jonbearsmt

donk forum??

Guest zedman

I must say it has been entertaining reading this thread. this is the very reason why I keep some things to my self. I am still very reluctant to put pictures of my chit up here and have people I do not know tear it down or demean what I have accomplished. I do enough of that myself I do not need others to do it for me. all I can say is in the end look at who the personal attacks and rude comments are coming from. Bigjon I am glad you are here and sharing your passion with me it is refreshing to see a new perspective on something I love. Freedom of expression. Have an awesome day. Z

I had subs in a car in the late 80s, it certainly was a new thing back then. But around here it was way cool and people were trying to steal anything they could. Luckily I didn't live or go into town that much where most of that went on. The funnest thing was when I had a omni with a sweet ported box that filled the whole rear end up. It hammered, just shook the whole car. I was working in town then for a subcontractor and would drive all over, people would freak out over subs. My nice car was broken or something so I drove that for a summer. I'd drive along in that little mundane tin can and nobody could figure out which car had the subs! Heads were spinning all over and I was ROTFLMFAO every day. Today I turn it down around other people, actually I only crank on it when I feel the need and I'm on an open road.

x2 on watching where you play your system loud at. I learned my lesson the hard way years ago when I was competing at local shows. Everyone knew my name and my car. Well after I put the rims on it, I had it maybe a month with the new subs in there and it was gone, everything. Just like that. Didn't see a dime of it because my dumb ass didn't want to pay 200 smacks a monty because of my record. So kept it under a 100 smacks a month just for liabilty and wish I would have paid the extra 100 to fully cover me. :(

I seldom play my system, if I do I have my windows up when it is full tilt or on the open road. I am buying sound deadener for a reason beyond trying to quiet it down inside. Want it as quite as possible.

To the OP, not gonna hate on your ride, but IMO it looked 100% better lowered. I was like dam, that is a nice Lincoln. I will now shut up and tell you do your thing as it is your car and have fun with it. Just not something I would do now or when I was young. Hell I was always the one laughing at the kids that had their tires/rims 10ft outside the wheel well. You seen where that fade went.

all I can say is in the end look at who the personal attacks and rude comments are coming from.

Curious at what you mean by that?

your right ray i see to have ruffeled the feathers of many SSAERS lol

i have already done the lift,,, i used larger springs, and somthing simaler to lift cups, on 2 inch cups, before i ever lifted it i got LARGER PORTED AND SLOTTED rotors ALL THE WAY AROUND....

so yeah i hear what your saying... am i doing it right.. or an i doing some ghetto chit...

i try to do everything i do the right way...

and acctualy this topic has had me thinking alot the past few days...... i read alot of on the other donk fourm and thay are all clowns.... no one has taken the steps i have... and i dont even have huge rims yet... either way.. i have been thinking to do 22 inch spokes.... not 24... and make up for the size with jazz!!!... im thinking 22 inch spoked.. with a white wall tire........ what does ssa think?

I'm glad to hear you're doing it properly, and the 22's will be far better than the 24s. :)

Still not so sure about the white wall though :P

Guest zedman
all I can say is in the end look at who the personal attacks and rude comments are coming from.

Curious at what you mean by that?

You can't expect a dog not to bark after all he is a dog.

well thanks for the kind words..... and the reson why i post here and talk to you guys is just as i said before.. i cant talk to very many people here in my town........ so i feel comfortable here with you guys..... you can E robb me... and everyone here has there own style.. so no one wants to be like me... i feel like im with stranger friends.. does that pan out?

i wont hangout at the car wash.. i wont go to the local car shows, i wont even talk to these people in my town that think MA audio is better then anything else. small minded people...

i have lived all over the USA its funny when you get to see how people in diffrent localtions think and act diffrent ways.

i know that everyone wont like my car... to be honest i dont like alot of donks... but i like my lincoln.. and i like what i have done to it.. and its a work in progress... if you look at all my other lincolns i have posted i did them all diffrently....... custom paint black out with blades.... i did a simple plain clean no tint lincoln....

and this is my murdered out blackNchrome sxy...... im not a chump.. i just wanna live life.

as far as the poeple that were talking down to me.... i knew the age range of them.... i called them old men... but i CAN SEE NO ONE GOT IT.

and lastly.

perhaps yall can help me with this then.......

i think 24's.... but i can see where some poeple may not agree..... so im willing to play with some diffrent ideas....

my first... was the 22 inch spokes.. with white wall... or yellow letters... to make up for perhaps the lack in my mind of what i should have... a little more detail if you will...

what does ssa say.

your right ray i see to have ruffeled the feathers of many SSAERS lol

i have already done the lift,,, i used larger springs, and somthing simaler to lift cups, on 2 inch cups, before i ever lifted it i got LARGER PORTED AND SLOTTED rotors ALL THE WAY AROUND....

so yeah i hear what your saying... am i doing it right.. or an i doing some ghetto chit...

i try to do everything i do the right way...

and acctualy this topic has had me thinking alot the past few days...... i read alot of on the other donk fourm and thay are all clowns.... no one has taken the steps i have... and i dont even have huge rims yet... either way.. i have been thinking to do 22 inch spokes.... not 24... and make up for the size with jazz!!!... im thinking 22 inch spoked.. with a white wall tire........ what does ssa think?

