Peteyglad

XMAX King?

Who is the king of the XMAX wars at the moment? Let me rephrase that, who is XMAX king of the conventional design subwoofers :D

right now I would think Treo or DD.... long as you don't care about linearity ;)

Wel, XMAX is linear so i would say adire at the moment, but i wouldn't call their Parthenon sub conventional

The Pathenon is was what I was thinking when I threw in the conventional part:) Also, I was thinking Linear, preferabbly verified by Dumax or some other accepted testing device.

As far as production drivers I think the RE XXX is the king right now. 32mm one way linear to the Brahma's 28mm one way linear. BUT both RE and TC have 45mm dumaxed drivers in prototype stages right now. They look very similar to each other too.

As far as production drivers I think the RE XXX is the king right now.  32mm one way linear to the Brahma's 28mm one way linear.  BUT both RE and TC have 45mm dumaxed drivers in prototype stages right now.  They look very similar to each other too.

i'm lookin forward to both :D

If I recall correctly, I was told my driver is good for around 35mm one way linear.

I'll have to look it up and see if I can hunt down the verification sheet.

Unfortunately, it's not a production driver.

- Steve

A bunch of throw I will never use. Small displacement woofers are ideal for me. :D

As far as production drivers I think the RE XXX is the king right now.

The 13W7 has greater Xmax than the XXX ...

I am curious to see what this new RE monster is, not to mention the new eclipse that is coming

I am curious to see what this new RE monster is, not to mention the new eclipse that is coming

i'd imagine the new eclipse is based on the tc prototype, though tc says it'll never be a production unit.

and steve, ryan...wouldn't ur uber's be considered production, albeit limited?

and what is the w7's compared to the uber....15" compared to 13"?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I want that new eclipse, BAD more than I want a Team RF

Yeah that's why you're running a D2 15??

Not even running that. Actually, that driver is just going to be used for the times when I WANT to get LOUD. Other than that, the Kodas will be doing double duty as sub-midbass.

Kent, who knows. My Uberwoofer will not be used in-car anyways. Strictly using it for it's intended purpose.

I don't NEED anything. All just a matter of desire. IF I didn't want it, I wouldn't have it. :D

mtx is releasing what they call the Jack hammer,its a rediculas 350lb speaker,holds 6000 wrms per coil

and has a relitive 8.5 INCH peak to peak

they claim itll stay linear 6 inches,with a dealer cost of 3500.00 dollars,retails at 6999.95

mtx is releasing what they call the Jack hammer,its a rediculas 350lb speaker,holds 6000 wrms per coil

and has a relitive 8.5 INCH peak to peak

they claim itll stay linear 6 inches,with a dealer cost of 3500.00 dollars,retails at 6999.95

That Jackhammer is obscene to say the least! eek.gif

--> Link to still pics

----> Link to video pr0n

Xmax isn't everything :-p.

I doubt the Jackhammer ever sees production personally.

Treo has a weird way of doing their xmax, rating it at P2P and not linear. Same way MA Audio rates theirs.

What is the xmax on the W7 BTW????

Xmax isn't everything :-p.

I doubt the Jackhammer ever sees production personally.

Treo has a weird way of doing their xmax, rating it at P2P and not linear.  Same way MA Audio rates theirs.

What is the xmax on the W7 BTW????

well for the 8w7 the xmax is .75inches.....the 10w7 is .90inches...the 12w7 is 1.15inches...and the 13w7 is 1.25inches...i heard all the of them and they are good speakers with nice xmax but personally i would like to someone make a 10inch woofer that can rival a decent 15inch woofer.....if anybody know of one let me know...i believe 10's put out more accurate bass...if anybody dont think so...please let me know maybe i havent heard everything...

always looking 4 new ideas