mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

The fact that Aaron would be driving a japanese car.

A little C230 coupe (used of course) is not out of the question, just was leaning towards a very simple, cheap to fix and fuel trusty.

I'm thinking the same, buying a small econo car for the miles in town.

Said bye-bye to the VW on Thursday evening :)

So no more dubmod.jpg ???

A little C230 coupe (used of course) is not out of the question, just was leaning towards a very simple, cheap to fix and fuel trusty.

No more vdub for a good while.

Kind of sad to let a good car go but the money goes into paying the backhoe so no more monthly bank payments.

Maybe an mk1 will return some time, tdi powered....

i was thinking about looking at either a moped or maybe a used motorcycle for the MPG's alone.

Bam! 2008 Kawasaki Ninja® ZX™-10R for 1,000 grand.

someone hop on that ;)

No more vdub for a good while.

Kind of sad to let a good car go but the money goes into paying the backhoe so no more monthly bank payments.

Maybe an mk1 will return some time, tdi powered....

:wavey5: :wavey5:

Went to a lake last night for my dad's work's summer party. I go to bed at about 1:00am but it's still like 85* so I'm kinda trying to get comfortable enough to not sweat and doze off. The wind is out of the south at about 15 mph so I point my tent that way and open the flap to allow the screen to show to let some wind in. That helps a little, but this tent only has a small screen. Anyways, as I'm attempting to doze off the wind dies, making it harder because I get hotter. Then all of a sudden the wind just starts building and building and building out of the NORTH until I seriously wonder if there is a tornado out there, although I know for a fact there is not a cloud in the sky. I was under a tree and I really feared that branches would break off and crush me. The two stakes on the north half of the tent come out of the ground and I'm basically holding the tent down with my body weight. It's just one of those two bendy-pole cross tents, nothing fancy, but this thing is whipping hard, and I'm starting to wonder what would happen if it would lift me off with it still inside. As I'm sitting up trying to find the door zipper, I feel a pressure on my back like something is pushing against me. I figure out that it's my dad's tent being blown by the wind onto mine. Then all of a sudden I feel it slide over me, and his tent is gone (his tent was twice the size of mine, it probably sleeps 6). The wind had to have been 80 mph, if not 100. I'm like wtf is going on? I don't know, but I need to get out and fold my tent up so that it doesn't blow it away too. By this time the wind has died down to about 30 mph but I still have to keep a foot on the tent as I'm taking it apart so that it doesn't blow away. I haul it all over to my Explorer and figure I'll just sleep in there. I crack the windows, lean the seat back, and listen. quiet. The wind had died. I was like wtf, you've got to be kidding me. I just tore my tent down for nothing. Luckily my dad found his tent like 100 feet away, so we staked it back in and I slept in there. This was miraculous because we were on the edge of a cliff that went down into the lake and I was nearly sure it would have went in. The wind didn't blow more than 10 mph the rest of the night.

Weirdest thing ever. About 2 minutes of 80 mph wind, then it was done. Apparently a microburst, but it was strange because there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Apparently this lake is known for these strange occurrences, because I was telling the story to my stepmom's dad today and he said that he believes it because once he was out there boating and out of nowhere a huge storm of wind blew through and made 6-8 foot waves with whitecaps, water was washing over his boat from each wave, and he had to be careful to keep it straight on into waves and not turn or he was sure he'd tip over. After 5 minutes he went to a dock on the other side of the lake and asked a guy there what that was, and the guy said he hadn't seen anything. That half of the lake didn't have any inkling of that weather whatsoever. It's a decent sized lake, but not huge. About 9 miles long and 1.5 miles wide. It's Lake Wilson for any Kansans who know it.

That's nuts!

What do you german car guys/car guys know about the german big sedans? Especially ones with big engiens ie V12's.

What's effed up is in looking at prices the large sedan's are cheeper than the mid size sedans. Since I'm not autobahning it might be something to look into. Plus I hate the recent 5 series, and the 760's seam to be cheep. I also see some with 120+miles on them. WTF.