:edit: i also put in a new rearend, had a complete run over of the motor, new catalic converters.. all new O2 sensors. platnum plugs. 8 new coils, a few new stearing parts, all new wheel bearings and seals, yeah i have done alot of work over the time.. because i know that with the weight of the subs amps cells, wheels, and what ever else there will be a stress,....

but this is also not my daily driver... i have has this car 10 months i have yet to put 3000 miles on it yet... ahhh the perks of having a company truck 24/7

edit

a 22" with a bit more sidewall is going to offer a better overall ride. and not having to trim the body is a plus as well. my vote is for the 22" spokes, and a skinny whitewall might not be bad. maybe mustard and mayo? that just might be pimp, lol. seriously.

glad to see you did it right as well. that's the only way to do it. my bro-in-law asked me about helping him build a donk to flip. i told him we should redneck it, lol. throw a cutty up on a 4x4 blazer frame. go as big as we want to!! god, only in america!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

If you didn't have a lifted Lincoln, people probably wouldn't want to rob you so much :P IMO the only reason you should be cutting up a car is for a bigger engine or more wheel travel (for dedicated off-road vehicles)...not for bigger, completely impractical, rims. But, like everybody's saying, it's your car, do what you want. It definitely isn't going to stop SSA from laughing at you...but it is YOUR money so do what you like.

a 22" with a bit more sidewall is going to offer a better overall ride. and not having to trim the body is a plus as well. my vote is for the 22" spokes, and a skinny whitewall might not be bad. maybe mustard and mayo? that just might be pimp, lol. seriously.

glad to see you did it right as well. that's the only way to do it. my bro-in-law asked me about helping him build a donk to flip. i told him we should redneck it, lol. throw a cutty up on a 4x4 blazer frame. go as big as we want to!! god, only in america!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i did think about the white and yellows.. i think thats what im going to do......

i flip cars offten.. i usualy build them a lil.. .and then sell them .. i have done 2 donk flips... with more to come soon...

yeah i think you should go with the vogue tires also! just the right tire for a lincoln IMO.

I love this car for some reason!!!! Ha Ha it's a DONK

4ff0_12.jpg

Looks like a very comfy ride

:lol:

On wheels that actually fit that would be a very classy looking car, IMHO.

that guy.. was selling that car here in austin,.. they are 24's if my is correct.. i looked at that car when it was for sale....

i looked for vouges... yellow and white... the only 22 thay make is a 305 45 22 thats a HUGE TIRE

<--likes 305's, but they have to tuck.

305 is a HUGE tire for a car... and 305s are what 10.5 wide... no way thay will tuck.... infact i think maybe just 1 inch sticking out.. but its to wide anyway.. it will run on my frame when i turn.. and i REFUSE to do that...

Whatever ya do man, I know its gonna look pretty good man.............u seem to have good taste and kudos on the proper way of doing shit on the car with the brakes and such.

J

305 is a HUGE tire for a car... and 305s are what 10.5 wide... no way thay will tuck.... infact i think maybe just 1 inch sticking out.. but its to wide anyway.. it will run on my frame when i turn.. and i REFUSE to do that...

I'd much rather see 305 on 18's tucked with mini-tubs and a shortened axle than 22's :) Hell I'll even give you 19's.

hey bigjon how about these rims right here!

these are the 15" 84s

l_401522cfdb7fff95875e12e59c97f06b.jpg

these are the 20" 84s

l_4c22c01e5939cc11e0102324d59afb89.jpg

not my style, there was a lincoln from houston that came to the screw fest car show here in san marcos... i didnt see it but my lil brother took some pics.. it had the elbows like this blue one.. and it had 2 5th wheel bumper kits on it... on on the bumper 1 on the trunk lid.. it was way over the top... not my style but someones...

o by the way.. i was off this weekend.. had some poeple over.. and sunday we took a drive to the country to see a lincoln LS for the girlfriend.... made the guy an offer but anyway.... i stoped at a cracker barrel to eat.. and i park next to a escalade on 26's!..... thats it.. just big wheels.. no rotors no nothing,

anyway if you look... hes not any higher then i am.... i like it :D

untitledlincolnhigh.jpg

untitledlincolnlincoln.jpg

phone pics you understand... but ya see what i mean.. to be honest i was still catching my self looking at my car.... not his... i think shes sexy.

He can still see over you, so he wins :D

He can still see over you, so he wins :D

:lol2:

But in all seriousness... I think it looks ok next to big cars :)