mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Digital Design's website says to use 16 sq. inches per cubic foot of box volume. But directly above that they go through a formula that involves the movement of the driver. It says: "A 4" diameter port has about 12 sqin of area. This is about an 8-1 ratio of cone area to port area. If the 12 inch cone moves 0.25", the port must move 2.0". It can handle this, but when the cone is moving 1.0", the port must move 8 inches! Now you've got a leaky sealed box."

Which seems contradictory to me. Why would they base the port area on box size when they say themselves how xmax of the driver can affect port velocity?

I'm so ready for some more of my smoked pork sandwiches. So hungry!

I made the sheet, and there is no equation in C24 that is a static number that is 10% of mach. The cells below it say if there will be port noise based on it.

why did you pick that value?

I believe winISD Beta doesn't like you to have a port velocity above mach .14. But that's almost 50 m/s. Maybe I'm misremembering.

Oh and I need to correct my units from before. I meant 20-25 meters per second, not feet. Big difference, whoops.

The place in winISD I found recommended 17m/s, Help>Contents>Using WinISD pro>Graph types explained. Unless you know of somewhere else. Maybe I should have started a thread, there is some good info floating around here. :shrug: Then I've found various other sites recomending other speeds, I should go threw the bookmarks to find them but that could take awhile. :(

you're using the alpha version, right? The beta version has the mach speed on the inputs pop-up box. If it's green you're ok, if it turns red your port velocity is too high. That's where I was trying to remember the mach speed from. I didn't know the alpha had that in the help menu. I've never read it.

Hard to have a "rule of thumb" when there are so many variables.

I've got a new toy, but Imageshack is not letting me post pics.

it was fucked up for me last night too, but appears to be working now

I've got a new toy, but Imageshack is not letting me post pics.

it was fucked up for me last night too, but appears to be working now

I'm on a different PC though. aargh

Got to go help with the mini baja for Lamar. pretty cool machine but there are a lot of things that could be tweaked. Should be a lot of fun to work on next year.

Yes, I am going to do a non-active install.

Of course, it won't be in my vehicle. Giving my sister and her husband a present and outfitting their boat with some tunes.

you're using the alpha version, right? The beta version has the mach speed on the inputs pop-up box. If it's green you're ok, if it turns red your port velocity is too high. That's where I was trying to remember the mach speed from. I didn't know the alpha had that in the help menu. I've never read it.

Yes, Alpha. Didn't know the beta had that feature.

Hard to have a "rule of thumb" when there are so many variables.

I guess I just need to test different ones out.

Edited by bromo

Nice gift Sean!!!!!

And thank God tomorrow off..............Drunk 2nyte prolly

I think I developed TMJ somehow. I can't close my damn jaw for 2 days now...

If you wanna get technical its temporal mandibular joint dislocation...TMJD

Of course, it won't be in my vehicle. Giving my sister and her husband a present and outfitting their boat with some tunes.

I was scared when I saw passives :P

I was scared when I saw passives :P

Me too, I was like wait is hell freezing over? Is the underworld merging with ours? Is the outworld dimension merging with our own? What is going on?!?!?! It has been raining all night.

It's Friday. For being such a slow week at work, this week went by fairly quickly.

I think I developed TMJ somehow. I can't close my damn jaw for 2 days now...

If you wanna get technical its temporal mandibular joint dislocation...TMJD

Sue, but it's not dislocated. Mine is due to bruxis I'm sure. Just inflamed muscle filled with all kinds of juice in that joint.

I'm stressed lately, so I'm grinding. I couldn't get my hands on any diazepam or my see my Dr untill the 27th.... so I had a few cocktails. They tucked me in for the night.

I was so sedate, I watched the fast and furious on the tv.

That's pretty cool.

Hooray for boat tunes.

It means I can listen to music that I want to instead of other shit as well. Knowing the person that has the louder stereo that is parked next to you goes a long way in making a day on the island more fun.

It means I can listen to music that I want to instead of other shit as well. Knowing the person that has the louder stereo that is parked next to you goes a long way in making a day on the island more fun.

boat warz!

I kept my wife up untill midnight snoring so loud I guess. She woke me up probably right before she acted on the homocidal thoughts that played out in her mind.

I went to the couch.

;)

One of our friends regrettably listens to shit music and currently has the loudest stereo. When we tie up we "get" to listen to his shit. Well not anymore. :P