Sign in to follow this  
manbeer

Spec sheet for poly's/carbon

I am considering a set of these to run in my front stage and have heard nothing but good about them, but haven't been able to find any specs. ESPECIALLY important is depth because i am working with limited room. If anyone know where i can get the specs or can post them up i would appreciate. thanks :)

Is there anywhere where I can see the full line? I'm going to be doing my front stage shortly.

can u run them in a 2 way active set up? i read about them way back but didnt know they had the news ones out.

how much are they?

they were meant to be run active :) :)

Aloha

Edited by yama168

can u run them in a 2 way active set up? i read about them way back but didnt know they had the news ones out.

how much are they?

you can run anything active.

Where are you located and I can get you a quote.

I plan on running mine active.

Brian

2 of them to 17847 (zip)

how much are they?

you can run anything active.

i know but im looking to do my first active system around xmas and i was just verifying. i remember reading about awhile back. reviews were pretty good. i see some other people on the forum running mach 5's 6.5" woofer. how do these stack up?

Of course they can be run active.

I've been running mine (carbon mids) active along side a set of Seas tweets for a couple months now. I love them...

I can throw some pictures up if you'd like and as already stated, the depth is about 3-1/4".

Edited by kbkid

sure id love to see some pics. my problem isn't depth. i took my stock 5.25 locations which was like a plastic pod/ tube extending from the door. i took .75" mdf and made an angled cut which allows me to install a 6.5 in woofer. the AA is 6.5" i believe? if u could take measurements, take a rough measurement at .75" below the mount. ill still buy them! ill just have to work something out. maybe an excuse to try some fiberglassing!

what should i look for as far as tweets? budget oriented options are appreciated.

It's a 7" driver...i've got the specs on my other computer i'll work on getting them to you tomorrow.

Thanks!

-Nick

thanks alot nick, id really appreciate the specs.

i can get a 7" in there no problem.

still waiting on the pricing. i remember all the great reviews of the old poly's. cant wait to get working on this.

zip is 17847

very nice tweet. ill keep it in mind. what kinda of power do u run to it.

currently i have a kx250.2 and im looking for another 2 channel of course.

when doin an active set up does it matter what amps u use. i have a site that i can get some pretty cheap kicker amps. but not sure if i can get another like i got...

selling mine and get a 4 channel is an option aswell.

Does your headunit have good processing ability? Or will you be using an external processor?

What headunit are you running? Lets start there.

I'm power the carbon mids and tweets both off of an Orion 8004, so they each get about 100 watts a piece. The gains are set pretty low right now so they may not even be seeing that much though.

still looking for the hu. leaning toward the Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS or the older model if i can find it... gota get closer to $300. alpine's hu is also an option. the idea is since i still live with the parents (freshman in college) i can have them get me the hu for xmas. and i can sell my old one and get the amp. sell my PG rsd's components have money towards speakers. etc....

i should be able to pull it off.

also buying myself some sound deadening for the doors... xmas/bday present to myself... lol

Sorry OP for getting offtopic, but yes the 800PRS would work perfectly, that is actually what I'm running.

I picked up an 880 off ebay for just over $200. Works great so far, but I haven't put it to the test.

thanks alot nick, id really appreciate the specs.

i can get a 7" in there no problem.

still waiting on the pricing. i remember all the great reviews of the old poly's. cant wait to get working on this.

zip is 17847

Nick is also your dealer. . .

I am going to run Morel MDT-12's with my 7" carbon fiber mids. . .

Brian

I picked up an 880 off ebay for just over $200. Works great so far, but I haven't put it to the test.

my parents are kinda put off by ebay so im trying to fine a good deal on an online store... ill work on that closer to xmas. maybe ill have them buy the speakers, amp, and deadening and ill go for hu...

either way its getting done.

Sign in to follow this