopefully it bump really well, and have some nice spl

I wish I could hear the subs, I'm always leary when buying stuff off the net

if you dont have an o-scope, go to a shop and ask if they do. If they do, then go ahead and get that amp power and have them set the amps up for you for a fee, should be under $100 even if you let them run all wires.

MAKE SURE OF THIS- if you let a shop do it, request that you know what the maximum clean volume number is on the stereo so you do not exceed it.

And do not change the bass\treble settings either. Increasing them after tuned will make it necessary to decrease the volume.

Decreasing bass and treble does not necessarily mean your max volume can then be raised higher. Remember that.

The the more you over power subs, the cleaner the signal must be.

I've been doing installs for like 14 years now almost 15

Mostly in big box stores and nothing crazy off the hook stuff

I have a very old o-scope, and it works great

Everything is run in the car, this year the trunk is getting redone and well i want to do new subs

that doesnt matter, that's not enough experience, what i... hehe, just messin with ya.

Well thats great, the bls definitely. they'd be a lot closer to xmax then the btls, more potential for loud...

I just want a loud daily drive / ground pounder

I might hit up a couple comps, but mostly its a daily driver.

I really want to be louder this year than what it is currently

I like to have the potential to get loud (but a guarentee is better)

ok ok .... not NEVER>.. but you will never power them right... . its like putting regular in your sports car... you can do it... but i mean.. expect not to run the same as if you put in super....

you can power them you will probably clip that amp untill you blow something...

if i were to get two btls.. i would get 2 sundown saz 3000d's and do THE damn thing.

o yeah.. if you have 3000 watts get the bls' with a big ass tuned box and you will be happy....

what kinda of car u got?

LOL Horrible analogy unfortunately, regular provides more btu's -> Translates more horsepower per liter then high test.... Nice try though.

I would say go with the BL's as the BTL will require a far larger amount of power to perform like they should, so why waste money on under-powering the larger subwoofers when you can use that money to improve other areas of your system.

Just my .02

Chris McDonald

Oh and fully loaded means what exactly?

Cooling

Flatwind

Anything else?

Do I need the extreme lead or are they going to slap and wear the cone and spider?

you can power them you will prolly clip that amp untill you blow something...

if i were to get two btls.. i would get 2 sundown saz 3000d's and do tha damn thing.

what kinda of car u got?

LOL Horrible analogy unfortunately, regular provides more btu's -> Translates more horsepower per liter then high test.... Nice try though.

I would say go with the BL's as the BTL will require a far larger amount of power to perform like they should, so why waste money on under-powering the larger subwoofers when you can use that money to improve other areas of your system.

Just my .02

Chris McDonald

nah it was not that bad... you got my point.

I have run a pair of MT's on less than 1800 watts and they sounded great. I have run (4) BTL's on a single 40.1, sounded awesome.

Nothing wrong with only running 1200-1400 watts to the BTL if you can afford the extra $$$ for the subs.

Awesome sounding sub, and will get even louder when you decide it is time to buy more power ;)

Brian

If i go with the BTL should I do the 3rd mag and the hixmax coil? even if i dont have the power yet?

U can run and get full potential out of a sub underpowered if the box is larger than recommended. It will increase it's efficiency but lower power handling mechanically.

I know this might sound a little odd/silly

I'm thinking 3-4ft^3 tuned around 32-35Hz

How would fully loaded BTL's be vs say RE MT's

Just wondering

Sign in to follow this