johnecon2001

Finally lifted the Taco

igp7515ti2.jpg

New coils with a small spacer up front on Bilstien 5100 shocks. Add a Leaf in the rear, again with 5100's. Added a new Tom Woods one piece drive shaft.

Supposed to be 3 inches taller at the suspension, but it is taller than that all around. Overall ride is better than stock.

Woot!

Daylight pics?

But it's night time :(

Maybe after my trip this weekend to Sedona.

Daylight pics?

But it's night time :(

Maybe after my trip this weekend to Sedona.

pussy :P

Nice upgrade :D

I think the springs will "settle" in a bit and you will get to around 3 inches.

Is the slip yoke on the T-case ? Or on the drive-shaft ?

Nice upgrade :D

I think the springs will "settle" in a bit and you will get to around 3 inches.

Is the slip yoke on the T-case ? Or on the drive-shaft ?

On the actual Drive shaft. There was a Double Cardan option that I opted not to get, simple because I don't plan on lifting it higher than this. 3" should suit my off roading needs just fine.

so does this mean you won't get stuck on top of rocks in Prescott anymore?

my uncle is a HUGE fan of the yotas.

he has had...

a 91,

and he just bought a new tundra

thay are so light i was allways amazed at the things you can do just in 2wd.

we have trailed in CA. Az and texas.

texas mud was the biggest challenge but with the high rmp range its abel to sling the mud from the grips and keep on diggin.

i would love to see a ford or dodge rev high enough to do the crazy shit a toyota will do!

looks great back, whats next on the to do list.

my uncle is a HUGE fan of the yotas.

he has had...

a 91,

and he just bought a new tundra

thay are so light i was allways amazed at the things you can do just in 2wd.

texas mud was the biggest challenge but with the high rmp range its abel to sling the mud from the grips and keep on diggin.

i would love to see a ford or dodge rev high enough to do the crazy shit a toyota will do!

looks great back, whats next on the to do list.

Next is to buy my O2 simulator and install my Doug Thorley Long Tube headers -try and regain some of the power lost in the lift.

After that.. maybe a muffler, and Tires. That's it though.

my uncle put headers on one of his toyotas his was a 5 speed, the power it gave was great! it turned it into a race truck it was so fun to drive after the header and the air raid intake

what kinda rims and tires? are you gonna stay 16s?

gin.

What makes the toyota engine able to rev so much higher than anything a normal truck could do? The 5.7L Tundra engine is rated for max hp @ 5,600rpm, red line at 5,900. The closest displacement chevy is the 6.0L and that is rated for max hp@5,500rpm and red line at 6,000. *These are new production model engines, I'm not going back and comparing different model years.*

my uncle put headers on one of his toyotas his was a 5 speed, the power it gave was great! it turned it into a race truck it was so fun to drive after the header and the air raid intake

what kinda rims and tires? are you gonna stay 16s?

I'm going to stay with the stock 17's. No sense in going larger (or smaller). And I like the way it looks now.. so screw paying for something else lol

gin.

What makes the toyota engine able to rev so much higher than anything a normal truck could do? The 5.7L Tundra engine is rated for max hp @ 5,600rpm, red line at 5,900. The closest displacement chevy is the 6.0L and that is rated for max hp@5,500rpm and red line at 6,000. *These are new production model engines, I'm not going back and comparing different model years.*

well i was not talk about the tundra, i was talking more about the tacomas, or even the sr5's

i have a chevy 3500 wreckers with the 6.0 in it.. everytime i take it above 3800 i think its gonna explode.

Heh, my old FJ40 with its tractor-like engine I6 redlines about 4k. Not that you'd want to push it past 3500 too often. :D

John the taco looks sweet. Buddy had a 99 with a 3" lift and put 35's on it. Even with those big a$$ tires he still averaged 18+mpg.

Bigjohn, i know what you mean about the mud sliging part

perryandhistruck.jpg

Fun day off roading in azusa canyon. truck is green, with about 1/2"-1" of mud on all panels.

Edited by blue86f150

Much better :)

Now you need more tire. :P

Much better :)

Now you need more tire. :P

lol, that was brought up several times in Sedona by others.

I'm debating the Revo's

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...es&place=59

Or if I just want to be retarded... The Dunflop Mud Rovers :P

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...es&place=84

Boggers :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: