Aaron Clinton

~~ SSA Protoype super8 ~~

Hehe, these will not be suggested for door mounting.

y not lol :captain:

Can we have a repost of the pictures which were on the front page? I never got to see them and it makes me sad :suicide-santa:

This thread is really good because we NEED more performance 8inch subwoofers

Keep up the hard work SSA

y not lol :captain:

Well if you want to build custom door pods that deep, more power to you. ;)

NOTE!!! This are old pictures and NOT the production version. Members requested I repost these of the original prototype. The new version will be slightly different. Once again, these are the original pictures, NOT THE NEW PROTOTYPE!

15520185970.jpg

15520190094.jpg

15520190091.jpg

15520190018.jpg

15520185945.jpg

15520185980.jpg

Thanks for reposting those... Looking good, very beefy but not anywhere near as beefy as the Soundsplinter

Well the beef I think you are referring to is the wider magnet slugs and magnet boot. Which is interesting as the RL-i has a larger pole vent. And in these pictures, the old dcon8 shares a basket with the RL-i, but not for long. :)

It is killing us not having them yet.

Finally arrived today! Testing will begin shortly. And before anyone asks, no pricing is not set, we do not have a release date and the T/S parameters are not finalized. So with that out of the way, here are a few pictures of the prototype. There is a few possible changes that could still occur. So here are a few shots of the real one, (the teaser pictures were mostly the concept driver prior to this prototype), the silver basket 12 is the first Icon prototype I use daily in my car, and the other 8" driver placed for scale is the leader of the segment, SS RL-i 8, and a 1st run Icon 10 for fun too. No, that dust cap will not go to production, it is a blank one for testing.

Hey what happend to the pics?????

14023443130.jpg

14023443266.jpg

14023443277.jpg

14023443396.jpg

14023443473.jpg

14023443487.jpg

any updates on how they're coming along?

They are getting close, but need to be given the blessing by the build house. Believe me, we want to get them going asap, but we do not want to rush something to market that is not up to what we want it to be.

I have a good feeling that once the 10" and 12" Dcon's start getting out there, people will really want to jump on the 8's when they are ready to go.

My friend is just getting into car audio. He doesn't want to upgrade his low end yet but I'm already pushing for these.

My friend is just getting into car audio. He doesn't want to upgrade his low end yet but I'm already pushing for these.

:)

These are still coming, just at the moment our first priority at the moment is getting the Dcon 10/12 out there and getting the Xcon to market.

:)

These are still coming, just at the moment our first priority at the moment is getting the Dcon 10/12 out there and getting the Xcon to market.

Definitely! I want some pictures and videos to look at of the X's while he still marvels over the touchscreen my friend and I put in his car for him. It'll be a while judging from his wanting to sit in the car and watch a movie a few minutes before (or during) a ride.