mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

What do you german car guys/car guys know about the german big sedans? Especially ones with big engiens ie V12's.

What's effed up is in looking at prices the large sedan's are cheeper than the mid size sedans. Since I'm not autobahning it might be something to look into. Plus I hate the recent 5 series, and the 760's seam to be cheep. I also see some with 120+miles on them. WTF.

Also I hate the crap out of audi..... I can't even get into the A8. The A6 geometry is ok, but the A8 is actually really tough to squeeze into.

Crown Vic with a built to the hilt turbo 5.0 stroked mod motor

you know you want to

shouldn't be too hard to adapt a big brake kit from a Mustang to boot

you'll have yourself a 12 second car with room for 6 people plus two week's worth of their luggage

here is one in alpine trim for less than that E55.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=282275582&dealer_id=57847439&car_year=2003&rdm=1279220383907&lastStartYear=1981&model=7_SERIESCLASS_SERIES&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=12%20Cylinder&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=100028448&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=55117&advanced=y&end_year=2011&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=317&standard=false

If I went private seller here is low miles for way less.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=282877044&dealer_id=65474103&car_year=2003&rdm=1279220383907&lastStartYear=1981&model=7_SERIESCLASS_SERIES&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=12%20Cylinder&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=100028448&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=55117&advanced=y&end_year=2011&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=611&standard=false

Benz not so much unless I go pre 2006, and from what I understand the S was a nightmare pre 2006.

Though I appreciate your idea peng I'm less into the super go fast, more into style comfort and interior.

The ford lacks all of those.

:(

What do you german car guys/car guys know about the german big sedans? Especially ones with big engiens ie V12's.

What's effed up is in looking at prices the large sedan's are cheeper than the mid size sedans. Since I'm not autobahning it might be something to look into. Plus I hate the recent 5 series, and the 760's seam to be cheep. I also see some with 120+miles on them. WTF.

I just don't like the ride of a European car. They are so stiff and uncomfortable. Their seats are hard as a rock too. I know a lot of people love them, but I prefer the smooth ride of an American Sedan... or even an Asian. Plus, the money it costs to fix those things... good God. I am a mechanic, and even getting the parts at cost is high as hell, not to mention they are awful to work on and their wiring diagrams are indecipherable.

you'll have yourself a 12 second car with room for 6 people plus two week's worth of their luggage

I got all that in my little V6... along with 30MPG on the road.

I like a bit stiffer ride myself. Up untill recently I didn't like ANY american cars unless it was for pure go fast style.

I have also come to loath asain cars. They feel like they are made to snap apart or rot out quickly.

Cars like the new taurus SHO and CTS-v are great, but they are priced too high. In 5-10 years maybe... and I probably won't buy a car untill then... however I'm always looking to replace the W's vehicle. All day all the time.

What has a 500 Hp v6???

200k3quartersm.jpg

turboin.jpg

smcasc.jpg

GN BABY!!!

The V12 would be awesome, but I feel it is just asking for much more expensive up keep that will out weight the added thrust and note.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=282275582&dealer_id=57847439&car_year=2003&rdm=1279220383907&lastStartYear=1981&model=7_SERIESCLASS_SERIES&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=12%20Cylinder&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=100028448&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=55117&advanced=y&end_year=2011&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=317&standard=false

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=282877044&dealer_id=65474103&car_year=2003&rdm=1279220383907&lastStartYear=1981&model=7_SERIESCLASS_SERIES&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2002&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=12%20Cylinder&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=100028448&showZipError=n&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceASC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceASC&address=55117&advanced=y&end_year=2011&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=611&standard=false

Benz not so much unless I go pre 2006, and from what I understand the S was a nightmare pre 2006.

They are excellent cars, just very $$.

If I started driving them I'm sure something with a v8 would probably be beefy enough. I couldn't beleive the thrust from the s500 I tested. It had a WTF was that kind of push. You only get that feeling in a big big car with big TQ.

