mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

morning

Morning Dre., good to see ya. :)

That granada is awesome.

Glad to hear that :drink40:

going outside to shoot hoops

I wanted to do that today but there are no courts where I live so I just went to the lake between the Texas Ranger Ballpark and Dallas Cowboys stadium and walk for 2 hours while dribbling the ball. For some reason (probably a mind thing) but I cant workout indoors because it gets real boring after a month or two, I gotta be outside to enjoy nature while exercising.

I really really want to be out on a boat right now.

If I had an iceboat I'd invite you over. :P

going outside to shoot hoops

I wanted to do that today but there are no courts where I live so I just went to the lake between the Texas Ranger Ballpark and Dallas Cowboys stadium and walk for 2 hours while dribbling the ball. For some reason (probably a mind thing) but I cant workout indoors because it gets real boring after a month or two, I gotta be outside to enjoy nature while exercising.

i hear ya, feels much better to be outside

Not to mention the sync and all the other creature comforts inside it.

The ironic thing is, the 4V 5.0 is lighter than either the 2, 3, or 4V 4.6 it replaces. So, it out-displaces, out-powers (NA), and weighs less than it's smaller, less-powerful predecessor.

They should be in the 12s with nothing more than a gear swap and some traction.

I know it has a forged crank too. The rods are a powder steel, do you know if they are the stronger forged ones or would those have to go out with the heads?

(I'm thinking in a down the road boosted aplication, because... why buy a car if you can't boost it someday)

:P

They will still be able to handle some boost. They've been using the powdered metal rods for years and people have been boosting them. My car still has the stock bottom end with poopy rods and pistons and it has no problem handling 12lbs.

The biggest issue I see with boost there is the higher compression and extended RPM range of the new engine. Give it a year and all the bugs will be worked out by the aftermarket.

Ford wouldn't dare release a 5.0 engine that couldn't be boosted. No way the marketing department is that stupid.

Just because it's FWD doesn't mean it weighs less and has less parts. There are plenty of FWD vehicles that weigh just as much or more than full frame or unitized vehicles with RWD, 4WD, or AWD.

Also, weight is no guarantee that your mileage will increase.

I know what you are trying to convey, but front drive platforms were only developed simply because they were cheap and effective for the manufacturers.

With a design goal of light, again the RWD would win...and does. It is way simpler to make drive axles that don't have to turn.

The top cars in this list are ridiculously light.

Top Gear Track lap records - FastestLaps.com

Go ahead and show us your FWD performance vehicle in that list and how they all rank on the top as they handle better. I will also guarantee that you put snow tires on any of the cars in that list and run them on sheer ice and they will handle unbelievably well. Much better than any FWD car with snow tires.

j/w sean how is the H1 on top of the list?

:ban2:

i must of looked at somethin wrong last night.

the Caparo T1 is on top now

The Caparo H1 Hummer was never there. :P

That's old anyways. There's a "special" Ferrari on top now which was driven by a "special" Stig.

Just because it's FWD doesn't mean it weighs less and has less parts. There are plenty of FWD vehicles that weigh just as much or more than full frame or unitized vehicles with RWD, 4WD, or AWD.

Also, weight is no guarantee that your mileage will increase.

I know what you are trying to convey, but front drive platforms were only developed simply because they were cheap and effective for the manufacturers.

With a design goal of light, again the RWD would win...and does. It is way simpler to make drive axles that don't have to turn.

The top cars in this list are ridiculously light.

Top Gear Track lap records - FastestLaps.com

Go ahead and show us your FWD performance vehicle in that list and how they all rank on the top as they handle better. I will also guarantee that you put snow tires on any of the cars in that list and run them on sheer ice and they will handle unbelievably well. Much better than any FWD car with snow tires.

j/w sean how is the H1 on top of the list?

:ban2:

i must of looked at somethin wrong last night.

the Caparo T1 is on top now

The Caparo H1 Hummer was never there. :P

That's old anyways. There's a "special" Ferrari on top now which was driven by a "special" Stig.

Special as in FWD? Like the new F1 cars?

I did my civic duty and drank half a pint of Jameson today...yum...

DSC01875.jpg

what a one year old happy meal looks like

looks happy.

where have you been keeping it?

Food Network just forced me to take a try at making french toast, which turned out a-maze-ing nom nom nom nom

Food Network just forced me to take a try at making french toast, which turned out a-maze-ing nom nom nom nom

fatty :P

You watch the stuffed french toast throwdown?

DSC01875.jpg

what a one year old happy meal looks like

This is a VERY well perserved artifact.LOL. Great specimen.