mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

BM'er got rid of the stupid timing belts on their 2.5 motors in 1992. That one has a chain.

Low maintenance is relative. BMW asks that you change the brake fluid every 10k or year, obviously not necessary but if you follow the book there are a ton of things to do. Most do not have to be done. Realistically there should be less to do than on your Honda. On top of that it is easier to do and the parts are CHEAPER. Super reliable cars in that era.

Matt, you probably bent the feed tube for the gauge which will cause an offset. I broke mine a wee bit different. I managed to get it so hot the glass shattered :) At the same time I was melting some of my 1700 degree gasket so you can guess the temps. :)

I went with a Stoker, from Rocks BBQ. Computer interface was why. I've heard the Guru's work better in the cold, but my Stoker is in the basement and I just plug it in to the house so it isn't ever outside :)

Matt, you probably bent the feed tube for the gauge which will cause an offset. I broke mine a wee bit different. I managed to get it so hot the glass shattered :) At the same time I was melting some of my 1700 degree gasket so you can guess the temps. :)

I went with a Stoker, from Rocks BBQ. Computer interface was why. I've heard the Guru's work better in the cold, but my Stoker is in the basement and I just plug it in to the house so it isn't ever outside :)

.. You're smoker is outside though? How long are the leads on the probe and fan? Is the temp reading still accurate?

That's incredable to me if it can in fact be remote mounted so far from the egg itself.

Sometimes I used a POS fan to get the fire started faster.... The top opening on the egg had some crazy flames shooting out of it when I forgot it, and it just burned for 20 min.

lol

I need to get that gasket material you have. I'm actually not using one at all. I barely notice a difference as it's STILL so much better and more effecient than any other smoker.

.. You're smoker is outside though? How long are the leads on the probe and fan? Is the temp reading still accurate?

That's incredable to me if it can in fact be remote mounted so far from the egg itself.

Distance doesn't matter for anything except the fan. The voltage drop on the fan source require a source closer to the fan. I am using a cheap transformer. The temperature probes are digital so they can go long distances :) So yeah, it is still accurate.

Sometimes I used a POS fan to get the fire started faster.... The top opening on the egg had some crazy flames shooting out of it when I forgot it, and it just burned for 20 min.

lol

I need to get that gasket material you have. I'm actually not using one at all. I barely notice a difference as it's STILL so much better and more effecient than any other smoker.

I have some extra, hell a lot of it. :)

lol

I'll come down for dinner just about anytime you're ready.

I'll bring the beer.

The Instron sales man just left here. Getting some quotes on a couple of new electromechanical load frames for a teaching lab.

god awful wreck on US59

the back end of a cube van was basically welded to the engine block of a semi

just terrible

The Instron sales man just left here. Getting some quotes on a couple of new electromechanical load frames for a teaching lab.

Two ex-Instron Application Engineers work for us. :)

What sort of duty cycle and force?

lol

I'll come down for dinner just about anytime you're ready.

I'll bring the beer.

We can obviously arrange something, I bought a 50 or 100' roll. Whatever they sell them in. Thought about selling pre-cut pieces on a grilling forum or two but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Asking $15k.

I think he wants it. He has to figure out how to ship it and where he wants to do a pre-purchase inspection, but otherwise I bet he says yes :) At least I have a good feeling for him and I know he does of me. I hope so as the instant it is gone I'll get on getting rid of the truck and shopping for a replacement :)

Ship? Fuck that. Drive it!

x2. It's always fun to drive a newly bought car across the continent :D

I had trouble finding the gear shifter when first driving the jeep

took my last final of my college career for now! :woot:

A small duty cycle. A couple of labs a day if that.

Looking for a 5,000lb minimum, probably in the 10,000lb range. We are looking to replace a couple of older SATEC T5000 benchtop units.

CNG_5860.jpg

I just licked the moniter. I think that makes those Aye Emm Geez mine.

Grats. Hope you did well!

Grats. Hope you did well!

ya i rocked that final.

Good thing the professor threw us a bone.

At least half of the class was failing before that final!

A small duty cycle. A couple of labs a day if that.

Looking for a 5,000lb minimum, probably in the 10,000lb range. We are looking to replace a couple of older SATEC T5000 benchtop units.

Ah, then you are looking at the right ones.

Just got back from a quick 15mi jaunt.

sellin the m3 makes me cry

grilled up some of those fajita seasoned beef sausage links from Whole Foods; sonnofabitch that's good stuff

longcat.jpg

I dare you too quote dis :suicide-santa:

you mean like this?

longcat.jpg

I dare you too quote dis :suicide-santa:

you mean like this?

or maybe like this?