Fine until they break.

No real love for them, the only one I'd really be interested in is an 850, but I'd rather have the 840 in reality. Wouldn't be a bad car for IMO.

8 series ftmfw. They all come in a v8 also. I was just amazed at then near instant depreciation of some of the 7 series that looked to be in mint condition. You are correct though.... Some of those repair costs I read about are INSANE. You would need 10k just laying around.

You got a weak stomach M5?

Yep, Japanese cars make my stomach turn. Complete waste. :(

I would say they made a few nice ity bity sports cars. The Supra was nice. I have a special stpot in my heart for the 3000GT. They are cheep to fix kinda sorta too.

Time to order a new laptop.............Looking at an hp with blu ray, 17.1 (maybe 17.3) screen lcd display, 4gb or 6gb of ram and a 500 or 1 tb hdd.

Considering the 6 gb and 1 tb version at 500 more is it worth it?

789.00- 4gb and 500 gig hdd

1249.00- 6bd and 1 tb hdd

Any opinions? Both are made by HP.

I wouldn't pay nearly that much for a bigger HD. The ram won't do you much good, but if you do get the extra ram make sure you are getting 64 bit win 7

I have some Riedel's that will "hold" a whole bottle, but that is NOT how you should fill them.

might as well just stick a straw in the bottle, right...heh...

I just hang the space bag over my head and twist the tap when I need a reload. And yes ice is acceptable in the glass

There is a forest fire about 10 miles from me thats been burning for about a week. I wake up this morning and the smoke has really settled in the valley. Smells like aspen trees.

I was raised a Ford guy, but I love all classic iron. I think IF I had the choice of any post 60's car it would be a 'Cuda. Anyways heres a Dart I came across the other day, Who doesn't love old skool Mopar.

med_gallery_10399_415_31581.jpg

The funny thing is 80% of the Hondas in America where built on american soil. I wonder where your Silverado was built, oh wait, I already know, MEXICO......

Classic. I just used that to really piss of one of my friends :)

Classic. I just used that to really piss of one of my friends :)

I sent it to some teacher group inlaws muhself.

YEE HAW

"even works on a prius"

hehehehehe

The funny thing is 80% of the Hondas in America where built on american soil. I wonder where your Silverado was built, oh wait, I already know, MEXICO......

:meh:

I could care less. It's cool to support america, but only when americal gets something right. If the US makes a garbage truck then no one should buy it. If it's due to outsourced labor, then boo.

However if they can make them for less money by using other labor because US labor unions are awefull then so be it. Market proves it everytime. People want short term impulse financial savings not long term quality.

the folks in San Antonio seem to be doing a fairly decent job building Tundras :tehe:

still not as bad as having a McCain/Palin sticker on your car

I mean seriously GOP; John McCain and Sarah Palin? WTF is wrong with you?

okay I'm done

EDIT

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]

[audience gasps in terror]

Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.

[murmurs]

Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.

Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.

Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.

[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]

[Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]

k now done

McCain up Palin down.

Anyway... here is the facts. McCain is a decorated POW who had quite a bit of international as well as domesting dealings and spent time working in and with the fed. His biggest blunder publicaly. Dropping the old W for a hottie.

Obama , he got a peace prize for saying he might make some changes.

:meh:

If you take Palin and Biden out of the math, it's a no brainer. and McCain could is still alive, so he could have done much better in the past 2 years. I'm not starting a debate as much as taking a humor like look at the fact we put a lackluster-content mouth peice as our leader rather than a POW who has and does put his job above his image. Even though it's obvious and admited by himself Obama is a rock star and cares about image, respect, and family. Yeah I said family. I think the leader of the country comes first and family man comes in a distant second if you take that job.

Realistically.... I feel that the people who voted Obama didn't get what they were told, promised or shown. instead of change it's more of the same and especially with the war effort after comming into office and even just before he admited he needed to change his song.

And making fun of any prez is funny. That's why I loved GW because the em effer could make jokes!