mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Old skewl PC's lol

That ohio is an electric abacus mang. Sweet

Just for the record guys, I am looking for some 17x8 (or 17x8.5) Wheels for a silverado (looking at black rims) and some 315/70/17 BFG A/Ts or 35x12.5x17 BFG Mud Terrain KM2s or Nittod Mud Grapplers :P

I'm also open to being talked into other tires

Just for the record I'm fighting between being practical and having bad ass tires. Conidering I'll still be driving this truck a lot (any road trips etc...) the AT's and the KM2s seem much more practical. I always wanted the mud grapplers because they look bad ass but I doubt I would care for highway road noise.

DO you care about ride quality(what I mean is can you deal with a soft feeling tire or do you drive "spirited" on the street) or hauling/towing?

I think the tera grapler is one of the best AT tires someone could get. I know 4-5 guys with them and they love them on and off. For off it's mostly farm land but some MOAB type areas where they go and mtn bike.

Just for the record guys, I am looking for some 17x8 (or 17x8.5) Wheels for a silverado (looking at black rims) and some 315/70/17 BFG A/Ts or 35x12.5x17 BFG Mud Terrain KM2s or Nittod Mud Grapplers :P

I'm also open to being talked into other tires

Just for the record I'm fighting between being practical and having bad ass tires. Conidering I'll still be driving this truck a lot (any road trips etc...) the AT's and the KM2s seem much more practical. I always wanted the mud grapplers because they look bad ass but I doubt I would care for highway road noise.

I had the KM's on my jeep and it sucked, but I also think they had a bad wear pattern and that was to blame for all my steering issues...

I currently have the KM2s and love them, I feel so much less in the road, going over damaged roads, potholes, anything, on the highway there not bad either.

I also had the ATs on another jeep and they worked well, but replaced them with Nitto Trail Grapplers and there great. A lot for more traction offroad and the highway driving isn't that noticeable difference.

And lastly I have the Nitto Trail Grapplers on a dodge ram turbo diesel and just drove 900miles across the state and needless to say they were awesome.

I've seen more than a few trucks in college with Mud Grapplers; ever flown in a prop plane before? Noise levels are about the same.

Off the top of my head, some other tires you can research on Google: Falken High Country All Terrain, Firestone Destination M/T, General Grabber AT2, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac, Goodyear Wrangler MT/R, Hankook Dynapro MT RT03, Hankook Dynapro ATm RT10, Kumho Road Venture MT KL71, and Yokohama Geolander M/T

That being said, the KM2's or the Trail Grapplers would also be a perfect fit for your application

I didn't go with the nito tera's myself actually.... but I have been in at least 2 vehicles that have them on and in shallow mud, and lots of sandy/gravely areas. Also some woodsey trails. One Jeep and one F superduty truck.

You don't have to worry about snow so much either... I honestly think the MT tires are not so awesome. They look kinda cool, but they alse make me think of the truck version of a carbon fiber wing on a primer color civic.

I've seen more than a few trucks in college with Mud Grapplers; ever flown in a prop plane before? Noise levels are about the same.

Off the top of my head, some other tires you can research on Google: Falken High Country All Terrain, Firestone Destination M/T, General Grabber AT2, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac, Goodyear Wrangler MT/R, Hankook Dynapro MT RT03, Hankook Dynapro ATm RT10, Kumho Road Venture MT KL71, and Yokohama Geolander M/T

That being said, the KM2's or the Trail Grapplers would also be a perfect fit for your application

Where were you when I was buying tires. Jeez.

And Kader for the record I got the dura tracs which also have that "I wish I was off road but my wife wouldn't deal with the prop noise Peng mentioned" look. Just a bit more toned down.... then again I have the black side out for now and I'm gonna flip them so the white shows 'em off.

:D

You know, its been nagging at me since the election...

McCain is a decorated POW

How exactly is being a POW a credential for running for president, other than PR? Being a decorated war hero, sure, but a POW?

I honestly think the MT tires are not so awesome. They look kinda cool, but they alse make me think of the truck version of a carbon fiber wing on a primer color civic.

Some M/T tires work great in the slop, but suck on rocks and they're loud as hell on the highway

Some M/T tires work adequately in the slop, but are great on rocks and they're loud as hell on the highway

Some M/T tires work great in the slop, great on rocks and you wouldn't even think of driving them on the highway

Depends on the tire; there are tons and tons of customer reviews and magazine tests you can find via Google or by word of mouth with local trail riders

Still on the McCain thing?

I think it's more the fact he was a POW and then continued to serve the country. Most of the POW's I know aren't in the mood to be a servant for the nation anymore. I do however see your point and the fact he was a POW alone means nothing. In this context though since he's been a servant since then it's relavent that he has a stronger "nation first" mentality.

Obviously it doesn't mean he is a great guy but I think other than PR it shows some ones track record. Think the gay law maker who repeatedly voted against expanding gay rights into marrige etc. It's not an absolute baramoter of character but untill we can read minds people acting against their personal goals to make things move ahead for their constituents it's what we have.

lol, yep left off a k or moved the digits there a bit

Amusingly, I have owned smaller hdd's than that though

I had a tandy 1000, and if you count it a comadore.

