Godsmack

Protein Shakes

Okay I got the GNC Mega Whey protein complex in Chocolate flavour.

The shit tastes fucking HORRIBLE...............how can ya make it a little easier to choke down?

J

Just power it down. Over time it will be no big deal. It is over quick and worth it.

mix it with low fat or even skim milk and im sure it will taste MUCH better, if it dosent take it back to GNC, thats what i did, and get you self some ON's gold stantard 100% whey. great stuff, i got a bit bigger and a bit stronger

it tastes real good 2

Edited by Bass4Life3000

GNC stuff sucks. Get Optimum Nutrition double rich chocolate. tastes better than all the other stuff out there.

I'll try the milk......................would Vitamin D milk be better as its not as "stripped" of nutrients?

And BTW do the protein shakers do good with mixing up the mix and milk when peanut butter is added or in that case is it more a duty for a blender?

Thanks for the in put guys

I second the Gold Standard stuff. That's the best I've had so far except for Syntha6 (which doesn't have a ton of protein in it).

Also, Smoothies ftw. Mix fruit in like Steve suggested. mmmmmm

yeah, i mix anything from fruits to honey and oatmeal in mine.....and then i have some capsule vitamins & minerals that i take apart and pour in there sometimes too....

All right cool.

Thanks for thew tips guys

Banana Creme FTMFW!

I would switch brands, but the best mixing product I have ever used is soy slender. It can make any crap shake taste great and has a few flavors.

At some point though I said, it costs to much to try to fix it. Drink it and deal, or find a brand that tasts good even if it's a few bucks more. I keep both on hand in case one day I need to wuss out and have a tastey shake lol.

Milk made it ALOT better................powering it down helped too

J

Going to have to try milk with the protein. I have ON Vanilla Ice Cream and the taste is no where near as good as my friends stuff (can't remember the name at the moment) though it is plenty easy to drink. Seems the less water I mix the better it taste and still mixes very well with little amounts of water

chase it with a beer.

yessir :rockwoot:

One more thing....Its something I believe with most all supplements, especially protein; its what works for you. Everyone could post all day what makes things taste better, go down smoother, but the fact is, its gonna take some experimenting with different brands to see what you like best..........thats just my two sense, considering it took me almost 2 years to find a protein that i actually ENJOY drinking 3-4 times a day....

ive found one i enjoy and have tried a few others people recommend and i do not like them, it is all in what you get used to. I personally will do not do the "designer" ways of taking whey like mixing them into foods\baking\cooking with mixing it with yogart or anything else that makes it so i cannot drink my shake in about 5 seconds. I put just enough water in to mix and down it as fast as i can, i even do enjoy the taste of it, but im not taking it because i think it tastes good.

ive found one i enjoy and have tried a few others people recommend and i do not like them, it is all in what you get used to. I personally will do not do the "designer" ways of taking whey like mixing them into foods\baking\cooking with mixing it with yogart or anything else that makes it so i cannot drink my shake in about 5 seconds. I put just enough water in to mix and down it as fast as i can, i even do enjoy the taste of it, but im not taking it because i think it tastes good.

Imagine if you drank it just because it tastes good........hmmmm :neil:

The chit tastes pucking HORRIBLE...............how can ya make it a little easier to choke down?

J

What are all the rest of the ingredients? Where does the whey come from? How is it processed?

A lot of the commercially available whey protein is pre-digested in pig's bile. It is, essentially, garbage and is NO WAY even close to what it WAS (in form and vitality) when it was inside a cow's body (crappy feedlot cattle or otherwise).

The chit tastes pucking HORRIBLE...............how can ya make it a little easier to choke down?

J

What are all the rest of the ingredients? Where does the whey come from? How is it processed?

A lot of the commercially available whey protein is pre-digested in pig's bile. It is, essentially, garbage and is NO WAY even close to what it WAS (in form and vitality) when it was inside a cow's body (crappy feedlot cattle or otherwise).

Pre-digested in pig's bile..that's ph@king gross. That's gotta be somewhere between vomit and poo. Ewwwwwww!

Pre-digested in pig's bile..that's ph@king gross. That's gotta be somewhere between vomit and poo. Ewwwwwww!

Well, it's putrid. When you heat protein like whey which is very fragile, it goes bad fast. When it putrifies, it smells BAD! Why do you think these companies have to load down these products with so many flavorings and preservatives?

As a crude test, take some of your whey and mix it with milk or water and just let it sit on the counter for a few hours. If it doesn't stink like an airport bathroom, it's probably ok but may not be the best quality. If the stuff turns to concrete and you can stand a spoon up in it, imagine what it's doing inside your system.

IME, guys that over use garbage quality whey products have the most vile and rotten asses I've ever come across. All of it eaten in the name of "health" too. Sad.

Edited by FoxPro5