mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

looking into wireless routers

which one's do y'all recommend?

My dad was saying somethin about the new N routers.

Just throwing this out there before i do some research on my own.

thanks in advance

I use a Linksys N broadband. I have not had any problems yet.

http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/routers/Linksys-WRT160N-Wireless-N-Router-Front-Page_stcVVproductId53934616VVcatId552009VVviewprod.htm

Linksys N ftmfw.

We're quick like a bunny. On a related note some hacker/hacker group just punched through firefox and 128 bit passwors encryption.

What I'm saying is don't do banking wirelessly even from your own home.

My roomate who is a computer nerd by trade is now in school for security and aparently it's the hot word on the street that FF has a hole they exploit and even the highest level of consumer wireless protection is not so good ATM.

Hearing everyone's advice about finances makes me wish I could be more stable for awhile. This moving every few years shit is for the birds. I really dont want a rental house in AZ while I reside back in NY. Or vice versa. Paying someone else to 'landlord' for me just doesnt make alot of sense. Especially if I buy a 200k house and have to get a 30yr morgage.

As a landlord myself I can tell you it is not smart to buy a $200,000 house to rent out. People renting out big houses are not usually there for long. I have a big house like that I rent out and 3 smaller houses in not so nice neighborhoods. The big house was my last house, and rather then selling it we decided to rent it out. We found that it sits vacant and rolls over more then the others. People renting these houses are usually those who have had an issue in their main home, such as a fire or whatnot, that requires them to be out of their house for a few months, or people building houses in that area and wanting their kids to warm to the schools before hand, etc. They are just very temporary renters. The smaller houses rent quickly, as they are cheap, and they are in areas where the average renter can't afford to move real quick, you know first and last months and paying for a moving truck is a struggle.

Yeah, maybe it seems cold renting to people who simply can't afford to leave, but it is business.

Well where my base is 200k doesnt buy a 'big house' they are actually moderatly sized. Plus the 1st one in mind is right across the street and 1/2 block down from the pig pen.

But someday I'll get a great house.

J

Hearing everyone's advice about finances makes me wish I could be more stable for awhile. This moving every few years shit is for the birds. I really dont want a rental house in AZ while I reside back in NY. Or vice versa. Paying someone else to 'landlord' for me just doesnt make alot of sense. Especially if I buy a 200k house and have to get a 30yr morgage.

Financially it does make sense. Especially if you have a multi home unit like a quad plex. It makes huge mega ultra big sense. It is also a big risk though. If you ever decide to I have family who does property management in AZ.

That being said, from a practicle point of view... it doesn't make too much sense. I put the math up a bit ago and it still holds true. Most rental places do not generate income, but actually drain the investor. If they stick with it for years and years they may have constant proffit, but most get out of a property before then. Lot's of that has to do with tax advantages of getting out withing several years. Anywhoosle, it's a headache to do it, and it goes against everyones natural "instincts". That's only because society teaches us to consume rather than produce.

Check out a book called "rich dad poor dad", or if you want a less philosophical and more American bacon and eggs every day aproach check out "the millionaire next door". Talks about the latte factor and other simple ideas that can help change the way you think. Don't get me wrong... I'm not telling you that you should buy a house and rent it. But from a purely $$$$ standpoint, you should.

The harsh truth is that it's lifestyle and lazyness that stop people from buying. Heck I should have 2 more places by now, but I'm acustomed to a lifesyle that's comfortable right now. In fact, if you don't make your move someone else will. Maybe I'll get into the AZ market. If you don't buy though I may be able to find you a great place to rent for a great deal. :D

;)

Get muh point?

I come back mid next year. I'm looking in the Sierra Vista, AZ area...............If you can do good prices, allow a dog (dog door trained) and have me a LL who doesnt mind a 25 and 26 year old married couple and their dog then we are in business.

audi-11.jpg

It will sound "awesome" I bet :| . They say you can play 32 different tracks at the same time.... :suicide-santa:

It actually could. Nothing wrong with array's and they can solve many issues normally that a car would have with the right electronics. Luckily for VW/Audi they make enough of these they can actually invest in those electronics as well. I am curious.

As a landlord myself I can tell you it is not smart to buy a $200,000 house to rent out. People renting out big houses are not usually there for long. I have a big house like that I rent out and 3 smaller houses in not so nice neighborhoods. The big house was my last house, and rather then selling it we decided to rent it out. We found that it sits vacant and rolls over more then the others. People renting these houses are usually those who have had an issue in their main home, such as a fire or whatnot, that requires them to be out of their house for a few months, or people building houses in that area and wanting their kids to warm to the schools before hand, etc. They are just very temporary renters. The smaller houses rent quickly, as they are cheap, and they are in areas where the average renter can't afford to move real quick, you know first and last months and paying for a moving truck is a struggle.

Yeah, maybe it seems cold renting to people who simply can't afford to leave, but it is business.

Ha, $200k doesn't even buy a starter house here. You can't rent anything unless you spend that much.

ha,you can get three nice fixer uppers around here for 200

Ha, $200k doesn't even buy a starter house here. You can't rent anything unless you spend that much.

