mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I know how you feel man. makes me feel bad when I take someone fishing and they don't catch anything :(

I hate being the guy that gets drafted into fishing and ends up catching nothing. :)

I know how you feel man. makes me feel bad when I take someone fishing and they don't catch anything :(

It is hard too as if they can't cast where you tell them, they can't put the right action on the baits, and the last thing I want to do is boat 10 and have them 0 out. The other way around would actually be fine to me, I don't mind if I don't catch if they are having a blast. I can fish vicariously through others. Now if I am fishing with someone who can fish, the story will flip. In that case, I want to outfish them :D

Around here if you go to the lake ( smith mountain lake ) catch a fish and you are swarmed by boats, and four billion questions asking what bait you are using :(

alright, quick question. I'm using this o-scope

http://cgi.ebay.com/HPS10SE-PERSONAL-SCOPE...VQQcmdZViewItem

when I'm setting the gains, I'm just using the 'AUTO' function, is this okay? My question is, when I'm turning the gains up, the screen auto adjusts so that it can fit the entire sine wave in the picture. What worries me is I read that whenever the tops and bottoms of the wave are cut off by the screen, that means the signal is clipping, is this true?

-John

It is hard too as if they can't cast where you tell them, they can't put the right action on the baits, and the last thing I want to do is boat 10 and have them 0 out. The other way around would actually be fine to me, I don't mind if I don't catch if they are having a blast. I can fish vicariously through others. Now if I am fishing with someone who can fish, the story will flip. In that case, I want to outfish them :D

i could care less if i'm outfished, lol. even if a last minute draftee, i just like to go for the hell of it. catching fish is an after thought, just being out on a lake wqith a good friend and a beer, that's all i need. of course it doesn't hurt to catch a few, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Is clipping when the wave goes flat like a plateau?

I need to get this figured out ASAP cause my truck is torn apart with the windows down :P

-John

alright, here's a pic of the o-scope screen.

IMG_0268.jpg

that's tuned conservatively at the volume that I usually 'bump' at. Now is that 4th number 15.93V the voltage of the output? Like is that the number that I need to get to 31.6 like the DMM techinque? if so, I'm way undertuned...

when I keep turning the volume up, the sub gets louder and louder but never sounds like crap... I just can't stand how loud it is with the rest of the music. Maybe you can't reach the full potential of the woofer without either losing your hearing from the rest of the system, or having a higher output headunit?

the ICON is finally starting to move like in the videos on their website, so maybe I just need to quit being a pansy and turn it up...? I feel bad cranking the gains so high, but then again if the input voltage is low (.4V) then that would explain the high gain settings.

what do you guys think?

-John

is that in that country that had a nuclear disaster and has been abandoned since '86?

-John

is that in that country that had a nuclear disaster and has been abandoned since '86?

-John

1. I have no idea where that is

2. I assume you're speaking of Chernobyl

3. Russia has not been abandoned

-John

1. I have no idea where that is

2. I assume you're speaking of Chernobyl

3. Russia has not been abandoned

haha I meant that area, I think it was 30 square miles... I read an article about it in Time magazine at the dentist today

-John

Funnies of my day:

My girlfriend's house is getting fumigated. Her dad (an old Vietnamese man) told her to bag up her computer because it might get a virus from the fumigation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20107032/

Click the launch button under the video on the right. You can watch the whole thing to get the background story or skip to around 4:45 for the good part. Watch it till the end.

I think I'm done with car audio. I haven't even put 400 miles on my car in 3 years. Why? Because it's been torn apart hundreds of times just to install audio gear. Fuck this shit. I'm putting the tires on that bitch tomorrow and making some smoky videos.

if ppl don't start talkin, i'm gonna start whorin

fudge fudge fudge

i need a beer

i am definitely buying a 12pack of beer tomorrow.

btw i came home to a cradle with welded motor mounts :woot:

so i guess i'll buy two 12packs, one for me, one for the cousin.

i am definitely buying a 12pack of beer tomorrow.

btw i came home to a cradle with welded motor mounts :woot:

so i guess i'll buy two 12packs, one for me, one for the cousin.

sweeeet

and i haven't forgotten about your pics, but it was dark when i got back today. Tomorrow i'll hopefully have a pic of the 3800 actually mounted to the cradle

i'm getting depressed, even though today was a pretty damn good day.

i'm going to bed, goodnight hop.