mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Seems like I have to undo 4 bolts tightened to 185lbs ft. No impact wrench FTL :(

Put your weight into it. ;)

Wow, some serious work in that

Truly priceless!!

Seems like I have to undo 4 bolts tightened to 185lbs ft. No impact wrench FTL :(

come on i know you have a bunch of pipes laying around, poor man's breaker bar.

Had no decent tool than could take it. Borrowed one from the neighbor, with 3ft pipe, bingo.

One more thing I need to buy...some decent sockets.

Awhile ago I had to move one of our testing frame's crosshead. 10 bolts all torqued to 175ft*lbs, I torqued each one 4 times, complete pain in the ass.

Don't want to do anything productive so I'm sharpening knives instead of homework.

Sharpening knives is always productive

And it was, cut 10 layers of 4mil plastic today like a hot knife through butter.

Just left a voicemail for engineering at Eminence. Funny for me to make that call.

I need a high efficiency tweeter than can play from 20kHz up to as high as possible. 40kHz minimum. And yes, I will never ever listen to the tweeter just using it to excite structures for doing damping testing and defect analysis.

Interesting. What size of structure is this going to be exciting? How much energy does it take to excite something for your kind of testing? Does it take multiple drivers per structure, or is only a little bit of actual energy needed for what you are doing?

Pio Elite VSX24-TX

Is this the Pio Elite I was asking about? I thought you had a TV you wanted to get rid of....

Pio Elite VSX24-TX

Is this the Pio Elite I was asking about? I thought you had a TV you wanted to get rid of....

The post before was in response to a receiver. And yes, not a TV. Sorry.

Just left a voicemail for engineering at Eminence. Funny for me to make that call.

I need a high efficiency tweeter than can play from 20kHz up to as high as possible. 40kHz minimum. And yes, I will never ever listen to the tweeter just using it to excite structures for doing damping testing and defect analysis.

Interesting. What size of structure is this going to be exciting? How much energy does it take to excite something for your kind of testing? Does it take multiple drivers per structure, or is only a little bit of actual energy needed for what you are doing?

Very little energy needed. The noise floor of our measurement device is in femtometers per unit sqrt(Hz). The more linear though the easier as it is one less variable. I'd prefer more of a point source to a ribbon. Doh! Fostex has a $40 driver that can do 50kHz, but I can't find anything else.

Fuck.......My bad. Sorry making you go into the basement and dig that thing up. I for some reason thought the discussion was about a TV.

femtometer? holy jesus

Yeah that's small. I can never remember the prefixes, I know from Nano to Tera no problem, anywhere beyond those I have to resort to references.

Find something measured in femtometers? A single electron lol.

Just got my copy of Windows 7. Been playing around with it. It's a lot like Vista, just a lot more useless software. As far as performance, I don't know yet.

Had my first first kiss in about 4 years last night.

/sappy romantic junk.

I am happy for you and sad at the same time.

Haha. Well it sounds better if I add that I had my last gf for over 3 years, hence the no first in a long time. Ha.

So far all my classes except for my 1:25 class tomorrow are canceled.

I'd put a twenty on it that we have class tomorrow.

fail. i only had class monday :P

I asked the teacher to today if class was canceled. She looked at me and laughed

/sappy romantic junk.

Haha. Well it sounds better if I add that I had my last gf for over 3 years, hence the no first in a long time. Ha.

makes more sense now lol

So far all my classes except for my 1:25 class tomorrow are canceled.

I'd put a twenty on it that we have class tomorrow.

fail. i only had class monday :P

I asked the teacher to today if class was canceled. She looked at me and laughed

i still have my 4pm class tomorrow :(

Fuck.......My bad. Sorry making you go into the basement and dig that thing up. I for some reason thought the discussion was about a TV.

If I had a Kuro to get rid of...well then I'd have every other TV I've ever owned to get rid of as well. Pretty much the gold standard in TV's if you ask me.

femtometer? holy jesus

Yeah that's small. I can never remember the prefixes, I know from Nano to Tera no problem, anywhere beyond those I have to resort to references.

Find something measured in femtometers? A single electron lol.

Sort of spec'manship. 100 Femto's is the noise typically, but we have seen lower :)

/sappy romantic junk.

And I didn't read the word first, the first time I read it :P

I really wonder if he talks like that.

Obviously one thing must be true about the WMD subs. They have to be idiot proof.

The reaction of captain Ultra is funny too.

Blaming it on UPS, LB bottomed it the fuck out.

That box is absurd. Can't wait to see what happens when he smokes the replacement. The FULL review is going to have to address the reliability of the sub, rofl.

Obviously had one of mjmaroaiojfdoi's friends design the box.

Or some other all knowing noob with lots of internet experience and know how.