mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Had some of that at 5:30 am walking the beach :fing34:

Not fair.

Saw some 35" Toyo's Open Country M/T's on a newer chevy today. Makes me realize how small my tires really are. My truck is going to look completely different with some new tires.

Saw some 35" Toyo's Open Country M/T's on a newer chevy today. Makes me realize how small my tires really are. My truck is going to look completely different with some new tires.

go big or go home :+1:

hmm-did-chrysler-release-2012-dodge-magnum-photos-yetopt.jpg

Behold, the 2012 Dodge Durango...or Magnum...or whatever the're going to call it

go big or go home :+1:

Saw some MT Baja ATZs on a Ford today and they look pretty nice.

Make me big the MT Baja MTZs a little more

Behold, the 2012 Dodge Durango...or Magnum...or whatever the're going to call it

I like the front grill area ^_^

Interesting change in body work style. But it is still a Chrysler.

On the look out for another laptop. I think it might just be a better idea to get me through the next couple years.

I'm trying to find a no nonsense laptop. Can anyone explain the difference between the i3 and i5 processors and if its worth it for me to get?

The damn market is so saturated with products its ridiculous. Damn Lenovo's have 5 different versions of the "idea pad"

You need to consider what you are going to be using it for. Some programs are more processor intensive, and others are more RAM intensive.

I use it for a lot of web surfing, Microsoft Office work, multitasking. I may have to run solidworks (3D Modeling program) but I'll probably be using the school computers for that.

Really my computer has been able to handle anything I need but I'm just having a lot of little problems, and I think its because of the juice that got spilled under it. It now just kind of freezes up for a little bit and when I leave it alone for a while it takes a long time to get going again. Start up and Shut down are taking entirely too long. When I'm watching a youtube video and change the volume it pops up the volume on screen but doesn't change for a while then (if I hit the button multiple times) turns up all those clicks very quickly... etc.... you get the picture.

Also the screen "lid" is messed up and it still does that "memory has changed" thing every couple of bootloads...

On the look out for another laptop. I think it might just be a better idea to get me through the next couple years.

I'm trying to find a no nonsense laptop. Can anyone explain the difference between the i3 and i5 processors and if its worth it for me to get?

Different levels of on die cache, i3 does not have Intel Turbo Boost, i5 has higher clock speeds.

All i3/i5/i7 based laptops with onboard graphics support full MPEG-2, VC-1, and AVC hardware acceleration so even with the lowliest models can watch 1080p video files no sweat. Basically, as long as its something with an i3/i5/i7 chip, lots of of RAM (3GB+), and a keyboard you find comfortable, you're good. I also prefer 7,200 RPM hard drives but they aren't as prevalent as the 5,400 RPM drives and they also eat more juice.

You can also try PowerNotebooks if you aren't finding what you want from the other manufacturers.

hell even something like this Asus would work; after you manually upgrade the RAM to 4GB, natch.

I'm trying to get a laptop with good processing, memory and networking power without having to get super audio cards and video cards, etc...

Just for the record, those power notebooks are crazy expensive

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Had some of that at 5:30 am walking the beach :fing34:

Not fair.

Now for some pizza and rum on the balcony.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834146774

I'm diggin this one (different than the ones you posted) on everything except for the battery life

Can also get an Dell Inspiron 15R for $500. Only difference is an i3 instead of an i5 and the router only supports g/n not b/g/n (which shouldn't be a big deal)

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834146774

I'm diggin this one (different than the ones you posted) on everything except for the battery life

Can also get an Dell Inspiron 15R for $500. Only difference is an i3 instead of an i5 and the router only supports g/n not b/g/n (which shouldn't be a big deal)

Just means you won't be able to use 802.11b (like you'd even want to); you can still use 802.11g or 802.11n :)

Any of the above laptops will work great for your needs :)

do it the Homer Simpson way

"Do you even know what button you pushed?"

"Sure! Moe!"