mwoehr

2 Fi SSD 12s Vs. 2 Kicker CVX 12s

I used to have a pair of Kicker CXV 12s sealed in 1.2 cubes each chamber powered off my JBL GTO 1201.1 II amp (puts out 1100 watts at 2 ohms) and they had a good amount of output and sounded ok but nothing spectacular. I know they would have sounded alot better with more power, like a SAZ 1500D. Which do you feel would get louder with the SAZ 1500D and the same sealed enclosure?

Edited by Jysoe

I used to have a pair of Kicker CXV 12s sealed in 1.2 cubes each chamber powered off my JBL GTO 1201.1 II amp (puts out 1100 watts at 2 ohms) and they had a good amount of output and sounded ok but nothing spectacular. I know they would have sounded alot better with more power, like a SAZ 1500D. Which do you feel would get louder with the SAZ 1500D and the same sealed enclosure?

id say drop tha kickers and go with 2 12 ssd's ull see a big dif

Well for starters, the CVX's aren't made for sealed enclosures. I don't think there would be much difference, the SSD's would be a tad but louder, but not enough to be worth it.

i rather have a sub that sounds better and just as loud, if not louder, then just loud and sloppy.

i was happy with my 12" ssd off 1000w in a ported box, havent heard cvx's but i've heard cvr's and well....i cant tell a difference in sq with any kicker sub......definitely go for ssd's.

Well for starters, the CVX's aren't made for sealed enclosures. I don't think there would be much difference, the SSD's would be a tad but louder, but not enough to be worth it.

I meant why was he bothering with sealed enclosures when bass reflex ones would be better suited for it :)

have you heard an ssd?

i know you own kickers.. and that maybe the reason you on the wagon....

i dont own ssd's

but i have heard a single 12 in a friends truck in a ported box..... it owns 2 cvr's

do da do da

id say drop THE kickers and go with 2 12 ssd's ull see a big dif

A difference how, better sq? More output? Both?

id say drop tha kickers and go with 2 12 ssd's ull see a big dif

A difference how, better sq? More output? Both?

ye both trust me

Why not ported?

I don't prefer ported setups. Ya see, to some people sealed sounds better than ported and vice versa.

well IMO it depends on the goal.

Actually the CV-X is supposed to have terrific SQ. Check out the charts in loyd's great 12 challenge over on ROA. on the other hand, the output wasn't that great. they were the antithesis of most kicker products

Why not ported?

I don't prefer ported setups. Ya see, to some people sealed sounds better than ported and vice versa.

I agree with you, but if you're looking for significantly more output and won't change, then adding more linear displacement is really your only option :)

Why not ported?

I agree with you, but if you're looking for significantly more output and won't change, then adding more linear displacement is really your only option :)

The SSDs have more displacement than the CVXs, correct?

Doubtful you'll hear a significant difference without doing something else, whether that is adding more power (and the SSD's would be better for that, with the options in coil material) or more woofers :)

i got one 12", flatwind, bp option, for sale. its been in the car and the home theater. in both applications, i have been extremely happy.

have you heard an ssd?

i dont own ssd's

but i have heard a single 12 in a friends truck in a ported box..... it owns 2 cvr's

do da do da

C'mon Jon, I know you are more knowledgeable than that. It is not easy to compare woofers and be unbiased. I'm not on the wagon, I just run them because I prefer the sound. If you aren't going to put more power to your subs, don't get SSD's they wont be worth it if you keep the same amp.

have you heard an ssd?

i dont own ssd's

do da do da

C'mon Jon, I know you are more knowledgeable than that. It is not easy to compare woofers and be unbiased. I'm not on the wagon, I just run them because I prefer the sound. If you aren't going to put more power to your subs, don't get SSD's they wont be worth it if you keep the same amp.

you may be the only person i have ever heard that enjoys the way comp VRs sound... but to each his own

have you heard an ssd?

i dont own ssd's

do da do da

you may be the only person i have ever heard that enjoys the way comp VRs sound... but to each his own

I agree with that 100% Ive found the perfect position in my car for them, and I love it.

You really, really need to explain what you currently have an issue with in your setup before even shopping. You are wasting a lot of time and what will be money if you go on like this.

You really, really need to explain what you currently have an issue with in your setup before even shopping. You are wasting a lot of time and what will be money if you go on like this.

Why do you always up up posting on one of my topics with something that has nothing to do with my topic? lol. I'm just curious about the way the SSDs sound compare to the CVXs because I used to own the CVXs. Nowhere does it say I'm going to run out and get either pair.

Why do you always up up posting on one of my topics with something that has nothing to do with my topic? lol. I'm just curious about the way the SSDs sound compare to the CVXs because I used to own the CVXs. Nowhere does it say I'm going to run out and get either pair.

Because your topics are not beneficial to the forum and you refuse to do what I have asked multiple times. Either explain yourself or stop asking.