mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Sean, I know you will have some idea on this too. Anyone else chime in

Kitchen Knives.

I have the basics done. I need a medium/large cleaver but I'll probably get that from a Chinese market on the cheep. I need some some general large kitchen knives. I really love the santoku style. All we have are from Wusthoff, I don't give a damn about brand name or keeping them all the same brand so long as it's quality.

Mainly looking for something to kick ass on large veg.

What's the best way to to sharpen well used knives water stone or a good cold grinding machine

Why a santoku?

Anyways, the BEST knife is ALWAYS the one that fits your hand and cutting style the best. Of course, the minimum pre-requisite is that they are constructed of decent metal and have a decent edge. For chopping I wouldn't look at the knives with the Japanese edge as something more robust works better for that IMO. Slicing, different story.

And yes, I wouldn't worry too much about brands. What have you held?

The Ken Shun's Santoku is nice, but maybe too small for your hands.

691404701.jpg

Hey as long as they come in Pink......laugh.gif

or in the stink

Kitchen Knives.

I have the basics done. I need a medium/large cleaver but I'll probably get that from a Chinese market on the cheep. I need some some general large kitchen knives. I really love the santoku style. All we have are from Wusthoff, I don't give a damn about brand name or keeping them all the same brand so long as it's quality.

What's the best way to to sharpen well used knives water stone or a good cold grinding machine

Why a santoku?

Anyways, the BEST knife is ALWAYS the one that fits your hand and cutting style the best. Of course, the minimum pre-requisite is that they are constructed of decent metal and have a decent edge. For chopping I wouldn't look at the knives with the Japanese edge as something more robust works better for that IMO. Slicing, different story.

Where can I go to find quality knifes to hold? lol

If the kid you’re babysitting is playing with a tarp on a windy day, it’s probably not a good idea to let him do it near a barbed wire fence. Also, kids can fly a lot further than you think.

Who here hates M5??

Whatever happened to Tough Love? This world is SO full of people that want something for nothing, People with NO work ethic. Why should other people go out of thier way for YOU?

If you want to learn something, Shut your mouth and listen, and leave your feeling's at the door. The knowledge is here to learn, But you might have to put your feeling's aside to listen.smile.gif

Especially with Sean, if you shut the fuck up and stop being a pansy ass and grow some balls you'd learn a lot. Sean knows what he's talking about that's why he's one of the select few on the damn Tech team.

If you don't know what you are doing, you are better off sending it to a repair shop. What amp is it ?

Im pretty sure i can fix everything disconnected with some solder. I just didn't know where that one terminal looking thing went. Its a Sound Storm 1Fd2500.

Are there only missing parts ? Weird...

If you don't know what you are doing, you are better off sending it to a repair shop. What amp is it ?

Im pretty sure i can fix everything disconnected with some solder. I just didn't know where that one terminal looking thing went. Its a Sound Storm 1Fd2500.

There's no missing parts that I'm aware of , the parts that are there are just broke and disconnected. From the heat i guess.

Especially with Sean, if you shut the fuck up and stop being a pansy ass and grow some balls you'd learn a lot. Sean knows what he's talking about that's why he's one of the select few on the damn Tech team.

AMEN. I am a Young Bull, Sean is an old Bull.smile.gif

Beside's I don't Know any other way, I guess it come's from upbringing. ie work ethic installed young.

Beside's I don't Know any other way, I guess it come's from upbringing. ie work ethic installed young.

That's VERY true, I'm glad my mamma whooped me into shape! She'd kick my ass to this day if I didn't perform my best :)

Hey I got top!

:bow28:

That's VERY true, I'm glad my mamma whooped me into shape! She'd kick my ass to this day if I didn't perform my best smile.gif

My dad never taught me half-ass, Infact he tried beating it back out of my step-brother.

There's no missing parts that I'm aware of , the parts that are there are just broke and disconnected. From the heat i guess.

Just going by parts visibly broken is a recipe for spending money on parts. Lost of things can go wrong and show no sign.

Parts don't "disconnect" because of the heat.

That's VERY true, I'm glad my mamma whooped me into shape! She'd kick my ass to this day if I didn't perform my best smile.gif

My dad never taught me half-ass, Infact he tried beating it back out of my step-brother.

My dad was lazy, and way too young to be a dad and left when I was very young. So my mom brought it upon herself to never let me get like that :) She made sure I don't do anything half-ass!

Just going by parts visibly broken is a recipe for spending money on parts. Lost of things can go wrong and show no sign.

Parts don't "disconnect" because of the heat.

Yeah, solder won't just melt from normal operating temperatures in an amplifier. Adrian I think it's time for a basic amplifier repair thread!

does anyone know of a great place to buy GREAT cheese?

On the cheep is good too.

You don't like the selection at Surdyks?

:Doh:

I never even thought to go there. It's so close to work too.

Kitchen Knives.

Why a santoku?

Where can I go to find quality knifes to hold? lol

A good kitchen store. Not sure what is in your area though.

Kitchen Knives.

Why a santoku?

I have shorter fingers but a meatly palm. Overall I do have a smaller hand due to the short stumpy fingers. Girth not length.

:D

93753_500.jpg

In truth the wusthoff isn't a traditional japonease santoku I know. It's heavier, taller and thicker blade. I understand a true santoku is usually a verry hard metal and usually thin to aid in cutting. I feel more comfortable with a less curved edge like the "santoku style" when working with veg. Even more so if it's hard or large like a kohlrabi or anything fist sized or bigger. Maybe I should learn to use a normal chef knife but I don't like that I end up feeling like I Have to change what comes natural. For some reason the wusthoff chef knife angles bother me more than the ones I grew up using, or my hand has changed since I was a teenager. When I go for a knife I probably grab something larger than I need but I alwas feel like I have more controll when I have more edge. A cheff knife is amazing on a chicken or for detail work but I never got the hang of rocking on the edge of a cheffs knife.

The Ken Shun knives look nice. I didn't know if they worked as well also or if the cost was all hype.

The top end of wusthoff are comfortable enough in the size range we have now but I don't know if I went bigger if I would like the