Eh that gets a starter in Buffalo.

Or 200 million in Iraqi Dinar

Netherlands let me down =(

I was very disappointed with the entire game. It felt slow and ho hum. Spain was diving a little too much, and the Netherlands were too packed in the middle of the field and did not take enough shots while turning the ball over too often.

Iniesta dived twice, he didn't deserve the goal.

The Spaniards, for the most part the little guys, flop at the slightest breeze. :glare: :glare: :glare:

Big ass storm just rolled through.

All this talk about investing and retirement made me think also, so I just signed up to check my 401k online.

It appears that by age 65, I should be in decent shape. Who knows anything can happen.

Yeah, same here and I have to drive through it to get to my son in time.

Yeah, same here and I have to drive through it to get to my son in time.

Hope all went safely.

I will be heading your way friday.

looking into wireless routers

which one's do y'all recommend?

My dad was saying somethin about the new N routers.

Just throwing this out there before i do some research on my own.

thanks in advance

I use a Linksys N broadband. I have not had any problems yet.

http://homestore.cisco.com/en-us/routers/Linksys-WRT160N-Wireless-N-Router-Front-Page_stcVVproductId53934616VVcatId552009VVviewprod.htm

Linksys N ftmfw.

We're quick like a bunny. On a related note some hacker/hacker group just punched through firefox and 128 bit passwors encryption.

What I'm saying is don't do banking wirelessly even from your own home.

My roomate who is a computer nerd by trade is now in school for security and aparently it's the hot word on the street that FF has a hole they exploit and even the highest level of consumer wireless protection is not so good ATM.

looks like i will be switching to google chrome here shortly then...

That is the beauty about central NC, our housing costs are so low here. I bought an 1870Sq Ft home with 2 car attached garage and a 12X16X12 building out back on 2 acres 8 years ago for $135K. I bought our current house, which is smaller (2 of our sons moved out, 2 other moved out previously, but this left us with 1 in the house, yes 5 boys) at 1500Sq feet, with a 20'X48' deck, and an in-ground pool (9 ft deep end, diving board), 14 acres, 3 stocked ponds for... get this now... $125,000. We live in a killer area, a nice grove of trees surround us, you can't see the house from the road at all. I can walk out on my front porch and shoot my bows, or my guns... go fishin' anytime... I love shooting my bow, I shoot daily.

I love it here. Seriously.

Much better then SoCal. We had a house in Anaheim that was 900Sq Ft on a small concrete lot (right near Disneyland) we finally sold it 4 years ago for $490,000. We speculated too long. It went from $650K to $490 in just shy of 2 years... The damn market collapsed FAST out there.

My former manager moved to Swansboro NC 2 years ago and loves it. He is always telling me I need to join him.

Bad News: E55 died out in the middle of an intersection; just died, cranked good but the engine just wouldn't start

Good News: said intersection was in the shopping mall parking lot, so I managed to fred flinstone her to a parking spot without too much difficulty

Bonus: No one even bothered to assist in the slightest; even the rent a cops drove past me 3 or 4 times in their golf cart afterward when I had the hood popped.

Glad to report that if you need a tow in the Houston area, RPM Express Inc. does an absolutely fantastic job. Their address is 10910 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77034-2510; Phone Number is (713) 278-1109

Bummer dude...

The E55?! :ohnoes9:

The E55?! :ohnoes9:

yeah, Maggie's sick; sounds like the fuel pump...hopefully we'll find out why tomorrow...

That is the beauty about central NC, our housing costs are so low here. I bought an 1870Sq Ft home with 2 car attached garage and a 12X16X12 building out back on 2 acres 8 years ago for $135K. I bought our current house, which is smaller (2 of our sons moved out, 2 other moved out previously, but this left us with 1 in the house, yes 5 boys) at 1500Sq feet, with a 20'X48' deck, and an in-ground pool (9 ft deep end, diving board), 14 acres, 3 stocked ponds for... get this now... $125,000. We live in a killer area, a nice grove of trees surround us, you can't see the house from the road at all. I can walk out on my front porch and shoot my bows, or my guns... go fishin' anytime... I love shooting my bow, I shoot daily.

I love it here. Seriously.

Much better then SoCal. We had a house in Anaheim that was 900Sq Ft on a small concrete lot (right near Disneyland) we finally sold it 4 years ago for $490,000. We speculated too long. It went from $650K to $490 in just shy of 2 years... The damn market collapsed FAST out there.

I'm the owner of 2 houses both are midsized houses. One of the house is in sort of central L.A sortof around downey. The rent on the house in L.A is 1650 and my other house is about the same size and a different city is 1200 it mostly depends on the houses around you. In AZ houses are pretty cheap so rents might be pretty cheap just make sure if you are the Landlord have them sign a contract stating that they will be in the house for 1 year.

*awaits flaming* :popcorn:

Feeling like taking some vacation time this week....

Feeling like taking some vacation time this week....

Vacations are always good....