Comadore 64 or VIC20? I had both. I was a badass too, I even had the cassette tape for additional storage!!!

I agree Peng. Research is key. Being friedns with some of the people I know I was lucky enough to talk to them about the different options and got to ride in them. I know the cooper discovery was ok on the road as was the kuhmo(this one I only know 2nd hand) but most of the rest either burn off lugs so fast on pavement or are ungodly loud makeing them useless for the road.

I also spent about 4 days doing nothing but reading reviews before dropping my cash... and since discount tires lets me take 'em back if I don't like 'em... then sahweet.

Comadore 64 or VIC20? I had both. I was a badass too, I even had the cassette tape for additional storage!!!

No clue what I had! lol. I played the turtle game on it like a pro though. (cad)

and a TON of ascii art.

DO you care about ride quality(what I mean is can you deal with a soft feeling tire or do you drive "spirited" on the street) or hauling/towing?

I think the tera grapler is one of the best AT tires someone could get. I know 4-5 guys with them and they love them on and off. For off it's mostly farm land but some MOAB type areas where they go and mtn bike.

IMO the best AT tire out there currently.

I have them on both the 4runner and f150. I love the way the runner stuck to the wet roads on the way to MB and the ride is great!!

I didn't go with the nito tera's myself actually.... but I have been in at least 2 vehicles that have them on and in shallow mud, and lots of sandy/gravely areas. Also some woodsey trails. One Jeep and one F superduty truck.

You don't have to worry about snow so much either... I honestly think the MT tires are not so awesome. They look kinda cool, but they alse make me think of the truck version of a carbon fiber wing on a primer color civic.

My dad had terrible luck with terra grapplers. (one just separated driving down the highway) I've never seen anyone who disliked BFG A/Ts (except for the price).

As far as "what I care about". I've spent a lot of time and money in sound deadening and I'd feel like an idiot to ruin that with loud tires (so yeah, I basically just took away the mud grapplers) My hope was at the time I changed tires I would have gotten a newer DD car and the truck would be a long distance vehicle anymore, but oh well.

As far as on road performance. my drop down link on my front sway bar broke a few months ago and I still haven't taken the time to fix it, so I guess you can take that for what it's worth... However, I will fix that sometime.

As far as off road performance. Most of my offroad time is on the beach and sometimes on the Deer Lease. Sometimes I do stupid stuff where I'm glad I have a 4wd :) Though the rear locker has made the best difference in offroad performance.

No clue what I had! lol. I played the turtle game on it like a pro though. (cad)

and a TON of ascii art.

The 64 was the big boy, it was brown/tan. The VIC20 was white.

My dad had terrible luck with terra grapplers. (one just separated driving down the highway) I've never seen anyone who disliked BFG A/Ts (except for the price).

As far as "what I care about". I've spent a lot of time and money in sound deadening and I'd feel like an idiot to ruin that with loud tires (so yeah, I basically just took away the mud grapplers) My hope was at the time I changed tires I would have gotten a newer DD car and the truck would be a long distance vehicle anymore, but oh well.

As far as on road performance. my drop down link on my front sway bar broke a few months ago and I still haven't taken the time to fix it, so I guess you can take that for what it's worth... However, I will fix that sometime.

As far as off road performance. Most of my offroad time is on the beach and sometimes on the Deer Lease. Sometimes I do stupid stuff where I'm glad I have a 4wd :) Though the rear locker has made the best difference in offroad performance.

Curious to know how old your dad's tires are and what load rating?

Your best bet would a true all terrain tire in that case; Radial FC II's, DuraTracs, BFG A/T KO's, Grabber AT2s, High Country AT's, etc. There are a lot of "all terrain" tires out there that are basically designed to get a soccer mom SUV/CUV through a dirt road so watch out ;)

I remember that they had plenty of tread. Don't remember load rating but he wasn't caring a load when it happened.

I want to say he had 2 separate problems with them that finally made him switch.

I remember that they had plenty of tread. Don't remember load rating but he wasn't caring a load when it happened.

I want to say he had 2 separate problems with them that finally made him switch.

The reason I ask was the early ones had some issues that nitto figured out and they said that they had taken the needed steps to fix them. Maybe your dad had some of the earlier ones.

If I find out my friend mislead me I will be paying him a visit in Japan.

Wow! So weird with the tera's! Well I like my duratrac's and I can't hear them over wind noises on the highway really. I got them for the snow actually(the have an extreme weather rating somehow even with the big lugs) but I'm sure with the agressive lugs they would do fine in anything but deep mud. They do feel "softer" than most. I supose you could inflate them a bit more... especially on my ford. The pressure is SO low on they expy IMO.

I used to work with Vic Wintriss doing machine vision work. He was the graphic brains behind the Comodore Amiga.

Still all those computers are modern compared to the C1P. :P