Sign in to follow this  
denalilvr

component speakers to keep up with

i need a couple sets of components to keep up with 4 15 fi Q's..my last set was jl xr series and i want to go with them again to go in a 2001 gmc denali..last time i did 2 sets and im wondering if they will keep up fine because i do know what the xr's can do but i have never heard 4 15' Q's?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/in...p;productId=307

"Keeping up" can be accomplished by $2 piezo horns.

So you'll just end up with a far more expensive way to...make noise :D

You really are going to have a hard time with the midbass more than anything. It will all come down to your definition of "keeping" up.

well i do want to hear the words at high volumes i dont just want the bass to over power it..

well i do want to hear the words at high volumes i dont just want the bass to over power it..

I have an easy solution!

turn the bass down. :neil:

I have an easy solution!

turn the bass down. :neil:

lol..yes thats one way..but thats not fun..lol

Just get whatever's cheaper for you.

Really, if you're not concerned about timbre and tonality, just get as many sets as you can make fit and it'll work for what you want.

might have to invest on going with custom door panels, multiple midbass drivers in each door.

I'm actually lookin into this as well...

Don't know if i'll do it but came across a guy that will fiberglass both of my doors for around $350 total.

Sounds cheap but he says he has lot's of experience with my car so gotta make a phone call.

if you guys were in my situation out of the component systems that SSA has which would you go with on a $1000 budget?

It really depends on what you mean by hear the words, if that is truly your only concern it really won't be all that hard. Do you have any processing available?

I wouldn't buy an epicenter but put your dough into an H701 instead. It will open a ton of "keep up" options.

That would be the one, and considering what you have selected for a headunit, that unit can be ran directly from it w/o having to buy a seperate controller. Do some reading on the specs of the H701, you'll see there is an abundant amount of options avaliable at your finger tips.

Edited by kandiman

Then you can use something more effective than components too :)

well my last didnt have one and to be honest considering the equipment i knew it could be better..and when i bought one it was like day and night..

ok but what exactly are you tryign to get out of it, its a line driver and a bass enhancer are you trying to get more out of your front stage using it?

yes while its a bass exhancer it can also allow me to lower the bass at certain levels without lowering the volume..

so buy adding that i wouldnt need a epicenter or xover of any kind?

No one ever "needs" an epicenter, but the H701 will take care of the crossover and a ton more eq than you currently have. It would allow you to run some seriously loud drivers that could 'keep up' with your subs and not force you to get ridiculous with tons of drivers and comp sets. A pair of horns and some pro audio 8-10" mids and you will have no issues hearing the words, and will gain a much nicer response and a heck of a lot more control all at the same time. The disadvantage is with all of the flexibility it becomes more complex, but considering your goals the benefits outweigh that.

Question... budget? Without a ballpark number, we don't know what to advise\recommend you to use.

He did say $1k and of course if we add the monies for the Epicenter, we now have $1200 for an H701 and some drivers??