mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I finally have a buyer for the Hifonics Thor and I feel a bit stressed out about the sale, even though the amp is tested and is in perfect working condition.

Leaving for St.Louis Thursday for the Haunt convention and visiting an awesome Haunted House called The Darkness. Does anybody know of what there is to see in the St.Louis area?

Anybody??

T.O.P.

:nutkick:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Also might try looking into CZ pistols if you want a full steel frame handgun. The CZ-97 is a double stack .45ACP that is a heck of a gun for the price and pretty darn accurate too. The CZ-75 you can get in 9/.40 and is also suppose to be a very good gun too.

I'll agree with you Kent on wanting a SIG 220, but playing with one when I bought my CZ; for 300$ more on a used gun, it was nicer, but nowhere near that nice...

if the ergos fit, get it! it's a fine duty weapon....

as with most duty weapons, don't expect stellar accuracy. you'll get good, but not great.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

No disrespect to you Kent, but no need for a high accuracy duty weapon, it seems like a lot of LEOs can't shoot all that well anyways...

*edit* Most people can't shoot well with a handgun anyways...

I want some more range time to play with my toys now.......

If anyone has some experience with paypal :

Is there any chance of getting screwed over on a sale if I have proof the product is not doa and I have tracking numbers ?

I spy ray and caligreen, so I'll ask this: Anything wrong with the Springfield XD's at all? Father is looking at the Tactical in .45ACP

does he have big hands? if so, he might no like the grip, trigger reach is way short. the m version addresses that with a modular backstrap, ala m&p, h&k and others. otherwise, as ryan2 said, nothing wrong with them. based off the glock patents, they are extremely reliable, at least from what i've seen.

i don't like them due to the trigger reach, i feel like i'm palming the gun istead of gripping it. however, i am thinking about one for the wife in .45.

others to look at...

glock 21 and 21sf. the sf stands for slim frame and it's all about a slightly shorter trigger reach and overall grip dimensions compared to the standard g21. g21sf also gives you an ambi mag release, which is worth about +1billion. i love my g21sf.

fn 45...14+1 capacity, decocker and alll that jazz. a great gun thati'm thinking i might grab as my next 45.

s&w m&p, modular backstrap, very reliable, and not as blocky as most. great shooter, it's on my must have list.

there are othes, but price starts going up from those listed polymers...i want a sig p220 SAO, but $$$ says no,lol. of course any good 1911, no kimbers!!, should always be on the short list!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'm with ray on this one, you'll be hard pressed to find problems with any of the polymer frame service pistols, it really comes down to personal preference. i've been playing with the g21sf for the last couple weeks and it is a very functional weapon, just not my style. i do like the overall simplicity of the glocks though, no safeties, de-cockers, hammers, etc. if your dad is like mine, he won't have time to practice a lot and just needs a firearm that will go off in the event he has to pull the trigger.

CIMG0010-1.jpg

oh yeah, the 21sf with the glock rail has a right handed mag release only (see picture), so like ray said if you want the ambi release make sure you're looking at the correct model.

Just had some good old healthy Chinese food.

Man, I miss having chinese.

In other news wifey broke passenger sun visor on the car. :(

Huh, no chinese in MD?

Huh, how'd she managed teh smoothness?

There are plenty of Chinese in the area, I am just trying to help the wifey with a fairly strict diet. As for teh smoothness, she needs better sun glasses, so in the mean time in the mornings she swings the visor all over the place as we make turns. And yesterday she, in her not always graceful manner, hit the clip a little to hard. Ehh, no biggy, Bavauto.com has the clip for $1.95, and it gives me an excuse to buy a permenant airfilter when I order the piece. :)

sounds like MN weather.

except we have a chance there won't be snow

why do you have poor food selections in Kansas?

Because its Kansas... There are some really good places to eat in the state, you just have to know where the little hole in the walls are, but there are plenty of 'restaurant in a box' places if you like that (Applebees, Old Chicago, etc, etc), but I can eat those anywhere...

The brewery that is in Old Town serves some pretty decent beer I think, but haven't really tried to many restaurants that I could rave about in Wichita, I know the woman realllllllly loves the sushi at Sumo's there in town.

Course then in my opinion there is no place to get excellent food here in Manhattan either, all we have is choke-n-pukes and typical chains.

I am not so interested in Sushi in a town this blue collar.

podunk sushi ftl, great way to get sick.

Sort of like average CA sushi...so prevalent the fuckers don't even care if its old anymore

Almost gym time. Just in time for brain failure. -_-

I spy ray and caligreen, so I'll ask this: Anything wrong with the Springfield XD's at all? Father is looking at the Tactical in .45ACP

I love the xd

It's not as good as my 1911. But nothing will be as I am biased. It changes weight drasticaly from full clip to 1 round. You just need to get familiar.

I liked it so much I got an xdm 9mm so the wife could use one of the pistols in the house.

i went and saw "The Knowing" last night. overall, i liked it. the ending was retarded, but i liked the idea behind it. who has seen it?

and after teh movie. me and a couple friends went out to my car to head home. and i started driving off, i noticed my 2 side mirrors were broken. so i knew who it was, i was with the kids ex girlfriend, and he works at that movie theatre. so i pulled over at the next breeze in.. basically a kwiki-mart or what ever you guys have down there in the lower 48. and i walked around my car, this kid decided to deflate my back right tire, completely. so i drove about a mile on rims =[. and he bent my back windshield wiper completely backwards. and broke my 2 mirrors. as far as i can tell that looks like all he did.

