Aaron Clinton

~~ SSA Protoype super8 ~~

how are these going?

The basket is done, we are just waiting on the build house to have a number of them built up. :bigclap:

i cant see the pics on page one i was going to see if you could post them again

We will post new pictures when the updated prototype is done. :)

I wonder how these would perform as added midbass :D

I wonder how these would perform as added midbass :D

Custom set up for sure. We will know better when the new prototype comes in.

Believe me, we cannot wait either, so as soon as we have the updated prototype the pictures will be up. Just itching to do a 4 driver set up with the production version. :)

With the new basket, depth has increase/stayed the same/decrease?

Just a stupid question to expand the thread :D

We will show the changes when we have the prototype. :)

Ever thought about getting into politics? :P

Haha yeah right. We just need to be as careful as possible, and I don't want to put the figurative cart before the horse, only to cause confusion or upset customers or members. Trust me, it is killing us not having this thing. There is a whole in market for something of this nature, and we really want to be the first ones to it. So with us being primarily internet based, every bit of information has to be set in stone because in a matter of moments, thousands of people could read it. I am not trying to tease any one, just being extra safe. And to subwoofery, it was not a stupid question, never hurts to ask. Kind of why we have this section here. :)

what are the dimesions on the box u made for the Beast 8?

I think it was .6 cubes at 32hz, and something around 12"x12"x15". :)

aaron wont crack :bigclap:

wow i just read this whole thread never saw it before and there are only pictures of your test box and nothing else lol... these are very intriguing what are your goals with them? Are these intended as low power amazing sq subs or will they take lots of power and have huge output. How do you hope they will rank next to rl-i8s or the 1508s? Sorry for lots of questions but I am leaning heavily towards 2 tens but there is so much appeal to an 8 inch driver...

aaron wont crack :bigclap:

We can keep trying... :bigclap: The market really needs an affordable high performance 8 Driver

:NeedPics:

:ttiwwop:

Hint Hint...

wow i just read this whole thread never saw it before and there are only pictures of your test box and nothing else lol... these are very intriguing what are your goals with them? Are these intended as low power amazing sq subs or will they take lots of power and have huge output. How do you hope they will rank next to rl-i8s or the 1508s? Sorry for lots of questions but I am leaning heavily towards 2 tens but there is so much appeal to an 8 inch driver...

It will not be an SPL burp machine if that is what you are asking. ;) We wanted to add a quality 8" sub woofer offering to the line up. So to keep with the rest of the line, it needed to sound great first, be very well built, have solid output, good excursion and look similar to the rest of our drivers. We don't pay attention to DD drivers, as we are not really after that market segment. The SoundSplinter RL-i is an excellent 8" sub, and I will let the people compare them once ours is out. I own an RL-i8 and love it.

:)

I dropped my car off today to have my two 8W7's installed. And I'm already thinking I should have went with the RL-i8.

Just curious, what's your opinion of he 8W7 against the RL-i and your prototype?

I dropped my car off today to have my two 8W7's installed. And I'm already thinking I should have went with the RL-i8.

Just curious, what's your opinion of he 8W7 against the RL-i and your prototype?

I don't have a 8W7 to compare to, and the latest version of the SSA8 is not in yet to do the comparison.

I can't wait to see this beast.

I want to buy one for fun :D

I was thinking about adding 4 of these with a Crown BPX 2200.1 for MidBass

I need enough midbass to keep up with the 1140w rms on the components and the 3200w rms+

on the subs