Aaron Clinton

~~ SSA Protoype super8 ~~

I'll have those little monsters here today finally :)

Really? I dont believe it. I had hoped they would be accompanied with another box.

I am checking why the pictures are not loading. But I think we have decided not to release the mini-run of super8's because they will be fairly off what the production model will end up being. As for production, the new baskets are still in the works and we hope to have them going soon after.

I am checking why the pictures are not loading. But I think we have decided not to release the mini-run of super8's because they will be fairly off what the production model will end up being. As for production, the new baskets are still in the works and we hope to have them going soon after.

oh man i was really hopeing to see what these would do. oh well i guess i have to wait till they are released

oh man i was really hopeing to see what these would do. oh well i guess i have to wait till they are released

In the end, even though it would only be a few, it would be best not to have the initial version floating around out there along side the production version.

So no vids of the prototype 8"s just to tease everyone.

Maybe one showing them bottoming out? You know, to give an idea of what SSA expects from its products before releasing them. ;)

So no vids of the prototype 8"s just to tease everyone.

Maybe one showing them bottoming out? You know, to give an idea of what SSA expects from its products before releasing them. ;)

We will shoot plenty of vids with the final version. Since there will be enough changes that go along with the upgraded baskets, it would not serve us much to display a driver that we no longer plan to put into prodution. :)

Any updates?

At the moment, the baskets are still getting worked on. Believe me I wish it went faster, but a change in tooling takes time. :(

But it will be worth it in the end as the travel issues with the cone will be gone compared to the standard 12spoke 8" cone. :)

Any updates?

At the moment, the baskets are still getting worked on. Believe me I wish it went faster, but a change in tooling takes time. :(

But it will be worth it in the end as the travel issues with the cone will be gone compared to the standard 12spoke 8" cone. :)

Any teaser pics or anything else yet? :blink:

Any updates?

Any teaser pics or anything else yet? :blink:

Pix will be up as soon as we have a working proto or as soon as a production model is ready.

So are we talking more cone travel than the Epic 8"? Because isnt that the same 12 spoke basket you were initially planning to use? (or very similar)

(just a yes or no question, no specs needed)

Damn I cant wait for this woofer to come out already.

The old prototype has the standard 12 spoke 8" basket. At the moment I cannot say on the amount of cone travel as the new basket is not in yet to have a working prototype to test the limits. :(

Would one of these baby's sound good off of 150rms? probably not.....but if so, i gotta get me one for my HT in the family room.

Would one of these baby's sound good off of 150rms? probably not.....but if so, i gotta get me one for my HT in the family room.

The old prototype performs very well off as little as 120 watts. :)

i can finally replace that stiff-as-a-rock samsung woofer we have! it it deeper than 7 inches? my only limiting spec for the box we have. other wise, i will make a nice low ported black cube, just lookin for a reason :lol:

Edited by DeepSubBoy

i can finally replace that stiff-as-a-rock samsung woofer we have! it it deeper than 7 inches? my only limiting spec for the box we have. other wise, i will make a nice low ported black cube, just lookin for a reason :lol:

You're going to want to make a new box.

We do not have final dimensions until a new prototype is built.

We are supposedly just waiting for the new basket to be shipped from the factory. But that could take a while, so I do not want to promise any dates.

Damn, still nada?

On it's way. It's model line mates just arrived for prototype testing. :)