mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

well I was standing on the corner sellin' rap cds

when I met a little girl named Jan

I let her ride in my caddy

because I didnt know her daddy was the leader of the ku klux klan

I'm still amazed how much a 10 dollar coffee grinder, an 8 dollar egg skillet, and just a drop of elbow grease makes. Mmmmm, real cumin and coriander...mmm

Pretty much the only reason for the $10 grinder, it does great with spices but not so much with the coffee.

Probably, I bought it exclusively for spices. Cannot stand coffee in any form myself...

no way in hell I'm ponying up the $$$ for a burr grinder just for spices :lol2:

and on exxon care to share?

Congress was really giving it to them. One congress woman would not even listen to what the Exxon VP had to say. Their argument is that the company is making 40+ billion dollars and should lower their gas prices. Exxon countered that the amount they are making hasn't changed, but that the reason the price is going up is because crude oil has been going up (which is true). Still, the congress was convinced that Exxon should be willing to take a cut in their profits in order to help consumers out.

I understand congress' argument, but I think it is Exxon's right to free enterprise and capitalism...if the consumers are tired of paying for gas at that price, they need to stop buying it.

I'm tired of seeing kerf cutting on sub boxes, I would like to see someone do steam bending and glue laminate curves.

and on exxon care to share?

Congress was really giving it to them. One congress woman would not even listen to what the Exxon VP had to say. Their argument is that the company is making 40+ billion dollars and should lower their gas prices. Exxon countered that the amount they are making hasn't changed, but that the reason the price is going up is because crude oil has been going up (which is true). Still, the congress was convinced that Exxon should be willing to take a cut in their profits in order to help consumers out.

I understand congress' argument, but I think it is Exxon's right to free enterprise and capitalism...if the consumers are tired of paying for gas at that price, they need to stop buying it.

Was talking to a lady I know that works for Exxon and she told me that exxon actually makes a very small amount of money off of gasoline. She told me if people wanted to attack a corporation they should go after Valero, who is one of the biggest gas maker around. Exxon makes more money off there chemical side. So, if you want to bitch at Exxon about something. Bitch about how the cost of tires is increasing.

*Just woke up 6 AM post* dunno how coherent my thoughts are

I'm tired of seeing kerf cutting on sub boxes, I would like to see someone do steam bending and glue laminate curves.

*springs wood

Screw that , I want to see someone carve some flared ports out of solid granite. :)

I feel another fishing trip coming on tomorrow :)

Me too :) Although mine will be short as I cannot catch bass until Saturday. I suppose I will throw for some pike though as at this time of the year they are rather fun.

The main lake is up to 59 degrees, normally bass opener is after spawn...obviously not this year although there are bays where it will be warmer.

Glad we don't have seasons. Of course I could deal with a catch and release only season like they are proposing here. Wouldn't bother me in the least. :)

Water was 62 degrees last Friday. Smallies were just finishing spawning and are starting to go into "Dinner time" mode :D Saw lots of empty beds, and a couple with females still lingering. I tore them up with a suspending minnow all day long without going near the beds. Gonna try some top water sight fishing this afternoon hoping they are in full swing :)

apparently this MB has pretty good onboard audio, but anytime i'm on a computer i don't care about SQ, just want background noise

All of the music in the house (except Cable TV music) is on the pc only.

Did you set it up for every room?

I am thinking about piping the sound to cheep satelite pc's in the rooms I will have audio and integrating sound into those rooms, and I'm looking for different ideas on how to do it.

I have half of the wires pulled, but am waiting for ceiling speakers for the living room, dining room, master & master bath before finishing.

Do you use an independant source for each room?

I'm thinking about putting up a "station"(read super cheep PC to play music only) in each room so that different rooms can pull different audio from the main HT pc/server. Then I woould use a stand alone amp and pair of speakers in every room.

I haven't bought the control system yet, but will probably buy this:

http://www.htd.com/whole-house-audio/midle...34Pa38Ta38Rbhj0

It allows the use of external amplifiers, is computer controllable (convenient when that is your source), and has multiple inputs/zones. I really only need two zones, but this will allow that completely and it is rather modestly priced.

That is pretty nice. If it can have all rooms use the pc as a source/server that will be my machine too.

I just got vista on the machine, and without even having internet for the new drivers and the gfx card not booted and ready to go it self rated the machine at top levels for everything save graphix acceleration. I'm pee my pants excited to do some trials and play some games on that bad boy. I might even get a nice copy of maya to play with. =) also, the new raid x system is pretty dang awesome so far. anyone wanting both a stripe and a mirror function, I would go this way in a heart beat.

I feel another fishing trip coming on tomorrow :)

Me too :) Although mine will be short as I cannot catch bass until Saturday. I suppose I will throw for some pike though as at this time of the year they are rather fun.

The main lake is up to 59 degrees, normally bass opener is after spawn...obviously not this year although there are bays where it will be warmer.

Glad we don't have seasons. Of course I could deal with a catch and release only season like they are proposing here. Wouldn't bother me in the least. :)

Water was 62 degrees last Friday. Smallies were just finishing spawning and are starting to go into "Dinner time" mode :D Saw lots of empty beds, and a couple with females still lingering. I tore them up with a suspending minnow all day long without going near the beds. Gonna try some top water sight fishing this afternoon hoping they are in full swing :)

WI has a catch release early season so of course, I drive to go hit the lakes there but this year with the boat for sale/shopping for a new one trying to get moved in I didn't have time. I guess luckily it was a cold spring so I didn't really miss that much. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 75 with a big front moving in on Sunday, the first of the fronts really for the year so I am hoping for a little hot fuck action on the lake.

What are you throwing on top this time of year?

<-- absolutely loves spook fishing

What are you throwing on top this time of year?

Ghost or white Zara spooks , or chug bugs. I have a couple lucky craft g splash's that I got for Christmas i'm going try out today :)

Someone spends money on Xmas, they don't give the LC stuff away. :)

Regularly here the frog/perch colors are better than white add black for severe overcast/night/later in the year and you have my full color collection of spooks. I hope there is a little chop so I can throw the big one :)

Very curious how you like the G Splash's as I haven't owned up to spending the dough on any yet. Good bait to do it to as you can almost always get a topwater back.

I hear ya. I woud hate to have to go to a musky with a paddle. But if a $20 bait is at risk, you never know :)

Unluckily all Muskie baits are $20+

Unluckily all Muskie baits are $20+

I have only caught one while actually fishing for them. Caught several others attached to halfs of smallmouths and bluegills though :D

A man died and went to Heaven. As he stood in front of the Pearly

Gates,

he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, "What are all those

clocks?"

St. Peter answered, "Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone on earth has a

Lie-Clock. Every time you lie, the hands on your clock move."

"Oh," said the man. Whose clock is that?" "That's Mother Teresa's,"

replied St. Peter. "The hands have never moved, indicating that she

never told a lie."

"Incredible," said the man. "And whose clock is that one?" St. Peter

responded, "That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved twice,

telling us that Abraham told only two lies in his entire life."

"Where's Hillary's clock?" asked the man.

"Hillary's clock is in Jesus' office. He's using it as a ceiling fan."