i had to call a friend to pick me up to give me a ride to my house and get my spare tire (i took it out for my sub). i get it, and the jack in my car, IS BOLTED TO THE BODY. how retarded is that, and there are no wratchits (sp) that are with it in the car or anything. so i couldn't use that. so i had to call another buddy with a jack in his car. he finally gets there and we get it lifted very slowly with this old jack, and i go to take the lugs off. i get through all of them, and then the very klast one i had to take off, strips. and ic an't get it off. so i put the rest of them back on and lower the car. then i gotta drive it across the street to a parking lot for the night, once again on teh rims. this morning i go get my step dads air compressor and bring it out, and sure as chit theres a leak in it. most likely from me driving on it. so i brought it to les schwab a couple hours ago and i just got a call saying it's done.

so i'm gonna go chekc out the damage. i called the cops last night right after i got my spare tire. and he said that there isn't much we can do about it unless he confesses, or somebody slips and says something at school. well it's spring break this week and so this comming monday... it's gonna be a good day. nobody liked this kid in teh first place because he told his ex gf (who has type 1 diabetes) that he wishes she would go die and a bunch of stuff related to her disorder.. anyways..

mrray, got any advice as far as me dealing with this kid and getting my car paid for??!

Hey, my buddy is looking to buy some gear for reloading some bullets. Any places he should check out in particular?

If your talking to me Ryan2, then yes.... VERY serious :)

does he have big hands? if so, he might no like the grip, trigger reach is way short. the m version addresses that with a modular backstrap, ala m&p, h&k and others. otherwise, as ryan2 said, nothing wrong with them. based off the glock patents, they are extremely reliable, at least from what i've seen.

i don't like them due to the trigger reach, i feel like i'm palming the gun istead of gripping it. however, i am thinking about one for the wife in .45.

others to look at...

glock 21 and 21sf. the sf stands for slim frame and it's all about a slightly shorter trigger reach and overall grip dimensions compared to the standard g21. g21sf also gives you an ambi mag release, which is worth about +1billion. i love my g21sf.

fn 45...14+1 capacity, decocker and alll that jazz. a great gun thati'm thinking i might grab as my next 45.

s&w m&p, modular backstrap, very reliable, and not as blocky as most. great shooter, it's on my must have list.

there are othes, but price starts going up from those listed polymers...i want a sig p220 SAO, but $$$ says no,lol. of course any good 1911, no kimbers!!, should always be on the short list!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'm with ray on this one, you'll be hard pressed to find problems with any of the polymer frame service pistols, it really comes down to personal preference. i've been playing with the g21sf for the last couple weeks and it is a very functional weapon, just not my style. i do like the overall simplicity of the glocks though, no safeties, de-cockers, hammers, etc. if your dad is like mine, he won't have time to practice a lot and just needs a firearm that will go off in the event he has to pull the trigger.

CIMG0010-1.jpg

oh yeah, the 21sf with the glock rail has a right handed mag release only (see picture), so like ray said if you want the ambi release make sure you're looking at the correct model.

huh? my g21sf has a standard rail and ambi release...

but then again, my g30sf has only the standard right side release...

i did get my g21sf early, maybe they changed the production. but i don't know why..sf mags are the reason all new glock mags have the cut for the releas in the center. i got to look at my three glocks, ihave a theory, lol..

ryan2...no issues with your cz and slide splitting? i've heard there were some issues concerning the cz's metelorgy and their slides coming aprat, IIRC. and have you got a look at the 220 Single action only? you're a bit of a 1911 guy, you might appreciate that feature, i know i'm feinding for one, but alas there isn't one around here to fondle.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hey, my buddy is looking to buy some gear for reloading some bullets. Any places he should check out in particular?

midwayusa

cheaperthandirt

midsouthshooters

and taht's just off the top of my head. he might want to get on a few forums to help out as well. reloading is about liek firearms and car audio in general..lol..lots of gear, procedures and opinions.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i went and saw "The Knowing" last night. overall, i liked it. the ending was retarded, but i liked the idea behind it. who has seen it?

and after teh movie. me and a couple friends went out to my car to head home. and i started driving off, i noticed my 2 side mirrors were broken. so i knew who it was, i was with the kids ex girlfriend, and he works at that movie theatre. so i pulled over at the next breeze in.. basically a kwiki-mart or what ever you guys have down there in the lower 48. and i walked around my car, this kid decided to deflate my back right tire, completely. so i drove about a mile on rims =[. and he bent my back windshield wiper completely backwards. and broke my 2 mirrors. as far as i can tell that looks like all he did.

i had to call a friend to pick me up to give me a ride to my house and get my spare tire (i took it out for my sub). i get it, and the jack in my car, IS BOLTED TO THE BODY. how retarded is that, and there are no wratchits (sp) that are with it in the car or anything. so i couldn't use that. so i had to call another buddy with a jack in his car. he finally gets there and we get it lifted very slowly with this old jack, and i go to take the lugs off. i get through all of them, and then the very klast one i had to take off, strips. and ic an't get it off. so i put the rest of them back on and lower the car. then i gotta drive it across the street to a parking lot for the night, once again on teh rims. this morning i go get my step dads air compressor and bring it out, and sure as chit theres a leak in it. most likely from me driving on it. so i brought it to les schwab a couple hours ago and i just got a call saying it's done.

so i'm gonna go chekc out the damage. i called the cops last night right after i got my spare tire. and he said that there isn't much we can do about it unless he confesses, or somebody slips and says something at school. well it's spring break this week and so this comming monday... it's gonna be a good day. nobody liked this kid in teh first place because he told his ex gf (who has type 1 diabetes) that he wishes she would go die and a bunch of stuff related to her disorder.. anyways..

mrray, got any advice as far as me dealing with this kid and getting my car paid for??!

If you call him out, he's going to deny it. Try to ask around and see if anyone knows of anything about it.