I remember it feeling more hairy chested and grunty than the 911 S I tested. It was drastically slower... but the girth made it feel more impressive.

you know you want to

Just buy an '03-04 Marauder. It already has the 4 valve in it. Strap on a blower and you have instant 12s.

If I started driving them I'm sure something with a v8 would probably be beefy enough. I couldn't beleive the thrust from the s500 I tested. It had a WTF was that kind of push. You only get that feeling in a big big car with big TQ.

I remember it feeling more hairy chested and grunty than the 911 S I tested. It was drastically slower... but the girth made it feel more impressive.

My buddy had a Kenne Bell on his GT and it would rape my car out of the hole. It would also blow the tires off with no issue. My Vortech was much better suited for a street ride, produced more boost as the revs increase. Trust me, it may be fun to get instantly thrown back in your seat, but for someone like you who will never go to the track, a simply centifrugal and gears will do wonders and keep your tires in check. Of course, you can always just add cubes. . .

Sandt38, you need to post pics of the GN in the automotive section ASAP.

BTW, are you on TurboBuick?

You can fit six people in a GN?

you know you want to

Just buy an '03-04 Marauder. It already has the 4 valve in it. Strap on a blower and you have instant 12s.

That would have been my second suggestion since Marauders are a bit harder to find than Crown Vic's :)

1 guy, and 5 hot chicks. :drink40:

They are excellent cars, just very $$.

The other thing is the 2003 and 2004 (I beleive) have extended 7 year factory warranties. Mostly due to the iDrive, which has now been sorted out.

Early production E65s were fraught with problems, the vast majority of which were caused by software issues, not least the lack of functionality of iDrive. BMW repurchased a substantial number of 2002 and 2003 7 series cars in the USA. Subsequent software updates have largely cured these issues. Furthermore, BMW of North America extended the factory warranty on all 2002 and 2003 model year 7 series cars sold in the USA to 6 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km) from the original 4-year or 50,000-mile (80,000 km) coverage. The UK however was only covered by the standard 3 yr/unlimited mileage warranty on this model

Wiki got me! As I said I'm not sure how it works, but if it's free.....

Sandt38, you need to post pics of the GN in the automotive section ASAP.

BTW, are you on TurboBuick?

Will do.

I was going to join several years back but the majority of those guys were fuckin douchebags. I don't need to sit around and read a bunch of horseshit by a bunch of shadetree mechanics. I read one thread about some dude who popped his headgasket and changed it out in a parkinglot at the hotel he was staying at. He thought it was funny that he had popped his HG several times and was talkin crap about Fel-Pro gaskets. The whole lot of them started in on Fel-Pro... I'm thinking, geez, maybe it is more an issue with you suck at setting up your car and that is why it keeps blowing.

I worked for one of the premier GN builders in the US, and built 9 and 10 second V6 door slammers. Lou Czarnota at Lou's Auto. He was an NHRA SS/DX world record holder, and I got to work on and drive that nasty bitch... Anyways, I was around enough people with attitudes like that when I worked for him (I used to work on Art Carr's personal TType, and I got to meet guys like Kenny Duttwieler), I just don't need that in my personal life too. Lou was the worlds worst human being and an awful mechanic. Art was so high on himself you wanted to slap him. Kenny Duttwieler was actually a cool dude, and all those assholes in the GN crowd bagged on him. It kinda pissed me off. He knew i worked for Lou, but he took me around his shop, showed me his gear and some projects he was workin on... Just a really cool dude. Those guys were just envious of what he had and what he had accomplished.

I have been around a lot of performance "gurus" and every one of them outside of Duttwieler was a damn pole smoker.

Besides, I work on cars for a living. Playing with them at home just isn't that much fun anymore.

About the only way I can see 6 people getting into one :drink40:

About the only way I can see 6 people getting into one :drink40:

Frankly if it isn't 5 hot chicks, i don't want 6 in my car...

Well, OK I can fit 5 very comfortably.