shizzzon

ShiZZZoN's Build Log

This is in the pre-stages...

about 75% of everything i need is being sent from everywhere and will be arriving next week...

This build might\will progress til the mid to more likely the end of MAY before it's completed.

For a teaser pic, this is to keep the voltage up in the back-

100_0084.jpg

good im glad to see you have started.. its been along time coming.

You guys are gonna have to bear with me...

As some of you may know, i'm still fighting this damn abdominal pain issue that nobody as of yet knows what's wrong.

I go to the hospital for an upper GI next week and a consultation the next day to discuss the possibility of cancer in my system. They are gonna check something real quick to determine if they feel something may need to be tested for cancer... but it's just a thought, not nothing yet.

So with all the good news up ahead... when i am briefly feeling fine, that's when i try to haul ass and get things done.

Let's see... what is coming in?

I won't post pics unless I take them myself.

Hmm.. what was it that i ordered...

Someone sent me an email saying that they have a total of 57lbs of amplifier power coming to me... We won't know what that is til next week ;)

Oh, and the same email also stated that 100 lbs of subwoofers are on their way too.

Must be a surprise! :o

But what good is bass without some upgraded mids and components...

Well, haven't ordered components yet but the rear speaker area sure is gonna know the difference when this guy's package from Montana gets here. Nothing looks better than an ID does it?

Hmm... how does one ground all of this equipment? I don't know if pure copper\silver finish with Quad 1/0 awg means anything for a ground but we'll see.

Forget ground, how does that 1 3/0 wire feed everything in the rear?

I think i may have forgotten... or will I have remembered once all 2/0 awg cable is ran from 3 additional batteries? I think i might remember that.

Well, you will never see this but the 110 lbs of sound deadening will be hidden underneath all of this, Thanks to SecondSkin!

Sorry yo hear about your health troubles :(

Looks like you're going to build something pretty impressive :D

yea hope you feel alright, i just had a buddy who had a tumor removed and went through kemo but he seems to be doing alright

good luck with the build Schizzzon, hopefully you get better soon. I pray that it's not cancer (I work with cancer patients... so yeah).

With as OCD as you are and as curious as you are, this is bound to be a good one.

Good luck with your health issues, this awesome build will help keep you're mind off of it!

Cheers :drink40:

Did I read in another thread you are in Louisville, KY? If so, PM me and I'll try to help out where I can.

yea man pm my ass and ill be out to help out. id like to check out yo chit too.

I hope you feel better!

Thanks guys.

I go in tomorrow for mu Upper GI so hopefully yhey do at least 1 biopsy on me because if they don't, there's only 1 other hole to go through and I've left that reserved in case I ever went to prison, lol

Forget the pms guys, yea I'm from the PRP area.

The new subs will be here Wednesday so pics will be here.

My ID will be here soon too so that'll be up here.

I keep trying to win ebay auctions on real expensive components but they keep sellin over 200 dollars.

If I don't win somethin soon, I'll just go with alpine type-r components.

To those of you who offered to help, :) i will actually need your guys help!

I am not suppose to life anything too heavy so putting the box in myself is out of the question.

The box will weigh around 80lbs and the subs have been weighed in at a total of 91.5 lbs But i gotta put those in the box AFTER the box is in there... better on your back.

OH.... a lot of stuff came in today... so much stuff that they had to send 2 UPS trucks out here but am waiting on a call so i can go pick up the other shipment of equipment.

Pics may be up in this log tonight!!!!!

pics are about to be taken!!!

This will show the majority of the install.

I am still missing my front components\batts and a LOT more wiring but everything else is about to be uploaded...

Ok here are pics, yea finally!

First off, the rear speaker replacements-

I bought these used but fresh! Barely ever used and one helluva steal!

Image Dynamics CX62s SVC 2ohm 150wrms

100_0117.jpg

100_0118.jpg

100_0123.jpg

100_0121.jpg

These babies are going to be powered by....

Sundown 100.4

100_0124.jpg

100_0126.jpg

100_0125.jpg

But, what is gonna make all the bass?

Well, i know what is gonna be powering them-

2 Audioque AQ2200Ds

100_0097.jpg

100_0098.jpg

100_0101.jpg

100_0102.jpg

Ok ok, but what is that power being sent to?

2 Audioque HDC312-DVC2ohm Copper Coils.

100_0103.jpg

100_0104.jpg

100_0113.jpg

100_0105.jpg

100_0108.jpg

100_0111.jpg

100_0112.jpg

100_0116.jpg

Miscellaneous pics -

100_0120.jpg

100_0122.jpg

Specs -

The pics of the speakers being weighed is slightly off.

The scale was approx 0.5-1.9 lbs off but i have the numbers here-

ID CX62s - 5.0 lbs per driver

AQ HDC312 - 46 lbs per driver

AQ2200D - 16 lbs per amp

Sundown 100.4 - 12 lbs

I'll go ahead and say that the front comps are IDs as well, just haven't got them in yet.

What kind of vehicle is this going to be in? Sorry if this was already asked. :X

Scion tC.

Forward firing literally 1 inch from rear seat, passenger side firing for increased spl (obtained from Db meter)

Good Luck to more than just me, i gotta get some people from Louisville such as phi (i am politely asking, :) ) to help me lift the equipment in the vehicle when the box is done being painted in fluorescent paint....

:o Did i just spill another surprise?!?!

We'll see when that time comes.

Looking forward to the rest of the build :)

Hey, glad you posted here M5, I would have seriously went with what you decided before with the 3 10 idea but when i went to actually go to placing an order for them, it was between 3 10" icons and 3 RE SXs and both had an issue with my app.

The Icons were to be wired right at 1ohm DCR which is odd but was afraid i wouldnt get the power i wanted.

The RE SXs were to be wired at 1.2ohm DCR and that setup would have been ran off of a 2ohm stable amp which i was too leary about trying with brute power.

Yea, the icons would have actually been wired to a pair of amps that wasnt even gonna exceed 3kw so i decided to just go with this setup instead.

you have some sexy subs and amps ; ]

definitely looking forward to the build pics