Sign in to follow this  
F-150 Murphy

Has any one ever?

Actually the rattle on the back of my old merc. mountaineer messed up the latch on the back hatch glass. It also made the sunroof jump off track. It was only a 144db

Only had the driver's window roll down during burps :P

But it's not a daily driven car. 145+

my trunk used to pop its self because of the pressure.

Also have a guy on post who rattled his tailights off.............then again when the fucker changed them out he didn't tighten the bolts so it its his fault neways.

J

Destroyed part of their car cause there stereo was to loud like your windows? how loud was you car at the time?

Nope.

Not that I know of, maybe a little damage to the sun roof on the old explorer a few years back.

I rattled a couple light bulbs in my tail light off once.

I've busted the windown out in my Silverado from the pressure...It was only doing 145dB, but I had windows rolled up on a long drive... :suicide-santa:

In my Sebring, the windshield flexes so bad with this 18" Nightshade with one of my SAZ 3000D's it knocked the whole mirror off the window...it fell and busted in a couple pieces...I need to order a new one now..and while during one of my burps, it knocked my sunroof off track at 151dB...but I got that fixed...

Fun times.. fing05.gif

Edited by WildSebring

In my old ranger my 2 solo x's rattled my back glass so bad that it broke the seals all the way around the window and it leaked horribly. Had to use a high grade epoxy to fix it because silicone wouldn't hold it at all. lol Never got the system metered.

my back glass started leaking through the rubber seal shortly after putting in my old setup.

don't know how loud it was no meter.

the back glass flexed alot though.

edit: since i don't know the output i guess i could give some info in its place

a 1991 tercel and it was two opti2000d's strapped to a tc3000 15" in the trunk.

Edited by stovebolt6

In my Sebring, the windshield flexes so bad with this 18" Nightshade with one of my SAZ 3000D's it knocked the whole mirror off the window...it fell and busted in a couple pieces...

I havn't had a rear view mirror in any of my stereo cars since 01 :)

my 05 mazda 6 I tore the metal clean off the car that held the lock mechanism on the hatch.. the metal tore, trunk was locked.. then it was open.. lock still locked/attached to the car :) 153db and alot of noise from the bystanders :)

wasn't that happy of a day for me... 800 for a new/used lid.

that's my worst damage... I've broke plenty of $h!t in my day :)

Nothin' impressive for me, busted the track on my zipper (the backpack) but thats it. My brothers poor Explorer Sport, oh god.... passenger door panel fell off, windows just lower them selves, shakes the mechanism so bad, back hatch keeps flipping open while driving, center roof console fell off (so funny, scared the hell out of me), mirror is coming off the passenger side door, and the one is coming off the windshield. And perhaps the strangest thing to me, my brother's subs wang so bad, they broke the ports (glued and then nailed on, later re-attached by way of screws). He only has a single RF amp. 1000wrms running to two L7 15's. I don't know how, I don't know why, but his stuff ALWAYS wangs way harder than it should. By example, he had three Memphis twelves, 800w each. He had that running off of a hifonics brutus 1000w amp. That made the back hatch leak. He cut two more holes into the box, (which was a half-hex box) and put two crossfire subs, 800w each, facing down into it. He ran it off of the same amp. That hit so hard, while parked in front of the garage, it shook the attic door in its place ( ~6ft above top of car). Just my little tidbit, as that same box, with the three twelves, started my love of bass. Whoa i typed alot, i need a nap... :coffee:

In my truck with that BTL18, my passenger window drops down about 1 inch, my tailgate handle quit, my front bumper has some sort of ringing effect to it. Granted, the previous system caused this but the BTL being actually louder exacerbates it.

My old 88 s-10 had the shell crack from the system, the sunroof broke, extra cab side window popped out at a show, ground effects loose, dash trouble, suspension & tranny problems. The stereo actually led to this truck being given away to someone who had to rebuild it because I couldn't fix it fast enough. 4 Stroker 18's tend to break things.

Edited by mdexxxiv

my friends rear view mirror broke off the glass and took a chunk of the glass with it and he only had 1 re sx and 1 lunar 1500 then, now hes just going to wait until he replaces his windshield