Duran

Custom SSA ICON 10's

Would 2 10" ICON's take 1500 watts daily? If not would it be possible to custom order one with some stiffer spiders or something? Amp is a Sundown SAZ-3000D, box will be ported (http://www.decware.com/whorn.htm).

Thanks Guys!

Duran

That's not a ported enclosure...if you're looking for a more SPL-oriented driver there are better options out there. I'd also look for ones with slightly higher Qts values than the Icon, as well.

1500/ea is deff pushing the limits and I wouldn't suggest it. The xcon on the other hand will take that power all day, but we are still about 4 months out on that line. Hope that helps.

I am feeding my Icon 10's well over 1200w rms each with no problems...but I do have

a clipp lite on my dash to ensure a clean signal....

As said above, that is a little bit above the limits of the Icon. You could use dual 2 ohm models and run the amplifier at 2 ohm mono and be with in limits of the Icon and still have plenty of output.

1500/ea is deff pushing the limits and I wouldn't suggest it. The xcon on the other hand will take that power all day, but we are still about 4 months out on that line. Hope that helps.

I can wait 4 months, I might have some custom Crossfire XS 10's built for me for $225 each, they will take twice that power too! I did the wrong link to the box though, I was thinking this one:http: //www.decware.com/newsite/invertedwedge.htm , or the one I mentioned before. Can anyone tell me their opinion on the Decwares boxes? What really makes it an SQ box? I have heard the wicked One in person, and it got VERY loud.

I think you should take a step back and let us know the goals of what you are trying to do. As an analogy for all we know you are asking if a Ferrari Enzo would make a good car for a babyseat.

I want to get loud and retain as much sound quality as I can, I have a great front stage to keep up with that power (Kicker SS Components), I will have proper electrical upgrades taken care of (Stinger batteries). I just wanted to know if iCON's would do well, or if I should go with someone else, because I already have the amp.

That's not a ported enclosure...if you're looking for a more SPL-oriented driver there are better options out there. I'd also look for ones with slightly higher Qts values than the Icon, as well.

What you recommend Jim?

I want to get loud and retain as much sound quality as I can, I have a great front stage to keep up with that power (Kicker SS Components),

So you don't want loud and you don't want SQ, you want in between? If you wanted SQ you wouldn't need much to keep up with the midbass on the SS comps...

I am feeding my Icon 10's well over 1200w rms each with no problems...but I do have

a clipp lite on my dash to ensure a clean signal....

clipp light? never heard of that.

I want to get loud and retain as much sound quality as I can, I have a great front stage to keep up with that power (Kicker SS Components),

So you don't want loud and you don't want SQ, you want in between? If you wanted SQ you wouldn't need much to keep up with the midbass on the SS comps...

So what are you saying? The SS comps aren't up to par?

SSA Icons are great subs, and they are up to par as a SQ sub, but they don't get the excursion you need for real SPL. Icon's don't have enough Xmas for high wattage unless you're happy with bottoming out. I abuse the ICON's I have that are custom and they are holding up very well as long as I don't abuse for long periods, but they aren't invincible. If you're into sound clarity, and still want to be loud grab an ICON, 1000w to each at 2ohms and you'd be a great match and give you quality and power, or if you're into pressure and air movement grab an SPL sub.

Excursion and decibel levels are not exactly hand in hard. There are some high excursion drivers that put up big numbers, and then look at some DD subs.

I can wait 4 months, I might have some custom Crossfire XS 10's built for me for $225 each, they will take twice that power too! I did the wrong link to the box though, I was thinking this one:http: //www.decware.com/newsite/invertedwedge.htm , or the one I mentioned before. Can anyone tell me their opinion on the Decwares boxes? What really makes it an SQ box? I have heard the wicked One in person, and it got VERY loud.

If you are going to spend that kinda $ get the X_CONS

If you are going to spend that kinda $ get the X_CONS

Wow this is an old threat :lol: I now have Nightshade 12's.