mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Edited by B7L BL4Z3R

saw Taken tonight!

that movie was GREAT!

One of the best ones i have seen in awhile. The storyline is pretty damn good, somebody did alot of thinking with that movie to make it flow so well!

My dad called me at work yesterday and said that my little brother (16) has been getting into trouble and he was hoping some big brother influence may help, since he doesn't seem to respond to his parents very well. I sent him a 4+ page letter in an email basically telling him my experiences growing up and how I had two best friends in middle and high schools (separate instances) that started getting into trouble and doing drugs, and the choices I made to basically give up my best friends because I didn't want to be a part of that. Then I gave him some of the fun alternatives I did as a kid, like cruising car lots after getting shakes from Sonic during happy hour, chasing girls, etc. And I told him how much easier it is in life if you don't mess it up early and set goals and really strive.

My gf read it and thought he wouldn't read the letter because it's too long and sounds like it's coming from a parent, even though I wrote it specifically trying to not sound like a parent. Anyways, he sent a reply email saying he read it multiple times and that some of my stories are remarkably similar to his, and that he's not going to try and change his ways, he IS going to change.

That makes me feel really good. It would be amazing if I really had that type of impact on his life. I couldn't turn my two previous best friends around, but maybe I can help my brother.

My dad called me at work yesterday and said that my little brother (16) has been getting into trouble and he was hoping some big brother influence may help, since he doesn't seem to respond to his parents very well. I sent him a 4+ page letter in an email basically telling him my experiences growing up and how I had two best friends in middle and high schools (separate instances) that started getting into trouble and doing drugs, and the choices I made to basically give up my best friends because I didn't want to be a part of that. Then I gave him some of the fun alternatives I did as a kid, like cruising car lots after getting shakes from Sonic during happy hour, chasing girls, etc. And I told him how much easier it is in life if you don't mess it up early and set goals and really strive.

My gf read it and thought he wouldn't read the letter because it's too long and sounds like it's coming from a parent, even though I wrote it specifically trying to not sound like a parent. Anyways, he sent a reply email saying he read it multiple times and that some of my stories are remarkably similar to his, and that he's not going to try and change his ways, he IS going to change.

That makes me feel really good. It would be amazing if I really had that type of impact on his life. I couldn't turn my two previous best friends around, but maybe I can help my brother.

Good man, nicely done. :)

That is what big brothers are for. :)

Good man, nicely done. :)

That is what big brothers are for. :)

Nice Bro. Chasing girls is definitely a good alternative.

A wet dick is a happy dick

speaking of coffee, good morning hop.

CIMG0126.jpg

bodum press #12 grind. simple and cheap, does the trick for me.

*Insert picture of standard drip coffee maker and coffee in MTS insulated mug*

I used to ride BMX with a group of 3 other guys through middle school. Long story short: one is still an alright kid, college drop out, but still alright none-the-less. One is in prison right now regarding a GTA. The other just got out of jail and has mandatory AA and NA classes to goto. Driving without a license, drunk, and high cocaine. I, however, got away from them and am still in college. Thank God.

speaking of coffee, good morning hop.

CIMG0126.jpg

bodum press #12 grind. simple and cheap, does the trick for me.

/\ best form of coffee that isn't extracted IMO. :)

It isn't warming up as fast as I had hoped :(. I was planning on going golfing then fishing this afternoon. I still probably will, I'd just like it to be a bit warmer than 55 degrees. With a 15 mph wind it gets cut down to 50.

At the end of last year's fishing season I was getting frustrated because I wasn't getting any bites. Sure the oversized ponds I was at were probably overfished a ton, but I still figured I'd get something. I even got so frustrated I swore off fishing. But here I am, excited about getting back out there again for the first time this year.

There were 5 boats on Tonka yesterday and the ice is only off the shallow bays and the first 10' or so of shore on the main lake. The springs cut channels through it and some idiot was on plane haulin' balls down the channel :D

If my boat weren't in storage I would have gone out this weekend as well. Gorgeous weather and I know where the crappies are right now and I can get to 'em.

At the end of last year's fishing season I was getting frustrated because I wasn't getting any bites.

Time to change it up.

If you were throwing a small bait, change to a bit one.

If you were throwing a slow bait, change to a fast one.

" " " bright, " " dull.

" " " natural, " " fake.

" " " light weights, " " heavy.

" " " baits deep, " " shallow.

etc...

Once something happens, figure out what it was you did different and then try other variations of it.

Part of the reason that I am usually fishing at least 5 different rods at a time.

Sea salt, honey and a Breville juicer. Nice.

sean, i need a simple scallop recipe, now that i'm closer to the big water i can find fresh ones (actually fresh too, yellow'ish like you had mentioned before)

also how the hell do i keep from over cooking them as i remember you saying that was the #1 mistake in cooking them.

You are a quality human being, way to be there. :)

The first way you should do them is in a hot pan.

I like to do mine in bacon fat and a little butter. If you don't have bacon fat then olive oil is fine. 2-3tbsp of each in your pan (butter & oo)

Put a pan on medium high/high add the fats and get it hot. When the butter smokes you know you are ready. Place the scallops in the pan and leave them completey uncrowded and still for 90 seconds. Flip (I usually try for a different spot in the pan so they get another hot spot) and leave for another 90 seconds. 3 minutes is enough! You want the center to be medium rare to rare, but the outside nice and browned.

*Note, pretty much everything you cook should get a nice healthy pinch of kosher salt, so I left it off the description but do use it. In this case pat the scallops dry first as you don't want any extra moisture to make them stick other than what the salt brings out of the meat.

**Note 2, don't use a teflon or non-stick pan. You want these to brown and therefore you want to use a stainless bottom or at least some type of normal pan. This is a generic rule for all meats, 99% of the time they need to have some adhesion for good browning. Also the reason to NOT touch them for 90 seconds as you want them to stick. The release from the pan before they are ready to flip...all meat does ;)

Or to answer your question generically, the easiest way to not overcook them is to use really high heat and not a lot of time. :)