mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

just read nearly 30 pages of hop, I've got a migraine and I am completely confused, popped some hydro/flexx and I'm passing out now ;p

Brain failing now :Doh:

Silly people sleeping!

Some quick points as I spent too much time trying to catch up:

Terps won!!!!, we won my soccer game last night, brain numb from 3 intense days of full tilt studying for a certification exam, need to get off of here and run to the gym real quick, but enjoying listening to M1live and decompressing from studying.

• Congrats caligreen,
  • Welcome to SSA Tiffany, and glad you are not scared off by us old horny men ;)
  • Kent thanks for refreshing the spam rules, I have no bugaboo with some postwhoring, just like to know where it starts and stops :)
  • Tom, love that dual boosted pictures :)
  • Sean, just put a full set of Yoko AvidV4s's on the 528i, measureable improvement in a few areas over the Goodyears that just came off. But I need to get new rear rotors and pads. So :) -> :(
  • Audio-neon, glad your computer is allowing you back :)
  • Ryan, excellent post (in green) need to show it to my wife, seeing that I am a '77 and she is an '80. I was alive when Elvis was still kicking, and born under the Carter administration, was brought home from the hospital in a light blue '73 Bug.

Pads and Rotors from Zeckhausen. The Axxis Deluxe stop the dusting problem and he should have some cheap rotors. It's a bm'er so they are ultra easy to slap on.

Just checked and their price on the stop tech slotted rotors are not bad. But then I would need to do all 4 instead of just 2.

i like michelins, they have always proven to be the quietest and most comfortable tires made for my car, and very durable. i've mounted a couple ps a/s on wheels and they're damn stiff tires, really well made. you could always say fuck being practical and get yourself some toyo ra1's or ps cups :D

I don't like the way Michelin's break loose, not very predictable compared to other tires.

Thinking about picking this up for a DD. They'll have to come down about $1500 though.

Why a fake Mark 8 when for the same price you can get the real deal?

It's not really in the same league as the Lincoln, but I'll break it down for you.

1. It's cheap. Insurance and repair costs will be less on the Buick

2. Better mileage.

3. More room, bigger trunk.

4. Better in the winter months.

5. The 3800 series engines are one of the few things GM got right. I've had several of these and they are damn near indestructible.

6. It's cheap.

Damn air suspension. If it weren't for that I'd be surprised on the repairs, but that is a big fucker. Insurance was high on mine now that I think about it.

Mileage is a new one, I was always shocked at how good the Mark 8's were. Both of mine averaged 24+ on the highway. In town not so much, but I bought them to go down the road as it was during a time when 60,000mi/yr was a low year for me.

4.6 DOHC >> 3.8

Hard to argue with the "it's cheap" as it is a lot of car for $4k. I just have to rib you though as out of all people buying a GM I didn't think it would be you.

I'm sorry, I should have worded it better. They should have originally price it at $4K, and I'll deal from there. I wouldn't pay 4K for that thing.

I've owned quite a bit of GM products in the past. Granted 90% of them were winter beaters, but most were cheap as I got a new beater every year, and well, maintaining the 3800 is damn near as cheap as a 350. There just so many of them out there that parts are readily available anywhere and at value prices. When I say cheap, I am talking the grand scheme of things. Hell, just mentioning the word Lincoln automatically jacks the price up. We all know it's a glorified Mercury, but they still find suit to charge for it.

If I wanted to spend $3k a year on insurance, I'd be driving a fine German automobile.

My M5 is $42/month btw.

Some quick points as I spent too much time trying to catch up:

Terps won!!!!, we won my soccer game last night, brain numb from 3 intense days of full tilt studying for a certification exam, need to get off of here and run to the gym real quick, but enjoying listening to M1live and decompressing from studying.

• Congrats caligreen,
  • Welcome to SSA Tiffany, and glad you are not scared off by us old horny men ;)
  • Kent thanks for refreshing the spam rules, I have no bugaboo with some postwhoring, just like to know where it starts and stops :)
  • Tom, love that dual boosted pictures :)
  • Sean, just put a full set of Yoko AvidV4s's on the 528i, measureable improvement in a few areas over the Goodyears that just came off. But I need to get new rear rotors and pads. So :) -> :(
  • Audio-neon, glad your computer is allowing you back :)
  • Ryan, excellent post (in green) need to show it to my wife, seeing that I am a '77 and she is an '80. I was alive when Elvis was still kicking, and born under the Carter administration, was brought home from the hospital in a light blue '73 Bug.

Pads and Rotors from Zeckhausen. The Axxis Deluxe stop the dusting problem and he should have some cheap rotors. It's a bm'er so they are ultra easy to slap on.

Just checked and their price on the stop tech slotted rotors are not bad. But then I would need to do all 4 instead of just 2.

I wouldn't spend the money on the slots, just get the cheapies. Not like you regularly run into fading situations in your DD.

Thanks to some turkeys I now have 4 deep scratches on the roof of the heep. All the way down to metal :(

hunt them down and eat them, turkeys are really annoying birds (though not as mean as geese).

:biggun:

Used to have geese,..those little suckers would ATTACK me!!! ...

It hurt when they pecked at my legs >_< ,...little buggers,

When I was a young pup of about 3 years old I was attacked by a flock of geese. I was physically and emotionally scarred for many years.....

Chillin in a hotel room in Wichita, teh woman is in the shower. :)

Thanks to some turkeys I now have 4 deep scratches on the roof of the heep. All the way down to metal :(

hunt them down and eat them, turkeys are really annoying birds (though not as mean as geese).

