shizzzon

ShiZZZoN's Build Log

i'm doin fine right now,still some uncomfortable digestive feelings once in a while but no pain, which is good.

Where's pics of the box?

GOD, can't i work first!!!, hehe

I'll take pics once i put it together.

Gotta model some drilling points in CAD so i can start running allthread here, there... everywhere, over there, some in that area... bla bla bla.

I should be done in the next couple days with the box.

ok, here's a pic showin a finally started on the box today... well not really.

I just glued the baffles together. After it dries late tonight, i'll start workin on the box tomorrow for sure.

Let's talk about another $100 in parts to brace the box...

Hmm... car audio sure does cost money, hehe.

Now, i'm no professional or god but do i have enough clamps to keep the baffles together?

100_0145.jpg

has anyone ever told you online here that everytime you post, you turn someone on for a sec?

x2 lol.

plz tell me who that is. most likely asian. i just know.

Edited by phi

got some pics of the inside of the box before i start doing severe bracing and then putting the top on.

100_0151.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0154.jpg

theres a guy here in Dallas that got the same amps & subs and 1 of the amps poped 4sec into the note !!!

hmm.. what can i say?

Doesn't sound normal does it, hehe.

Maybe he had it wired under 2 ohm strapped.

These amps from what i hear are NOT lenient on disobeying the recommended ohm loads.

I will have mine wired @1.4ohms strapped so there is no worry for me to drop below 2 ohms after rise.

I thought today was suppose to be the big day to get the majority of all my stuff in... apparently i am wrong.

So far, i have gotten 3 packages in from UPS for just installation accessories, i'm still waitin on a LOT MORE.

hmm.. what can i say?

Doesn't sound normal does it, hehe.

Maybe he had it wired under 2 ohm strapped.

These amps from what i hear are NOT lenient on disobeying the recommended ohm loads.

I will have mine wired @1.4ohms strapped so there is no worry for me to drop below 2 ohms after rise.

I thought today was suppose to be the big day to get the majority of all my stuff in... apparently i am wrong.

So far, i have gotten 3 packages in from UPS for just installation accessories, i'm still waitin on a LOT MORE.

he said he did not violate the ohm load recomendations but who knows ???

hmm, maybe too low of voltage?

That's the only 2 things i can think of.

Oh well, i need some help lifting this box so if u wanna haul ur ass over here, hehe, and give me a hand, lol.

I gotta pretty much just sit here until i can find someone to help me.

I am not suppose to be lifting heavy items since i have a hernia. I've dragged this thing out and it is ridiculous. No way i can drag it out AND bend over to put it in and out of the car just for a couple measurements.

are you shouting out to me? lol cus ill be free i think saturday. man 2morrow i got school, girl's graduation, her graduation parties, etc. you know but yea i can help you saturday. just give me a call.

i thought of contactin u today but didnt because i only needed help for like 10 minutes and didnt want u drivin all the way here and back with gas bein as much as a cell phone bill is, hehe.

I just needed some measurements. When i get all my stuff in, in about 2 days after that is when it's goin down!

lookin good man, i still havent got my box finished ur doin a lot better than me lol.

sounds like u need a motivator.

Get ahold of 418fis and tell him to stay on your ass so u can get it done.

That's basically what i tell my friends around here.

One of em actually listens and does exactly that... that's why i might be done with everything in as little as just a few days from now.... but that's if my batts come in tomorrow too.

They are being "drop shipped" straight from Powermaster... but that was as of 5-19-08, it's been 3 days and i'm only 1 state up from them, lol.

i thought of contactin u today but didnt because i only needed help for like 10 minutes and didnt want u drivin all the way here and back with gas bein as much as a cell phone bill is, hehe.

I just needed some measurements. When i get all my stuff in, in about 2 days after that is when it's goin down!

the drive isnt that bad, but yes gas is, it was 3.99 earlier today. man, but your house is like 13 mins from me and its if i am behind slow ass ppl.

i'll be contactin u soon, trust me, hehe.

My buddy helped me lift the box in the car today so we can test mount the amps on the box and make measurements to see what fits and what doesn't, test fit batteries if they were here, deciding how to secure the batteries and how to secure the box itself.

We will have to custom make brackets to hold the batts and box in place and i just found another way to possibly mount the amps but can't confirm it until the batts come in...

it looks bad ass, we loved the look, can't wait to permanently get it in there..(Thank You AutoCAD).

The box is completely put together right now!

Tomorrow, i gotta drag it back out and flip it upside down so i can finish sealing the top with Liquid Nails and Silicone II.

After that, then i got to finish laying the rest of the L brackets in place and sealing them inside the box too.

After that's done, then i got to determine if the box is going to require All-Thread or not.

I won't know til all L brackets are in place.

After that...., hehe it's a matter of UPS giving me everything tomorrow and me starting to make the baffles for my 6.5s.

So, i'm not too far away.

There's going to be a LOT of wiring involved but luckily most of the hard part(running under the carpet) is done.

There is still some under the carpet work but luckily the car is still halfway gutted.

you better watch out and not connect the ground to the power and vice versa lol. you know what that does.

haha, yea i better, because in my install, i have no diodes to blow, just pure fireworks.

hey do you have any sound dampener left? ill buy the leftover from you. i need it for my roof right above the rear seats, the sub knocked something loose and its rattling bad as hell. its time that i fix it cus i hate hearing it even when there is no bass in the car.

i do have about 40sqft left BUT wait until i get the whole car done before i just get rid of it.

I might need to use some more after i get the setup in there.

theres a guy here in Dallas that got the same amps & subs and 1 of the amps poped 4sec into the note !!!

It actually poped in 10 seconds LOL. We sent him a brand new amp. There always has to be a first one.

I am impatiently waiting for UPS right now...

The order for my batts that are being drop shipped from Powermaster is currently in an unknown status right now.

They emailed Powermaster requesting information as to why or when i should expect my order since they are in TN and i'm in KY, should only take a day. I've driven to their city before, only takes 2.5hrs to get there.

I've been waitin 3 days so far.

If UPS does not deliver the batts today then there will be a delay obviously.

Crossing my fingers.

ok, so everything i ordered came into today... kinda.

I am missing 1 of my 3 batteries.

The ups driver said that his info shows that i am suppose to have 3 packages but only 2 were on the truck...

He finds that odd so he gave me the number to call so they could trace it down to see if they could find it...

I called, lady said all the trucks are back and she was gonna see if it was put on the wrong truck and call me back...

Well, she never called me back and UPS isn't shipping on Monday either.... so, thanks to whoever messed up.

Luckily, that particular battery won't hold me up from installin everything else...

Some other things have arose in the install that are going to need to be reinstalled another way which pushes me back farther so when it's not raining, i'm gonna be busy busy busy,

still can't post pics yet, i'm gonna wait til tuesday\wednesday when UPS finds my other battery.

But in the meantime- later on today(sunday), i should be done with everything "bass-wise".

I gotta start replacing my factory speakers next.