mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity.

Calculate what we will or will not tolerate.

Desperate to control all and everything.

Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen.

alright, here's a pic of the o-scope screen.

IMG_0268.jpg

that's tuned conservatively at the volume that I usually 'bump' at. Now is that 4th number 15.93V the voltage of the output? Like is that the number that I need to get to 31.6 like the DMM techinque? if so, I'm way undertuned...

when I keep turning the volume up, the sub gets louder and louder but never sounds like crap... I just can't stand how loud it is with the rest of the music. Maybe you can't reach the full potential of the woofer without either losing your hearing from the rest of the system, or having a higher output headunit?

the ICON is finally starting to move like in the videos on their website, so maybe I just need to quit being a pansy and turn it up...? I feel bad cranking the gains so high, but then again if the input voltage is low (.4V) then that would explain the high gain settings.

what do you guys think?

-John

looks ok to me. i'll look for a picture of a clipped signal :)

turn them up untill it clips...don't be afraid...

time to go take some progress pics of the fiero.

that's correct, and depending on the resolution of your screen that signal you posted MAY be clipping slightly, look at the peaks, they are slightly flat. If you turn it up a little more and notice they get flatter, just start turning it down until they are all nice and smooth again

that's correct, and depending on the resolution of your screen that signal you posted MAY be clipping slightly, look at the peaks, they are slightly flat. If you turn it up a little more and notice they get flatter, just start turning it down until they are all nice and smooth again

see, they never really get flat, I think that's just too few pixels on the screen. I'll just turn it up until I see obvious clipping, then turn it down conservatively because it's loud enough right now honestly and it's probably only seeing 400-600watts. I'm going to try the rear RCA outputs on the harness instead of the fronts and see if I can get a higher value than .4V for output voltage...

-John

Edited by ILuvJDM

Around here if you go to the lake ( smith mountain lake ) catch a fish and you are swarmed by boats, and four billion questions asking what bait you are using :(

My favorite reply when people ask me if I am catching anything is to say, yep a few bullheads.

see, they never really get flat, I think that's just too few pixels on the screen. I'll just turn it up until I see obvious clipping, then turn it down conservatively because it's loud enough right now honestly and it's probably only seeing 400-600watts. I'm going to try the rear RCA outputs on the harness instead of the fronts and see if I can get a higher value than .4V for output voltage...

-John

Testing with a higher frequency is easier to see the clipping with as the peak will be shorter, unless of course that o'scope automatically scales in the time domain as well.

Testing with a higher frequency is easier to see the clipping with as the peak will be shorter, unless of course that o'scope automatically scales in the time domain as well.

I think it does, is that bad?

-John

I think it does, is that bad?

-John

assuming this is ok, I got the gains set. I finally saw clipping and damn is this loud. My roof was making a crazy loud metal sound on the test tone, but it's normal with music. I guess the constant noise builds up a frequency that makes everything shake vigorously

-John

i finally got some coil stink from the Q last night. I was playing dmb when the world ends remix (it's pretty much constant low notes) and by the end of the song i could smell a little vc. Probably the first time it's actually been beat on.

Going on a random road trip to a gun store with the roomie. :)

this is bad:

Picture_007.sized.jpg

Yes hotlinking is bad when the host doesn't allow it and you get an ad from them instead.

Anywho, can i get some waffles up in dis bish?

this is bad:

Picture_007.sized.jpg

Yes hotlinking is bad when the host doesn't allow it and you get an ad from them instead.

that pic doesn't show up? hm, works for me

this is bad:

Picture_007.sized.jpg

that pic doesn't show up? hm, works for me

Thats because its cached on your machine n00b :P

After I pasted the link in my browser it shows for me as well. Anyone who hasn't yet gone directly to the image will see an ad instead.

is that in that country that had a nuclear disaster and has been abandoned since '86?

-John

1. I have no idea where that is

2. I assume you're speaking of Chernobyl

3. Russia has not been abandoned

Chernobyl is in the Ukraine.

Going on a random road trip to a gun store with the roomie. :)

yeah I came home tonight to see pieces of what look like an ak47 disassembled, just laying out in the middle of the floor. I was like "wtf is this?"

BTW I've been picking up lollapalooza on xm radio and last nights performance sucked but today is much better. I listened to Ben Harper earlier and now I'm listening to Pete Yorn interview. I have muse being recorded at 8:30. <3333 XM

i need some $$$ so i can finish up the fiero

Killed three racoons last night.

Shot two with the .22 and I beat the shit out of the other one with a 2x4 after putting four BB's in it.

Don't want them anywhere near my dogs or neighbors little kids.

wow...after you were done with the 2x4 did you punch it just for good measure?

i probably would have, and then talked smack