mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

pick of the litter 2x4's aren't too bad.

They're ALL bad. If you want a TRUE square board, buy a choice 1x6 or 8 piece of pine or hardwood.

The edge just isn't to bad, but it dosen't matter I figured out a way to use the table saw.

I mean they are high output party speakers that are going to be knocked around just due to the shear size of them and the fact they will be moved alot. They might even end up down here in the shop too, who knows.

I wish people would spend as much time comparing reproduction of vocals & instruments as they do the bass. Really starting to irritate me.

No kidding. Describing the sound of the ICON was really challenging.

"Uh....it sounds like bass?" Most descriptions given to a subwoofer are directly related to the midbass and the enclosure.

some self proclamed experts over here are just plain idiots : "Alpine hasn't made anything worth the money" "Alpine has a real nasty sound"

Got my MAW 15's in, perfect shape from SSA shop none the less. I even got a business card from Aaron and stickers too! :woot:

Now that I see how truly big a 15" woofer is (I've only owned up to 12" woofer before), I'm beginning to question my sanity as wanting to put two of them in the basement is going to be ungodly amounts of overkill.

Pics will come later when I get more time.

Also got some Fostex FT17 tweets in too, very sexy.

Oh and a BIB that is 6'3" tall, 28.5" deep, and 19" wide is HUGE, I've got most of the wood cut (it takes 5 sheets total for a pair of them), I'm questioning my sanity more and more.

pucking work....i need to rant, and the hop will probably be the one to suffer

pucking work....i need to rant, and the hop will probably be the one to suffer

go for it

and Ryan.... i bet you can guess which smiley belongs here....

oh yea...i took the MCAT's last fall and never even bothered to look at my score as i knew i didn't do well and with my grades i'd never get in to med school anyway. So today i get an e-mail from a med school saying they saw my score and just wanted to let me know a little about their school. I wonder if they do this for everyone that takes the mcat or if i might actually have a shot? hate to get my hopes up for a letter that they sent to anyone that took the mcat

work....

ok so we all know i work chitty retail and that my manager and i have some fudgeed up history.

well today i come in a few minutes late(a few minutes after opening) and head straight to the fitting room, there's some clothes laying in the go-backs so i run them. My store manager(not the one i have history with) sees me and asks where i got the clothes. I told her someone had obviously tried them on and left them in the fitting room, only 2 items no big deal.

So, she informs me that nobody has been in the store yet, they must have been left by whoever closed last night. Now the store manager loves, and i do mean LOVES to jump on manager2(the one i kinda dated). So when manager2 comes in she gets chewed out by store manager for not doing her job. But she tells manager2 that i brought the clothes to her and told on manager2. Since i did this obviously the store manager had to jump on manager2.

so now on top of all the other reasons that manager2 has to be pissy with me she now thinks i give enough of a damn to actually tattle tale and she was a total bitch to me for the rest of the evening. She even had other employees giving me chit.

Finally at 5:55 i clock out for the day, 5min early but that's no big deal and usually preferred so that we don't get time clock violations. As i'm walking out the door manager2 stops me to tell me that she doesn't care if i clock out early but from now on i need to ask her first. Note that she did this to try to humiliate me in front of employees as she had nothing better to jump on me for. I started to tell her the truth about what happened earlier but figured fudge it, let her be the child. I laughed at her and walked out the door.

so i'm just pissed, i really don't care about the job or getting fired but i know this chit is only going to get worse and i refuse to be forced out of my job. I figure i'll have a sit down with one of the other managers (he's more like the store manager in that he actually knows what he's doing).

pucking people , send me the wrong damn thing then expect me to pay to ship it back . Not in this lifetime mutha trucka :(

I'll pay for the tow truck it's gonna take to pull my foot out of your ass :o

I'll pay for the tow truck it's gonna take to pull my foot out of your ass :o

You must have one large, heavy foot.

I pucking hate this table saw at work.

I wish people would spend as much time comparing reproduction of vocals & instruments as they do the bass. Really starting to irritate me.

eff the bass, sometimes I want to pull my sub out so I can say I don't have any just for that reason

work....

ok so we all know i work chitty retail and that my manager and i have some fudgeed up history.

well today i come in a few minutes late(a few minutes after opening) and head straight to the fitting room, there's some clothes laying in the go-backs so i run them. My store manager(not the one i have history with) sees me and asks where i got the clothes. I told her someone had obviously tried them on and left them in the fitting room, only 2 items no big deal.

So, she informs me that nobody has been in the store yet, they must have been left by whoever closed last night. Now the store manager loves, and i do mean LOVES to jump on manager2(the one i kinda dated). So when manager2 comes in she gets chewed out by store manager for not doing her job. But she tells manager2 that i brought the clothes to her and told on manager2. Since i did this obviously the store manager had to jump on manager2.

so now on top of all the other reasons that manager2 has to be pissy with me she now thinks i give enough of a damn to actually tattle tale and she was a total bitch to me for the rest of the evening. She even had other employees giving me chit.

Finally at 5:55 i clock out for the day, 5min early but that's no big deal and usually preferred so that we don't get time clock violations. As i'm walking out the door manager2 stops me to tell me that she doesn't care if i clock out early but from now on i need to ask her first. Note that she did this to try to humiliate me in front of employees as she had nothing better to jump on me for. I started to tell her the truth about what happened earlier but figured fudge it, let her be the child. I laughed at her and walked out the door.

so i'm just pissed, i really don't care about the job or getting fired but i know this chit is only going to get worse and i refuse to be forced out of my job. I figure i'll have a sit down with one of the other managers (he's more like the store manager in that he actually knows what he's doing).

Sounds to me like you are being sexually harassed. The manager should have known better than to expose the company ink, seems to me in this case she should be kissing your ass not the other way around. Scary thing is its probably her career and a job for you in college. Laugh it off.

eff the bass, sometimes I want to pull my sub out so I can say I don't have any just for that reason

If I wouldn't use the Maggies for movies, I wouldn't have a sub setup with them. But since I am using them for movies in addition to music...

thanks sean, that's exactly what i plan to do for the most part, it just pisses me off.

I seriously need some shit to break.

Does anyone have any clue where to run power wire through a fire wall in an 02 accord? I am having hell w/ it. Its a whole different world then wiring the Chevy.

I see James is awake with me.

I wish I could turn off brain activity at the flip of a switch.

Oh wait I can do that, just don't have any. :(