Godsmack

When It rains it pours NEW PICS

I was on my way up towards Tucson, to continue to Pheonix for a competition tomorrow.

I had some shimmy in my WHOLE CAR at 60. i stopped checked, everything seemed ok. Well i hit a curb on my back PASSENGER side tire. I thought it might be that so I turned around and went back. I wasn;t even 10 miles down I-10

Well I had a blowout and hit a VW............IRONICALLY ENOUGH the car was rented from the guy getting hit by a dude running a stop sign............Anyways, I spun sideways and side impacted him. and Stopped sideways on a 2 lane road. Climbed out the window cause the door wouldn't open. I shut off the car before hopping out. I got into the median (about 20 yards wide and goes down like 20 ft.) incase some one hit my Integra. People stopped and helped us and pushed me back normal and then off the side of the road.

Everyone was okay, just shaken up. My car un-drivable, his drivable.

I got 2 tickets. Come to find out my liscence was suspended in NY back in 06. Didn;t even know. I knew I had old tickets before deployment (after i left it was suspended) and my father TOLD ME they were done. Well I guess he lied, or NYS DMV didn't get the memo. Car is now impounded until I can get my liscence straight.

Anyways here are pics

No info added, cause well I am too shaken up and lazy.

Wreck002.jpg

Wreck003.jpg

Wreck004.jpg

Wreck005.jpg

Wreck006.jpg

Wreck007.jpg

Wreck008.jpg

Wreck009.jpg

Wreck010.jpg

so you had to say it 4 times?? lol (i deleted the other three)

sorry to hear about this, that sucks bro. hopefully you can get it squared away soon!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

You should be able to get some money out of the tire company for that.

I had a goodyear blow up on the freeway once, they paid for all the damages to my car.

It was kohmo (or something there of) tire..............and Thanks Kent........it posted the thread 4x somehow.............And right now i am straight up LIVID...............called my insurence...........i denied collision (would of sent my rate SKY HIGH) and therefore they take care of the VW..............its on my for my Integra.............prep for a for sale thread soon i think.

J

I had a Toyo do the same thing a couple years back and they wound up giving me a set of four new tires and paid my repair bill (did some fender damage).

I see NANKANG on the tire............I just gotta call them Monday I guess, and monday i am going to take more pics of my Integra at the yard. thinking pulling my audio shit (subs amps etc) would be a good idea as well.

J

That sucks.

At least nobody got hurt.

Taking out the stereo while the car is at the yard sounds like a good idea.

I see NANKANG on the tire............I just gotta call them Monday I guess, and monday i am going to take more pics of my Integra at the yard. thinking pulling my audio shit (subs amps etc) would be a good idea as well.

J

nanking is teh low of the low for tires, or so that's their rep. i dunno if you'll get anywhere, but i wish you look. it definitely looks like a manufacturer defect the way it delaminated.

we have kumhos on the cooper adn so far so good! 1k+ on them and they are doing great. thinking about going nitrogen in them and the truck and scoot.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Tht sucks hardcore man, hopefully you'll be able to shake down the tire company some, just threaten a lawsuit :)

J

nanking is teh low of the low for tires, or so that's their rep. i dunno if you'll get anywhere, but i wish you look. it definitely looks like a manufacturer defect the way it delaminated.

we have kumhos on the cooper adn so far so good! 1k+ on them and they are doing great. thinking about going nitrogen in them and the truck and scoot.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

They were freshly put on 3 mths before we deployed. I got the car in march. He said he put on maybe 3k in the time he had it before i got it TOTAL (obveously after the tire change). Anyways, I have put about 3k on the car since march.........either way the tread looked just fine on that thing.

J

BTW for those who had tire incidents before, how did u go about talking to them? Directly or through a lawyer?

And can u give some tips of what to say?

J

Okay I cannot get ANY info on how to call, besides a number to Japan.............anyone got any hook ups for help??

J

mywreck001.jpg

mywreck002.jpg

mywreck003.jpg

mywreck004.jpg

mywreck005.jpg

mywreck006.jpg

mywreck007.jpg

mywreck008.jpg

mywreck009.jpg

mywreck010.jpg

mywreck011.jpg

mywreck012.jpg

mywreck013.jpg

mywreck014.jpg

mywreck015.jpg

mywreck016.jpg

mywreck017.jpg

mywreck018.jpg

mywreck019.jpg

mywreck020.jpg

BTW for those who had tire incidents before, how did u go about talking to them? Directly or through a lawyer?

And can u give some tips of what to say?

J

http://www.nhtsa.gov/

http://nankang.ehosting.com.tw/services.php?akindid=3

Try there.

Tell them you had a perfectly good tire blow up on you causing damage to your car and another due to the ensuing accident. Ask what their policy is on repairing your vehicle (don't make it seem like you're unsure if they have one - they do). Be firm. Say you just want to get your car fixed and be on your way. etc etc.

If all else fails, go through Discount Tire. They're one of the authorized resellers.

email sent.................did what u suggested john................time to wait

i have emailed and called (found a stateside person) and no avail.

Any ideas?

You'll probably have to take the tire to a tire dealer. They may want to verify that there wasn't something in the tire that caused it to blow. i.e.- you ran over a nail, which deflated the tire, which caused it to blow. If they can see a nail or pre-existing puncture in the tire that could have caused the accident they'll blame it on that and not the tire, so they'll deny liability. Also, finding a tire dealer in your area for those tires and going to them with the problem may help. They'll know who to call in this type of situation, and since they're a dealer they have a much higher chance of getting a response.

Well KU40,

I found out where he got them here.

After work I am going to see them and get the paperwork going.

I am prolly gonna sell my Integra neways so...........

J

Damn , sorry to hear this man. :(

hope it works out for you

they have no record of it................so it may have been another place

FUCK