mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

You got a weak stomach M5?

Yep, Japanese cars make my stomach turn. Complete waste. :(

You should find a Mazda Speed3 or even better a Speed6 (no longer in production) to drive. They're both 1/3 Ford, 1/3 Mazda, and 1/3 Volvo. Not your typical boring Japanese automobile, and as always, the Rx-7s are a blast as well.

doesnt matter on subs....these are only shallow mount subs.....it depends on the Amp and power supply (alternator) more power to amp means more power to sub XD

:popcorn:

link to vid.

WTF?

course it could also be the fuel pump...we'll see...

What fuel system and motor?

You know, you can take a section of fuel/pcv line and bypass the fuel filter for diagnostic purposes. On a lot of Chevy throttle body systems that is essentially what I do. I have a section of brass with threaded ends that slips right in place of the PF481 filter, and I have a quick disconnect threaded into the side of it where we stick my fuel pressure gauge. This way I can see if it is blocked (if I stick this inline and the truck starts I know it was blocked), and check fuel pressure all at the same time.

At any rate, in most cases these are low pressure systems. Unless you get into the L or K Jetronic mechanical systems or the GM Vortec systems with the mechanical poppets you usually see fairly low pressure systems. You can figure 10-13# systems on throttle body systems and maybe 30-35# systems on port fuel systems... Just simple fuel hose with clamps is a safe method of bypassing and testing these systems.

If you want help, just let me know the boat year, the motor, and some information on what you have tested and what the symptoms are. I fix cars, but most boat motors are just reverse running Chevy V6s anyways.

Well we can get the engine to run just peachy with starter fluid, so its definitely the fuel system

Cleaned the injectors and all the fuel lines, no clogs there

Only thing it can be at this point are the filters and/or the fuel pump; filters are cheap so we'll start there and if it still doesn't run its the fuel pump

Mercury BigFoot 60HP; 4 cylinder, EFI, coil on plug, 4 stroke btw

Oh OK, I didn't realize it was an outboard. I don't know much about them, sorry to say.

Oh OK, I didn't realize it was an outboard. I don't know much about them, sorry to say.

engine wise its basically the same type of engine you'd fine in most modern econoboxes, only a bit smaller; 8V SOHC I4, coil packs, EFI, 995cc.

also, just as much a pain in the ass to service as most econoboxes :P why they insist on cramming 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound box is beyond me...

You guys are fans of the Hannspree right? My parents are lookng for a new TV for the garage so I figured something cheap would do the trick. Will be running direct TV with no HD

Having a "what would (insert your name) do?" moment

I have a Dell E1505 Laptop. Recently I was at a friends and some juice got spilled under it. Every now and then when you turn it on it says something like "new memory installed etc..." you hit the power button and it turns directly off, push it again and it come on just fine. It actually hasn't done it recently. Sometimes is seems it's running slower...

Also, something is royally screwed up with the lid *goes to take a pic* Its progressively gotten worse over the last year. so much so that both sides of the lid pop up now.

Should I try to take this to someone to fix it?

As far as the hardware is concerned is there anything I can do/replace or do I have to wait for it to crash. And I assume it could possibly be the mother board that is on the fritz which means I basically would need a new comp....

Here is one pic. The photobucket app on the Droid blows.... couldn't get the rest to upload.

ce9e0402.jpg

Conveniently they basically act the same, albeit two strokes are two strokes but when you can trouble shoot anyone type you'll be okay :)

Hell, I'd guarantee you know more than me. :)

Having a "what would (insert your name) do?" moment

I have a Dell E1505 Laptop. Recently I was at a friends and some juice got spilled under it. Every now and then when you turn it on it says something like "new memory installed etc..." you hit the power button and it turns directly off, push it again and it come on just fine. It actually hasn't done it recently. Sometimes is seems it's running slower...

Also, something is royally screwed up with the lid *goes to take a pic* Its progressively gotten worse over the last year. so much so that both sides of the lid pop up now.

