Sign in to follow this  
BKOLFO4

So I got something new to try out. . .

Man, pictures cannot capture the beauty. I was going nuts when I got this thing uncrated.

This is a 15". The picture HAS NOT been resized in any way. The motor is just so big it makes the picture of the sub look flat. It is just crazy. . .

Seriously. Anyone that thinks it looks funny will eat their words the first time they see one in person. Crazy. . .still can't believe it. . .

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

did you get 4 of them... or just the one trial

That's a big mota.

I'm sure this was said before but these look so much like the older AA line of speakers.

the motor looks about as tall as a regular triple stacked magnet motor.

It is almost as tall. . .

I might have received (4) of them. ;)

What a sweet little Dayton Titanic 15 next to it (only 15 I have sitting around)

IMG_1173.jpg

Brian

i really don't see the big deal about the new motors, yes their wide as fvck but why is everyone making a big deal about it? theres a thread on roe that has like 150 posts of people talkin all this crap about the new motor and just because it isn't triple stacked its automatically "bad" people really have no clue. im sure scott knows what hes doing and has a very good reason behind the new motor. now all we need is some tests to show how big of improvement it made.

I've heard before that subs really don't need more than 1 magnet of that size, it's just that people think a sub is better if it has 3. Looks more beefy and therefore more "powerful". whatever.

Edited by KU40

I just noticed. Is there a spacer between the basket and the top plate? It's almost the same color as the magnet. Could it be a smaller magnet? I know it doesn't make any sense to have one there, but still. What is it? Its a cool sub. I'd like to learn more about the reasoning for the change. Cool stuff, congrats.

Edited by onebadmonte

It is just a spacer. . .

The larger diameter magnet gives the motor more Bl than the triple stack of smaller diameter magnets.

Scott said in another post that this sub has more Bl with a daily universal gap than the old BTL had with the SPL tolerances.

Brian

The new motors are really starting to grow on me.

I'll have to find the 3d modeled sketch of my custom TC sounds woofer.

10" woofers with 11.1" neo magnet (single slugged)

Same motor size as the new btl and it is crazy big

Interesting spacers. With the radius entry of the cooling channels I envisioned the pie shaped magnets of the 06 RE XXX. I was wondering if there might have been some sort of design connection. Conspiracy, ha ha! Cool sub. :)

Man these things are SICK. Been running around for 2 hours now trying to break them in a little. . .

Petey Pablo - Vibrate. Hard to keep your feet on the floor, too much vibration. My favorite bass race song on Crunk Juice CD is nuts. Hard to breathe while it is on. Got a little carried away one time with that song and could smell the coils a little. :D

Once again, sick subs. Can't wait to get a little more break in on them and then meter.

Brian

Did your subs have the heat induct ring? Do you know what it is? Thanks.

Mine do not.

Scott just told me quickly it is an aluminum ring for further heat inductance. I did not get enough info from him to try to explain how it is setup and works. . .

Now I get it. It's to pull heat off the voice coil and into the motor, I think. Next though, is heat in the motor/top plate bad? I'm guessing this is for high wattage daily applications? Thanks for the info.

I run 3600+ watts RMS and don't have any problems with heat until I start clipping pretty hard. I can play mine for a long time (longer than I want to listen :D) without any problems. Dust caps will barely be warm.

Brian

when do you think you're going to get a vid posted of this bad boy in action? (unless i already missed it)

Sign in to follow this