btchn1

Sad, sad day

I came home to a BIG box sitting on my steps. Low and behold it was the Incriminator Audio Death Penalty 21 inch sub for my buddies truck. I was planning on putting it in this coming tuesday. With out a second to loose I rip open the box and lift this monster out of the box. After removing the plastic bag from around the sub I noticed................................

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

You guessed it....UPS. In there defense though, I think it should have a stronger shipping box due to the weight and height on this monster.

Let me guess... UPS right?

UPS or Fed Ex, it doesn't matter, they both suck total balls and break chit all the time :(

insurance?

Time for some metal epoxy :)

Had the same thing happen on my xxx :

IMG_2972.jpg

The lip was detached from the surround and then epoxied back in place.

oh noes............the first 21 to be broken............

you can spend $100 on packaging materials and I guaran-damn-tee you that UPS will still find a way to break the bitch

If you haven't emailed Nick yet, please do so, and we will get you another one and file an insurance claim.

UPS has broken 4 bolt main caps before.... a subwoofer is nothing.

You just can't package it idiot proof.

I didn't get an email, but I will send a call tag for it and you can send it back, once we get it we'll file a claim and send you another one.

Thanks,

Nick

I also responded to your email earlier echoing what Nick says above ^^^.

Went ahead and built the box and installed it along with the wires. Just waiting on equipment now.

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

DSCF0132.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg

DSCF0135.jpg

Yikes that's a large box.

UPS has broken 4 bolt main caps before.... a subwoofer is nothing.

You just can't package it idiot proof.

I apologize on behalf of UPS. Hell I work there and I know very well what can happen. I also know that a lot of packages come through there in flimsy boxes held together with a single strip of tape and that is a disaster waiting to happen. When I see speakers or rims come through I try to be gentle.

Nice box.

Figure it out guys... this is not a UPS problem... its a shipping industry problem. Things get broken because of so many variables... its not limited to one company. I see the same stuff happening now at UPS that I saw at FedEx for 6 years.

Got the new sub last Thursday and got it put in on Sunday. This is one hell of a sub!!! Just this one sub brought some serious boom to my buddy's truck. It loosens your throat and makes ya get kinda choked up. If you have ever been in a really loud vehicle you know what I mean. We ran a little rap through it and it of course loved it. The CD player skipped before we ever got anywhere near full volume. He brought out his CDs and it turns out he really likes country, which I was a little worried about. We put in some various country and it performed great with quite a bit of accuracy and over all great sound. We then threw in some old school quiet riot and again the sub performed great. I would say to anyone thinking of getting this sub.......DO IT! You will not be disappointed. I put this one in a 7.5 cubic foot box tuned to about 32hz and ran a single Sundown 3000D to it. I think the power had a little something to do with the accuracy of this sub so i wouldn't run anything smaller myself. So anyway...two thumbs up to Incriminator Audio on a simply awesome sub.

Peace, Lee

Got the new sub last Thursday and got it put in on Sunday. This is one hell of a sub!!! Just this one sub brought some serious boom to my buddy's truck. It loosens your throat and makes ya get kinda choked up. If you have ever been in a really loud vehicle you know what I mean. We ran a little rap through it and it of course loved it. The CD player skipped before we ever got anywhere near full volume. He brought out his CDs and it turns out he really likes country, which I was a little worried about. We put in some various country and it performed great with quite a bit of accuracy and over all great sound. We then threw in some old school quiet riot and again the sub performed great. I would say to anyone thinking of getting this sub.......DO IT! You will not be disappointed. I put this one in a 7.5 cubic foot box tuned to about 32hz and ran a single Sundown 3000D to it. I think the power had a little something to do with the accuracy of this sub so i wouldn't run anything smaller myself. So anyway...two thumbs up to Incriminator Audio on a simply awesome sub.

Peace, Lee

Does anyone happen to have any vids of this thing in action. I am planning on three of them.

nice box, i like the way you did the ports, any pics of the ports from inside the box, i might have to do mine the same way, all the way across (57") would probably be a little much =-)

I don't have any videos myself, but would say if you got the room and money to do three of them then you must do it for the sake of all that is audio! lol Seriously though I don't think you would be disappointed with even one of em, let alone three. As far as the port goes, not to fancy just did the math to divide it out to have two equaling a total of around 90 square inches. Here is a pic if it helps though.

DSCF0131.jpg