Should I try to take this to someone to fix it?

As far as the hardware is concerned is there anything I can do/replace or do I have to wait for it to crash. And I assume it could possibly be the mother board that is on the fritz which means I basically would need a new comp....

Here is one pic. The photobucket app on the Droid blows.... couldn't get the rest to upload.

ce9e0402.jpg

What OS are you running?

My new Gateway still recognizes my memory card from my camera in it even if I've removed it without manually stopping the hardware. It reverts back to normal after a restart of shut down. Apparently this is an issue with Windows 7 as it retains a memory if it goes into hibernation such as when you close the lid.

I love my nephew, but damn, are he and his friends stupid. I often wonder if I was as dumb and annoying as a teen.

we all were

I was more on the annoying side

When cutting a hole in a the back door for a "doggie door" the top and bottom of the door look remarkably the same when it is not on the hinges. Dogs cannot fly and your fiancee will laugh hard enough at your fail that she will need to change her shorts.

Time to order a new laptop.............Looking at an hp with blu ray, 17.1 (maybe 17.3) screen lcd display, 4gb or 6gb of ram and a 500 or 1 tb hdd.

Considering the 6 gb and 1 tb version at 500 more is it worth it?

789.00- 4gb and 500 gig hdd

1249.00- 6bd and 1 tb hdd

Any opinions? Both are made by HP.

:ghost:

Bought a new pair of birks yesterday.

<----In Myrtle Beach this week.

Went to the Royals-A's game tonight, it was real fun. Royals lost, but who cares, they still launched fireworks afterward. Plus it was buck night so I had 6 hot dogs and two drinks for $8. Plus they had a deal where you could get four tickets (luckily I was with exactly 3 friends) and $40 worth of concession stand money for only $60. hard to beat that.

But the management sure didn't think so many people would show up. The place was about sold out, something like 35-38,000 people, and the lines to concessions were ridiculous. A worker there said they were only staffed for about 20,000 people. Hmm. Somebody didn't figure correctly. But when you get basically the holy grail of promotions coming together all at once- fireworks, buck night (hot dogs, drinks, peanuts, and twinkies for $1), the ticket deal, Zack Greinke on the mound, and Friday night, you're going to get a lot of people.

I went to the O's - Jay's game Friday night. They had fireworks also, but no specials. I did get a free T-shirt for filling out a Chevy survey.

The fact that Aaron would be driving a japanese car.

A little C230 coupe (used of course) is not out of the question, just was leaning towards a very simple, cheap to fix and fuel trusty.

You got a weak stomach M5?

Yep, Japanese cars make my stomach turn. Complete waste. :(

You should find a Mazda Speed3 or even better a Speed6 (no longer in production) to drive. They're both 1/3 Ford, 1/3 Mazda, and 1/3 Volvo. Not your typical boring Japanese automobile, and as always, the Rx-7s are a blast as well.

If I could afford a Speed3, I would be all over it. :)

Time to order a new laptop.............Looking at an hp with blu ray, 17.1 (maybe 17.3) screen lcd display, 4gb or 6gb of ram and a 500 or 1 tb hdd.

Considering the 6 gb and 1 tb version at 500 more is it worth it?

789.00- 4gb and 500 gig hdd

1249.00- 6bd and 1 tb hdd

Any opinions? Both are made by HP.

Hardly a "laptop" if the screen is that big...

I have some Riedel's that will "hold" a whole bottle, but that is NOT how you should fill them.

I have some Riedel's that will "hold" a whole bottle, but that is NOT how you should fill them.

might as well just stick a straw in the bottle, right...heh...

The fact that Aaron would be driving a japanese car.

A little C230 coupe (used of course) is not out of the question, just was leaning towards a very simple, cheap to fix and fuel trusty.

I'm thinking the same, buying a small econo car for the miles in town.

Said bye-bye to the VW on Thursday evening :)