mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Support your local Tattoo Artist and Piercer TOP.

I plan to again soon.

Rush Limbaugh's touching tribute to deceased Yankees owner George Steinbrenner:

"That cracker made a lot of African-American millionaires!"

I only knew of him so I can't really say anything good or bad about him :shrug:

for me i really dont give a shit about the Yankees.

If you can throw that much money at a team, then they better win.

To me it's just an unfair advantage with a team salary like that. No other team gets close to the Yankees payroll

Do you understand how much the organization makes yearly? With merchandise, endorsements, TV rights, ticket sales, etc., they make about 10 times more than their payroll. It's their money, they can spend it however they choose. They're not breaking any rules. All the other teams can do the same if they want to. You just have the extreme with the Yankees who do whatever is necessary to win, then you have the opposite end with the Pirates who keep getting top prospects, suck year after year, and then trade players away for more money. What does the owner do? ? ? He pockets it all.

We all know having the best talent doesn't guarantee victory. The only reason they won last year was because they were finally able to come together as one unit instead of a bunch of all-stars playing for themselves.

And yet they still lose...

27 World Series championships. . . . 16 post season appearances out of the last 17 years, and 15 of those were consecutive. . . EVERY game, sold out. . 'Nuff said.

To me it's just an unfair advantage with a team salary like that. No other team gets close to the Yankees payroll

yes I too am not so pleased with the lack of an MLB salary cap

then again I almost never watch professional sports of any kind anymore so meh

MLB has a salary cap, however it can be exceeded by paying a premium.

I GOT ACCEPTED TO TEXAS A&M GRADUATE PROGRAM FULL TUITION PAID AND A GUARANTEED RESEARCH/TEACHING ASSISTANCE!!!!!

CONGRATS!

Do tell. I was unaware of this.

And yet they still lose...

27 World Series championships. . . . 16 post season appearances out of the last 17 years, and 15 of those were consecutive. . . EVERY game, sold out. . 'Nuff said.

Exactly. Even if you don't like them, you just can't deny how incredible a feat that is. As far as I know, no other team in any professional sport can even come close to claiming that kind of accomplishment.

Congrats on the free school!!!!!

BTW anybody care to explain why the hell a tattoo artist would do 2 of your pieces (the first one sat for 2 years because of deployment and shit) and then not return calls or draw up a 2rd piece for more than 7 months?

I'm sorry, it's not exactly a cap. They call it a "luxury tax," where if you spend over a certain amount there is a percentage that is taxed and distributed to the other teams. I'm sure you can google it and find out all the specifics.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I'm so stoked right now but now have soooo much to do.

My dad went and bought me an aggie shirt while I was at the doctor today. Made me feel like an athlete getting drafted :P

BTW anybody care to explain why the hell a tattoo artist would do 2 of your pieces (the first one sat for 2 years because of deployment and shit) and then not return calls or draw up a 2rd piece for more than 7 months?

Who is your guy? I assume you mean in NY... All my buddies used to go to a guy, I wish I could remember his name... but he would flake out like that. But he was the best around. He would book every 3 months and fill up in just a few days.

Some people are flaky and just have NO work ethic. I eat these type people for lunch with good customer service.

Do you understand how much the organization makes yearly? With merchandise, endorsements, TV rights, ticket sales, etc., they make about 10 times more than their payroll.

Lone Starr: But Yogurt, what is this place? What is it that you do here?

Yogurt: Moichandising.

Barf: Merchandising? What's that?

Yogurt: Moichandising! Come, I'll show you. [to the Dinks] Open up this door.

[Yogurt walks over to a wall filled with Spaceballs merchandise.]

Yogurt: Heh-heh. Come! We put the picture's name on everything!

[everyone is staring in amazement]

Yogurt: Moichandising! Moichandising! Where the real money from the movie is made. Spaceballs: the T-shirt, Spaceballs: the Coloring Book [holds up a Transformers comic book], Spaceballs: the Lunchbox, Spaceballs: the Breakfast Cereal! Spaceballs: the Flame Thrower!! [fires a blast from flame thrower]

Dinks: Ooohh!

Yogurt: The kids love this one. And last, but not least, Spaceballs: the Doll- me.

[Yogurt squeezes the doll, which says "May the Schwartz be with you!"]

Yogurt: Adorable.

ninjaEDIT: Did a semester project for Management and Labor Relations on professional sports unions and basically if you're in the union and are on the active roster you're swimming in money. Hell of a work schedule to maintain, though...

I'm sorry, it's not exactly a cap. They call it a "luxury tax," where if you spend over a certain amount there is a percentage that is taxed and distributed to the other teams. I'm sure you can google it and find out all the specifics.

i might add i really dont give a shit about baseball...

I LOVE baseball, followed by F1, followed by NHRA, followed by college football, followed by college basketball, followed by NFL, and that's pretty much it.

I GOT ACCEPTED TO TEXAS A&M GRADUATE PROGRAM FULL TUITION PAID AND A GUARANTEED RESEARCH/TEACHING ASSISTANCE!!!!!

Good work!

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I'm so stoked right now but now have soooo much to do.

My dad went and bought me an aggie shirt while I was at the doctor today. Made me feel like an athlete getting drafted :P

Now we have some competition when sports seasons come around :)

According to leaked tax forms from 2006-2008, the RIAA spent a whopping $58,258,394 on legal fees over the course of those three years, reaping $1,362,572 from accused pirates in return.

I LOVE baseball, followed by F1, followed by NHRA, followed by college football, followed by college basketball, followed by NFL, and that's pretty much it.

For me its hard to choose a top sport.

i guess my list falls this way.

1. NFL

2. NBA

3. NCAA Football

4. NCAA Basketball

5. Soccer/hockey

6. Nascar/any car racing

Baseball just bores the hell out of me!

which brings me to a point.

Anybody see the video of the guy who died last weekend in top fuel dragsters?

Crazy shit man!