:biggun:

Used to have geese,..those little suckers would ATTACK me!!! ...

It hurt when they pecked at my legs >_< ,...little buggers,

When I was a young pup of about 3 years old I was attacked by a flock of geese. I was physically and emotionally scarred for many years.....

Things can be worse, you could have been attacked by a chicken :lol:

http://www.noob.us/humor/karate-kid-vs-chicken/

That is hilarious, Adrian. That kids face when he sees that chicken coming!

My M5 is $42/month btw.

I was quoted $3200/year on the '03 M3, and $2800 on the '01 CLK55. That's just absurd.

My M5 is $42/month btw.

I was quoted $3200/year on the '03 M3, and $2800 on the '01 CLK55. That's just absurd.

Good Lord. That's insane.

MY POS '07 G35 broke down on me AGAIN last night, leaving me stranded on a packed highway with a shoulder that was narrower than the car. Inifiniti roadside is failsauce and started to send a tow truck to my house, until i called them 20 mins later to ask why they didn't need my location

After another 20 mins of running them running around back and forth they said they couldn't send a driver cause i was on a parkway where only one company can tow

I started screaming at the operator about how the car was the biggest piece of garbage ever, they were idiots, people were swerving around me to try not to hit and they just wasted almost an hour of my time leaving me in a precarious position and on top if that i was squeezing my dick so i didn't piss my pants but there was no room for me to get out of the car

Anyway, long story short, tow guy that I called gets there, we go to gas station thinking it might be a bad sending unit and i was out of gas. not the case. had it towed to my "local dealer" still 60 miles from home

At the end of the night i had to pay 380 for towing and 45 dollar tip on top of that. Now who knows whats wrong. I think the last dealer who replaced the IPDM (fuse/relay assy) due to water damage didn't cover it up right cause there were traces of corrosion and rust on and around all the fuses and relays

I am SO angry right now

I hate Nissan products, this and my maxima were the least reliable cars i ever owned out of more than a dozen. Going back to the germans after this

*smacks bassahaulic for no real particular reason*

:glare:

friendly smack, mind you

MY POS '07 G35 broke down on me AGAIN last night, leaving me stranded on a packed highway with a shoulder that was narrower than the car. Inifiniti roadside is failsauce and started to send a tow truck to my house, until i called them 20 mins later to ask why they didn't need my location

After another 20 mins of running them running around back and forth they said they couldn't send a driver cause i was on a parkway where only one company can tow

I started screaming at the operator about how the car was the biggest piece of garbage ever, they were idiots, people were swerving around me to try not to hit and they just wasted almost an hour of my time leaving me in a precarious position and on top if that i was squeezing my dick so i didn't piss my pants but there was no room for me to get out of the car

Anyway, long story short, tow guy that I called gets there, we go to gas station thinking it might be a bad sending unit and i was out of gas. not the case. had it towed to my "local dealer" still 60 miles from home

At the end of the night i had to pay 380 for towing and 45 dollar tip on top of that. Now who knows whats wrong. I think the last dealer who replaced the IPDM (fuse/relay assy) due to water damage didn't cover it up right cause there were traces of corrosion and rust on and around all the fuses and relays

I am SO angry right now

I hate Nissan products, this and my maxima were the least reliable cars i ever owned out of more than a dozen. Going back to the germans after this

That suck man. :( Sounds like you have the same luck with cars that I do!

watched Twilight this morning; decent enough, not nearly worth the hype (nothing ever is), would be a lot better if the main actor would stop looking like he was going to cry and the main actress would stop looking painfully constipated all the time though....

oh, and as to that new toy I mentioned last week....

Woot!! That happened sooner than I expected. :)

The plan is to tear the car apart at the beginning of the summer and have it done by the end of it

Josh's might be done by then

what's the current status of that?

He had to pull the motor 3 different times and finally has that mess worked out.

The headliner is in, he is finishing the deadening and window adjustments this weekend. In a couple weeks it goes back to the paint booth to re-do what isn't perfect. And it should be driving on the road here in a few weeks.

I gave up helping since it seemed like he would only work when I came over. He finally got over that and attacked it, so it might actually get finished.

wow, hopefully it'll be done soon

Chillin in a hotel room in Wichita, teh woman is in the shower. :)

I'll be there Monday night :)

My M5 is $42/month btw.

The M3 has the Corvette problem in that they get crashed. The M5 doesn't so it is way cheaper to insure.

The S6 was going to be $75 or so per month and that was a 2007. I would guess that generically Minneapolis should be worse than where you live, but I am in probably a better age bracket.

I am SO angry right now

Boo Infinishit

oh, and as to that new toy I mentioned last week....

Woot!! That happened sooner than I expected. :)

The plan is to tear the car apart at the beginning of the summer and have it done by the end of it

Josh's might be done by then

what's the current status of that?

He had to pull the motor 3 different times and finally has that mess worked out.

The headliner is in, he is finishing the deadening and window adjustments this weekend. In a couple weeks it goes back to the paint booth to re-do what isn't perfect. And it should be driving on the road here in a few weeks.

I gave up helping since it seemed like he would only work when I came over. He finally got over that and attacked it, so it might actually get finished.

wow, hopefully it'll be done soon

He is really particular, so hopefully it will be driveable soon. Finished is at least a year away. Take notes, don't do everything at once. The way you are building yours makes WAY more sense to me. :)

I am SO angry right now

Boo Infinishit

sry to hear that man!

what year max did you have?