mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Dump truck is going ~50-55 MPH, by the way

Dump truck is going ~50-55 MPH, by the way

Tatra dump truck. Really ingenious independent suspension system.

Good news on the comp. Checked the computer properties and was only showing 512mb. Pulled the RAM (luckily for my model both are on the bottom side of the laptop which is cool) cleaned it up and reinstalled and now shows 1gb again.

Did some googling and found out the lid is a design flaw in the e1505's (which dell wouldn't own up to even if I was in my 4 year limited warranty range) Took everything apart and found the screws were loose and the bracket that holds the hinge on one side was loose. A little gorilla glue ought to fix it *crosses fingers*. I'm letting it dry right now then I'll put it all back together. I also found that the screen side bezel had some missing pieces of plastic (which I found floating around) It doesn't look like its structurally important so I'm going to roll with it. If not I found a place that sells replacement bezels. After its back together I'll back up some files and then reformat. Download the lataest ubuntu and see if I can't dual boot :D

IMG_20100723_140003.jpg

There, I fixed it! :P

If everything goes well I'm probably going to go ahead and upgrade to 2 gigs of memory just for fun. How easy is it to OC these guys? :P

errr... maybe 4? is that necessary? it cost about $49 for 2x1GB and $82 for 2x2gb

If you buy 2 1gb sticks of Gskill its cheaper then buying their "Dual Channel Kit".... only $43 then.....

If everything goes well I'm probably going to go ahead and upgrade to 2 gigs of memory just for fun. How easy is it to OC these guys? :P

errr... maybe 4? is that necessary? it cost about $49 for 2x1GB and $82 for 2x2gb

If you buy 2 1gb sticks of Gskill its cheaper then buying their "Dual Channel Kit".... only $43 then.....

Don't go past 3 Gig of ram unless you're running 64 bit. It would be a waste.

OCing is not my cup of tea on lap tops honestly unless you really don't care if you burn it out. I know people do it all the time but in the real world I don't think you would see a difference unless you play games and then only a couple frames per second honestly.

Well I spent a lot of time getting it all cleaned up. Looks almost brand new. Got it all back together and closed the lid and the gorilla didn't hold at all. These hinges have some serious tension on them. but it does look clean.

Booted it up and it immediately said that the memory had changed (I didn't touch that side when I was trying to fix the screen) Sure enough on boot up it says I have 512mb of ram again :(

random question: any good reference books for sports nutrition/body building supplements? websites are nice and all but I like having physical copies to thumb through

well I wrote a sweet reply but it didn't post..

I really liked the Men's Health Hard Body Plan book. It really seems to focus on good nutrition for someone who wants to be active and gain muscle, not like a body builder on the net who says PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN!!!!

IMG_20100723_202416.jpg

So I'm pretty sure the last time I booted up and it was recognizing 1.0gb of RAM the MHz next to it said 1.6GHZ :( what is that number?

I really liked the Men's Health Hard Body Plan book. It really seems to focus on good nutrition for someone who wants to be active and gain muscle, not like a body builder on the net who says PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN!!!!

any supplement info in there or just diet, recipe and nutrition info?

k that may be a lie.... but I still don't know what that damn number means

So I'm pretty sure the last time I booted up and it was recognizing 1.0gb of RAM the MHz next to it said 1.6GHZ :( what is that number?

It is a T2300 chip, which is a core 2 duo, 1.66GHz clock speed.

any supplement info in there or just diet, recipe and nutrition info?

Basically what you need to hear. Multivitamins are good insurance, the rest you basically don't need unless you are proven to be deficient, creatine can be beneficial and taking protein powders isn't absolutely necessary.

It is a T2300 chip, which is a core 2 duo, 1.66GHz clock speed.

I'm referring the the 981 MHz on the next line

edit: just changed opened it again and it now says 1.66Ghz again. Are you saying that it takes a clock speed when you open it? Why would it shouw 981 MHz? It shows it consistently when the RAM is only recognizing 512mb

try a fresh OS install; if that doesn't help you're hardware is screwy

:turkey:

might also be SpeedStep doing its thang

Multivitamins are good insurance, the rest you basically don't need unless you are proven to be deficient, creatine can be beneficial and taking protein powders isn't absolutely necessary.

Sounds good

Multivitamins are good insurance, the rest you basically don't need unless you are proven to be deficient, creatine can be beneficial and taking protein powders isn't absolutely necessary.

Sounds good

I should mention it does actually talk about them so if you interested in what they do for your body it tells you. Maybe you'll get some evidence your deficient in something and have your doctor check it out....

all I'm deficient in is attention span :P

a little more trap/lat/delt bulk would be nice, though